Coffee is my forever-loving drink.
If you also love your coffee and wanna enjoy a delicious cup of coffee with your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine without taking any break. You must love your coffee machine too through proper cleaning and maintenance.
Could you imagine what would happen If you don’t pay attention (descale) your machine and just drink coffee? After some time there will be coffee grounds, limescale and gunk inside the machine, which will affect the taste of your coffee and your health too.
If you want to avoid all these problems then there is only one solution: Timely descaling, it not only keeps your machine healthy but also extends its life. If you don’t know how to descale a Nespresso CitiZ and Milk. Be with me, I will tell you the entire process.
Related: Best Nespresso Machines
Step-By-Step Guide: How to Descale A Nespresso CitiZ And Milk
In order to keep your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk in tip-top condition, you must descale it after enjoying 300 cups of coffee or after 3 months (whichever comes first). Here is a complete guide on How to Descale A Nespresso CitiZ and Milk. Let’s see
Note: This process will take only 15 minutes of your precious time.
Step: 1 Prepare For Descaling
- Before starting the process make sure there is no capsule in the capsule compartment. If present, lift and close the lever to empty the capsule compartment.
- Check the drip tray and water tank as well, discard water if present in them.
- Fill the water tank with 0.5 liter or 500 ml of potable water.
- Add 1 sachet of Nespresso Descaling Kit to the water tank.
- Take a 1-liter container or more and set it under the coffee umbrella.
Step: 2 Activate The Machine
- Prior to going for descaling, turn on the machine by pressing either the Espresso or Lungo button.
- Let the machine warm up. Hold on, it will take approximately 25 seconds. (LED lights of both buttons will start blinking)
- After 25 seconds, the LED lights will stop blinking and become steady. It shows the machine has heated up. Now, your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine is proceeding for descaling.
Step: 3 Start Descaling Process
- To activate the descaling mode, press the Espresso and Lungo button together for 5 sec.
- The LEDs of both buttons (Espresso and Lungo) start flashing light.
- Let’s start the round of descaling. Press the Lungo button and let the solution pass through the coffee outlet.
- Now pick the container and pour the collected liquid into the water tank.
- Repeat the steps 10 and 11 about 2-3 times. (You can do more if needed).
- After this, lift the container and dump water into the sink. Not only this but also rinse the water tank.
Step: 4 Rinse The Machine
- Fill the water tank with pure water.
- Place the empty container back under the coffee outlet.
- To start the rinsing cycle, press and release the Lungo button once again and allow the water tank to get out of the water.
- Lift the container and discard water.
- To exit the descaling mode, press and hold the Espresso and Lungo button together for 5 sec.
- Finally, Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine is now descaled, you can continue enjoying your coffee.
Video On Descaling A Nespresso CitiZ and Milk:
Guide On Descaling Nespresso CitiZ And Milk
For further queries about descaling, read this guide present below. It will help you to understand more and hope so, clear all your concepts. Additionally, you can perform descaling well and your machine will run for a longer period of time without any interruptions.
How Do I Activate The Descale Mode In Nespresso CitiZ And Milk machine?
To activate the descaling mode in Nespresso CitiZ and milk machine, press the Espresso and Lungo buttons together for about 5 sec while the machine is On. After that LED lights of both buttons will start flashing it shows that your machine has entered in descaling mode.
What Buttons Do You Press To Descale A Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
There are two buttons at the top: Espresso and Lungo, press them together for 3 sec, they help to enter in the descaling mode while the machine is On. After that press down the Lungo button until the water tank is empty. To exit the descaling mode, again press the Espresso and Lungo buttons simultaneously for 3 sec.
How Do I Reset My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk After Descaling?
The reset process for Nespresso CitiZ and Milk will remain the same, regardless of whether you do it after descaling. You can reset your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine in the following way:
- Switch Off the machine
- Then press the Lungo button for 5 sec.
- Lights will start blinking
- After some time the lights become steady.
- It shows that your machine has heated up.
Read its complete guide by clicking on the link below:
How Do You Know When Descaling Is Done In Nespresso CitiZ And Milk?
The Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine will automatically stop dispensing descaling water when the water tank is empty. This indicates that the descaling process is complete. However, you can stop the process anytime by pressing the Espresso and Longo buttons together for 5 seconds.
What Happens If You Don’t Descale Your Nespresso CitiZ And Milk?
If you do not descale your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, then it will build-up mineral deposits and limescale inside the machine, clogging up the internal system. As a result, your machine will not be able to serve you the desired cup of coffee.
How Do I Know If My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine Needs Descaling?
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine alert you for descaling by giving some signals:
- Your coffee will taste bad.
- Your machine will make some noise while running.
- Your machine will produce less coffee than usual.
- The coffee will not be as hot as it should be.
- When it has been 3 months or you have drunk your 300 cups of coffee, the machine should be descale.
What Is Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Descaling Procedure?
Descaling in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk is the process of removing hard water particles that create mineral deposits and block the internal pipes of the machine to brew coffee.
For Descaling Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine follow these steps:
- First turn On your machine and place 1 liter pot under the coffee outlet.
- While the machine is warming up, add a descaling solution and half-way water to the water tank.
- Later on 25-30 seconds, press the Espresso and Lungo buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds to activate the descaling mode.
- Lights on the buttons (Espresso and Lungo) will start flashing.
- Press the Lungo button to empty the water tank.
- Refill the water tank with the used descaling solution
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 at least three times.
- Take the pot and discard water.
- For rinsing, fill the water tank with pure water.
- Again press the Lungo button to run the cleaning cycle.
- To exit the descaling process, press the Espresso and Lungo button, hold down for 3 sec.
- Your machine is ready to make coffee.
What Is Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Descaling Mode?
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk descaling mode allows you to perform the descaling process. It helps to remove mineral buildup, limescale, and dirt inside the machine. Descaling helps you to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee, time after time without any hurdle. You can get into the descaling mode by pressing Espresso and Lungo buttons together while the machine is On.
How Long Does It Take To Descale A Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
The descaling process of the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine will take approximately 20-30 minutes of your precious time.
Can You Descale A Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine With Just Water?
The process of rinsing the machine with just water, without adding a descaling solution is called cleaning cycle. It removes dirt and leftover coffee grounds. You cannot remove hard mineral deposits through running only a cleaning cycle (water rinsing).
Can I Use Vinegar And Water To Descale My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
Yes! You can use vinegar to descale the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. Take an equal amount of both water and vinegar and pour it into the water tank for descaling and let it sit for about 30 minutes or half an hour. However, Nespresso itself does not recommend using any chemical for descaling, except Nespresso Descaling Kit.
Which Is Better Vinegar Or Descaling Solution?
Both vinegar and descaling solution work similarly to descale the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. But it is much better to use Nespresso descaling solution instead of vinegar. If you use vinegar for descaling, use it in moderation, too much amount can damage the internal parts of your machine.
Can I Use Baking Soda To Descale My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
Yes, you can use baking soda, but when you have no other options and baking soda is the last option to descale Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. You can use a very small quantity ¼ cup (59.14 ml) of baking soda in a half way water bowl. Pour this mixture into the water tank, let it rest for 5 minutes, then start the descaling process.
Will Coffee Tastes Like Vinegar After Descaling?
It happens when you do not rinse the machine thoroughly after descaling with vinegar. Therefore, when making coffee, the residual solution is mixed with water, which affects the taste of the drink. For proper cleaning, it is necessary to run a rinse cycle at least 2-3 times with water so that no chemical remains in it.
Can I Use Keurig Descaler In Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
Yes , you can use Keurig descaler too with Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine as it is compatible with any coffee machine.
How Do You Descale A Milk Frother Of Nespresso CitiZ And Milk?
You can not descale Nespresso CitiZ and Milk frother, but you should clean and rinse it after every use. However, you can deep clean the Aeroccino jug by adding lukewarm water and dishwashing liquid. Press the button once to spin the cycle, then rinse it with water.
Is Nespresso Descaling Kit Necessary?
Yes, Nespresso descaling Kit is necessary for descaling your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. This descaling kit is machine-tailored so your coffee maker can get the best cleaning possible without damaging its parts.
Why Is My Descale Light Still On In Nespresso CitiZ And Milk?
If your Nespresso CitiZ and the Milk LED lights are still On after descaling, it means that your Nespresso has not been rinsed properly. You need to run the rinse cycle again in your machine.
How Do I Turn My Descale Off In Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
To turn Off the descaling process in the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, press and hold the Espresso and Lungo buttons together for 5 sec, it will then turn off.
In this guide, I tried to cover all the steps that are necessary to descale the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. You don’t have to worry anymore, keep this guide handy while descaling the machine and keep enjoying a delicious cup of coffee.
Also visit: Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Safety Precautions
How Do I Put My Nespresso CitiZ and Milk In Descaling Mode?
To put your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine in descaling mode, first switch on the machine after that press and hold the Espresso and Lungo button for 5 sec. The LED lights will start blinking when it stabilizes, the descaling mode will be activated.
How Do I Clean My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Frother?
It is recommended to clean a Nespresso CitiZ and Milk frother after every use. Take note, never immerse in water. Always use a sponge to clean all over the jug. Here are the steps you’ll go through during Aeroccino cleaning:
- Turn off the machine and take the Aeroccino out of its base.
- Separate all the parts from the jug.
- Rinse all the separated parts.
- Use a non-abrasive sponge to clean the inside of the Aeroccino.
- Rinse the jug with mild hot water.
- Dry the inside of the Aeroccino and all the separated parts.
- Reassemble all the parts.
When Should I Descale My Nespresso CitiZ and Milk?
Nespresso recommends to descale your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine after every 3 months or after brewing 300 cups of coffee (whichever comes earlier).
How Do I Descale My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine Without Descaling Solution?
You can descale your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine without a descaling solution in case when your machine doesn’t pour enough coffee and you have an urgent need to descale it. The substitute against Nespresso descaling solution could be vinegar, lemon, citric acid or baking soda for descaling.
How Do I Know If My Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Is In Descaling Mode?
When you activate the machine by pressing the Espresso and Lungo button for descaling, it will blink lights on LEDs which shows that your machine has entered in descaling mode.