Nespresso continues to delight both Nespresso coffee drinkers and design lovers with its sleek and innovative designs. The invention of coffee machines adds beauty and vibrancy to coffee rituals around the world. Citiz & Milk machine is also a new and updated version of Nespresso Retro modern design with an integrated milk frother.
This machine’s user-friendly features suit all coffee-drinking preferences, including two programmable buttons and an automatic flow stop part for espresso and lungo cups. An Aeroccino has been fitted, depending on the space in your kitchen. This milk frother is perfect and automatically froths cold and hot milk in the right way. Thanks to this automatic electric frother, the Nespresso Citiz Milk machine allows you to enjoy an endless number of delicious coffee recipes at the touch of a button.
Its 19 bar pressure pump gives you a barista-style coffee all the time. Nespresso CitiZ and Milk accurately and skillfully extract the delicate flavor and premium aromas of ground coffee beans inside the coffee capsules during the coffee brewing process, creating an unparalleled thick and soft foam on the cup of espresso, and all of this perfectly extracting is made possible by a 19-bar pressure pump. The machine’s fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The Nespresso Citiz Milk has an automatic energy-saving function that switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes.
The machine automatically shuts off after nine minutes when you stop using it to make your life easier. Nespresso, like its other models, retains its famous lines and premium finish in this model. The intuitive and user-friendly nature of the Nespresso CitiZ Milk machine reflects Nespresso’s unparalleled expertise in meeting the preferences of regular coffee and espresso drinkers. This machine bundle includes a welcome set with a range of Nespresso capsules with a unique fragrance profile.
Customers Reviews and Ratings for Nespresso Citiz Milk Machine
Global Ratings: 2,472
Overall Rating: 96.11 out of 100
Temperature Control: 10/10
Coffee Quality: 9.8/10
Blending power: 9.7/10
Design & Features: 9.7/10
Ease of Use: 9.7/10
Easy to Clean: 9.6/10
Brand Reputation: 9.2/10
Key Features and Specifications of the Nespresso Citiz Milk
- Product Line: OriginalLine
- US/CA Partners: Breville, DeLonghi
- UK Partners: Krups, Magimix
- Brand: Nestle Nespresso
- Capacity: 2.1 Pounds
- User Manual: Buttons
- Style: Machine + Aero and Machine Only
- Warranty: 1 Year (Spot or Wipe Clean Warranty is not applicable )
- Removable water tank: 34 Ounces
- Used Nespresso capsule container capacity: 9-11 used Nespresso capsules
- Milk frother: All Nespresso frothers create incredible milk froth (You have to ensure that you are using the whisk with the metal coil attached to create more froth)
- Milk Container: None
- Pressure: 19 Bars
- Spent Capsules: 10 Nespresso capsules
- Heat-up Time: 25 Seconds
- Automatic energy-saving function: Automatic shut off after 9 minutes, programmable
- Manual coffee capsule insertion and ejection: Yes
- Dimensions of the Nespresso CitiZ Milk Machine (WxHxD): 5.1 x 14.6 x 10.9 in
- Dimensions of the Box of the Nespresso CitiZ Milk(WxHxD): 10.5 x 13.5 x 11.5 in
- External Material: Plastic
- Color: Black & White
- Weight: 7.30 lbs
- Watts: 1710W
- Power: 120V
- Cable Length: 2.6 ft
Pros of Citiz and Milk Espresso Machine
- Sleek design
- The low-profile design takes up minimal space.
- Large water tank and slim footprint
- Can use 3rd-party capsules
- Two programmable brew sizes
- Programmable auto-off feature
- High pressure and fast heat-up time
- Folding cup tray for taller glass recipes
- The high-performance pump extracts each coffee capsule’s flavors and aromas and offers high-quality coffee every time perfectly.
- Actual pump pressure is better than VertuoLine Centrifusion.
- One-touch sizing system lets you adjust brew size by pressing and holding brew buttons.
- Solid internal construction means it won’t break down quickly.
- Produces real espresso with incomparably dense crema speedily and conveniently
- Easy insertion
- Easy to clean
- No plastic waste
- You can use recycling bags.
- Excellent value for money
Cons of Citiz and Milk Espresso Machine
- Fewer features
- Poorly-designed drip tray
- The stated 19 bars are inconsistent.
- It doesn’t work well with full-size coffee cups.
- The hanging of the milk frothing device can be pretty tricky.
- The espresso maker is a bit noisy.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Nespresso Machine
Before you decide which is the best Nespresso machine, you need to know a few things: Which brand and line to choose. Some people prefer milk-based coffee recipes, and some prefer espresso. Take a look at which group you belong to, then select your espresso machine. Before buying a machine, study Nespresso vs. Keurig and VertuoLine Machines Vs. OriginalLine machines so you can choose the right brand for you. You have to see more:
What is Citiz Milk? Would you please read all about the Nespresso Citiz Milk espresso machine and compare it to another machine of the CitiZ series and other OriginalLine Nespresso Machines like Nespresso Pixie? You can also compare it to the more premium (and expensive) Lattissima models and Vertuo models of Nespresso.
What is Citiz Milk design like? You would have a visit to a coffee shop to decide how your appliances look on your counter. Some people are coffee drinkers as well as compact design lovers. Maybe someone likes a compact format, such as an elegant design or a design with iconic lines, while some prefer a simple one. Some like black or chrome color machines, while others prefer red or white. It is up to you to decide whether you like simple colors, fast, elegant design, or compact. Should you know its qualities and functionalities and its pros and cons? And what about the reviews given by people who have used this machine before? We have included a lot of detail of these things in this article, so you need to read this article before buying a Nespresso coffee maker.
Which Nespresso Line is Better for You: OriginalLine or VertuoLine?
Nespresso makes two types of capsules: OriginalLine capsules and VertuoLine capsules. The brand makes two types of machines: the OriginalLine machines compatible with OriginalLine capsules and the VertuoLine machines compatible with VertuoLine pods.
What are OriginalLine line machines?
- They make quick and delicious espresso with unctuous crema
- They have 19 high-pressure bar extraction
- More than two dozen different Nespresso capsules are available
- You can use third-party capsules
- These machines can brew three sizes (Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo)
- You can also use fresh ground coffee by refilling reusable capsules
What are VertuoLine machines?
- These machines make fast, tasty, and good espresso as well as delicious coffee drinks
- They extract coffee ground capsules by centrifugation
- You can use more than two dozen capsules in these machines
- These machines can brew five different cup sizes (Espresso, Double Espresso, Gran Lungo, Coffee, Alto)
- The unique bar code on the capsules allows one-touch operation
- They brew standard coffee up to 17 oz
For your money, I recommend OriginalLine machines; they are better than VertuoLine machines. Firstly, their pump produces more authentic espresso. Secondly, the coffee tends to be hotter. Thirdly, there’s no barcode scanning system meaning you can find less-expensive third-party capsules. Fourthly, you can use freshly ground coffee beans to make a barista-style coffee every time.
What Makes the CitiZ & Milk Prominent from Other Nespresso Machines?
The CitiZ Milk is Nespresso’s best OriginalLine machine concerning size, quality, and price. I mean, it is slightly less than any of the machines of the Nespresso Lattissima Series in quality and functionality. Here are the qualities which make CitiZ Milk stand out.
- CitiZ Milk has a powerful 1720W boiler which is best for a quick heat-up time
- The machine has a 34 oz reservoir which is 10 oz larger than the Essenza Plus, Pixie, and Inissia
- It has an integrated Aeroccino3 frother for a latte, cappuccino, or other specialty drinks
Coffee and Espresso Settings with Adjustable Coffee Size
The CitiZ & Milk has two programmable brew buttons capable of brewing shots from 1.35 oz to 3.70 oz for both Espresso and Lungo coffees. You can easily customize your shot size with these programmable brew buttons. Let’s see how it work:
- Insert your selected capsule
- Choose your drink size (Press and hold either one of the brew buttons until your desired shot volume is reached)
- Release the button
- Let the machine do the rest.
The CitiZ Milk will remember your selected brew size for every future brew (until you reset it).
Can you make an Americano using the CitiZ Milk?
Caffè Americano is prepared by diluting an espresso with hot water. However, CitiZ Milk doesn’t come with a preset button for Americanos as the Essenza Plus does. Still, you can easily set up your own Americano system by using the programmable buttons:
- Select one button for your preferred shot size
- Select the other button for your preferred hot water volume
How to Descale Citiz Milk Espresso Machine
There are four simple steps required to descale your Citiz Milk machine, and they are pretty simple. You have to follow this process to ensure that your coffee maker is clean and ready to make delicious coffee.
Prepare Your Citiz Milk Machine for Decaling
- First, get your CitiZ Milk ready for cleaning. Make sure there are no capsules in your coffee maker by lifting and closing the lever.
- Now you have to remove the empty capsule container and remove the drip tray.
- Place a cup or container under the dispenser so that it can catch the passing liquid. This cup or container must be able to hold at least 1 liter of fluid.
- Now fill the water tank with 500 ml of water and mix the descaling solution in water.
- Then press the button to turn on the machine.
Starting the descaling process
- Turn on descaling mode on your Citiz Milk to start the cleaning process.
- The two buttons on the top of the device, when they stop flashing, press both buttons simultaneously for three seconds so that the lights start flashing faster. It indicates that the cleaning process has begun.
- Adopt lungo cup size for descaling.
- The water will come out of the water tank and flow through the machine into the cup or container you have placed under the dispenser.
- Repeat this descaling process with the solution used until the water reservoir of your Citiz Milk is exhausted.
How to Clean Your Citiz Milk Machine
- After the cycle is complete, empty the water reservoir and wash it until no solution remains.
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh water and repeat the cycling process three times.
Exiting descaling mode
- Now press the two front buttons on your machine simultaneously for three seconds to deactivate the descaling mode.
Now, you have descaled your Citiz Milk machine, and now it is ready to make excellent coffees again. For more information, check out this video on how to descale a Citiz Milk:
Citiz Milk vs Essenza Mini.
If you want to buy a good machine on a low budget, then the Essenza Mini is better for you if you have a small family. Because it has a 20 oz water reservoir which may not be enough for a big family. If your family is large and everyone is keen on coffee, then CitiZ Milk is the best option for you as it has a 34 oz water reservoir which is enough for a big family. And if you want a giant cup, consider checking out the VertuoLine series, either Evoluo or VertuoPlus.
Citiz Milk vs. Pixie: Which is Right for You?
You’ll need to choose either Pixie or the CitiZ Milk that suits your space and needs best; both have pros and cons in their subtle differences. Pixie is less expensive and a more premium-looking machine that will suit you best and save you some money. But it has a 24 oz water reservoir and a small spent capsule tank which is insufficient for a big family. On the other hand, the Nespresso machine CitiZ Milk has a retro look and more color customization, and it has a 34 oz water reservoir and is a little more user-friendly than Pixie.
Can You Make Double Espresso With Nespresso CitiZ & Milk Coffee Machine?
Double Espresso with Nespresso Citiz & Milk espresso machine sounds good but is quite confusing because Citiz & Milk is an OriginalLine machine. You cannot make Double Espresso with an OriginalLine machine but can only brew two separate espresso shots, each with 1.35 oz espresso pods.
Should You Buy Nespresso CitiZ & Milk?
Suppose you are a fan of Latte, macchiato cappuccino, and other similar espresso-based beverages that require foamed milk. In that case, Espresso CitiZ Milk is a great low-cost option at Nespresso’s OrignalLine machines. And if you are interested in the more premium and more functional models of the Nespresso Original Line, then Nespresso Letsima Plus or Nespresso Latsima Pro is perfect for you.
But if you are interested in Keurig k-cup style coffee, look no further than Evelou or Vertuo Plus Deluxe.