Your presence here shows you like to drink a double shot of Espresso just like me. I am a coffee addict, and I can’t take a single shot of Espresso, as it contains 40 ml coffee and seems insufficient for me. So, I always pour a double shot of Espresso at a time, and even when I go to a cafe, I order double Espresso shots (Doppio).
Have you ever noticed, some people get confused between a Lungo and a double shot of Espresso, thinking both are the same. For some peeps, a double shot means pressing the Espresso button twice while using the same capsule. A ‘double shot of Espresso’ is when you use two different pods and take two different shots for the same cup.
If you are willing to know more about Nespresso machines, read our guide Best Nespresso Machines.
Precautions For Nespresso CitiZ And Milk
We have written a complete guide on Nespresso CitiZ and Milk safety precautions to help you understand how important safety measures are when using the machine. So, don’t forget to read it before operating the machine.
How To Make A Double Shot Of Espresso With Nespresso CitiZ And Milk
Follow the instructions to enjoy a double-shot of delicious Espresso cup.
- Fill the water reservoir with pure water.
- Switch On the machine by pressing any buttons (Espresso or Lungo).
- LED lights will start blinking, it shows the machine is in heating mode.
- Wait until the light stops blinking.
- After 25 sec, pick your favorite pod, lift the lever and insert into the capsule compartment.
- Push the lever to close the machine head.
- Place a large cup under the coffee outlet, as you are about to brew a double shot.
- Press the Espresso button and the machine will start pouring coffee.
- After getting the first shot, as you lift the lever it will drop the capsule into the used capsule container.
- For a second shot: repeat the same process, pick a new pod and insert into the capsule compartment.
- Press again the Espresso button.
- Let the machine run, soon you will get another shot of Espresso.
- At last, lift the lever again to drop the used capsule into the container.
Now enjoy the full-flavored double Espresso or you can simply say doppio..
How To Make A Double Shot of Espresso With Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Guide
There is not a big difference between a single serve of Espresso shot and a double Shot of Espresso. This guide will help you make a double shot of Espresso with Nespresso CitiZ and milk.
Is Lungo A Double Shot?
Some coffee lovers don’t know that Lungo and double shot are two different sizes of coffee. A lungo is about 110 ml (3.7 Oz) whereas a double shot is approximately 80 ml (2.70 Oz). When you pour Espresso twice it is called a double shot or Doppio.
How Do I Change My Nespresso Shot Size?
The drink size of each pod is specific to each capsule type dictated by that special barcode on the pod; there’s Alto, Mug, Gran Lungo, Double Espresso or Espresso. But you can alter this on your machine if you want and the machine will store it as a new saved preference.
The drink size of each capsule is specific to each capsule type, which is marked with a specific barcode on the capsule. There is Alto, Mug, Gran Lungo, Double Espresso or Espresso. But if you want, you can change it on your machine and the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk will save it as a new desirable coffee size.
To change the shot/cup size in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine according to your wish:
- Make sure the water tank is full.
- Turn On the machine by pressing any button.
- The lights will start flashing, wait for it to stabilize.
- Open the machine head to insert the capsule.
- Now press and hold any button until you get the volume you wish to program.
- Release the button when you get your desired amount of coffee.
Can You Pull The Same Espresso Shot Twice?
Can You Pull The Same Size Of Espresso Shot Twice?
Yes, Nespresso has a standard volume of Espresso which is 40 ml (1.35 Oz) of beverage. So every time you make an Espresso with the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk, it will give you the same shot as you are already getting until you change its size.
Is 2 Oz A Double Shot Of Espresso?
Yes, a single shot of Espresso is 1 Oz, about 30 ml, and contains 60-70 mg of caffeine. So a double shot of Espresso produces 2 Oz, a 60 ml drink.
Is A Double Espresso Twice The Volume?
As it is clear from the name, a double Espresso (Doppio) means double in Italian. In a single shot of Espresso you get approximately 30-40 ml (1.01-1.35 Oz) drink while in a double Espresso you get 60-80 ml (2.02-2.70 Oz) drink.
What Is The Difference Between A Double Espresso And A Lungo?
A double shot is taken from 2 different pods. It is about 80 ml (2.75 Oz) drink. It is a highly concentrated drink. While lungo uses a single pod to brew and it contains a 110 ml (3.72 Oz) drink. It is less concentrated due to the large volume of water.
How Do I Know If I Have Espresso Or Lungo?
You can easily identify by the volume. If the Espresso and Lungo is prepared with a Nespresso CItiZ and Milk, it will serve as a 40 ml (1.35 Oz) and 110 ml (3.72 Oz) beverage respectively. But the standard volumes of both drinks are slightly different. Espresso serves 1-3 oz (30-88 ml) and Lungo 3-5 oz (89-148 ml).
How Do You Make A Single And Double Espresso Shot?
To make a single shot from Nespresso CitiZ and Milk:
- Fill the water tank with pure water.
- Turn On the machine by pressing the Espresso or Lungo button.
- Both the buttons blink light for 25 sec.
- Wait until the light stops blinking.
- Lift the lever and insert the capsule into the capsule compartment.
- Push the lever to close the machine head.
- Place a large cup of coffee under the coffee head.
- Press the Espresso button to start pouring coffee.
- Lift the lever, it will drop the capsule into the used capsule container.
To Make A Double Espresso Shot:
- Pick a new pod and insert into the capsule compartment.
- Press the Espresso button again.
- Soon you will have a second shot of Espresso.
- Lift the lever to drop the used capsule into the container.
How Do I Reset My Nespresso Citiz and Milk Cup Size?
To reset cup size in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine:
- Switch Off the machine
- Then press and hold the lungo button for five seconds.
- Both lights will begin to flash three times.
- When it stops flashing, Nespresso will now be reset to the standard volume of 40 ml for Espresso and 110 ml for Lungo.
How Much Caffeine In Nespresso Double Espresso?
One shot of Espresso contains 60-70 mg of caffeine so you can measure, a double shot of Espresso contains 120-140 mg of caffeine.
How Many Shots Of Espresso Does Nespresso Make?
You can get unlimited shots as you want from Nespresso CitiZ and Milk, but you can get a maximum of two shots from the same Nespresso pod.
What Is 2 Shots Of Espresso Called?
The double shots of Espresso are called Doppio which means Double in Italian and it is approximately 80 ml (2.75 Oz) drink. After getting the first shot, remove the old capsule and insert the new one to get a flavorsome coffee drink.
How Long Should It Take To Brew 2 Shots Of Espresso?
If you brew from Nespresso CitiZ and Milk, it will take 20-30 seconds to brew a double shot which is approximately 80 ml (2.75 Oz). If you brew from a VertuoLine machine It takes about 35-52 seconds to prepare the double shots of Espresso.
What Is The Life Expectancy Of A Nespresso Machine?
If you do proper care of the machine, maintain it well and do descaling on time. Your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine will last up to 5-10 years.
Is A Double Shot 2 Or 3 Ounces?
A double shot of Espresso is more than 2 ounces as it is an 80 ml (2.75 ml) drink.
As you guys have seen, how easy it is to make a double shot of Espresso with Nespresso CitiZ and Milk. Hope your misunderstanding regarding double shot is also cleared. You just have to follow the same process as you do to get the first shot. Let’s make a double shot of Espresso and enjoy it.
If you too were misunderstanding the double shot till today, let me enlighten you about How To Use Nespresso CitiZ and Milk for making a Double shot of Espresso. Also, check its reviews on Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Review.
Can You Get 2 Shots Out Of A Nespresso Pod?
Yes, you can get double Espresso shots from the same Nespresso Pod. After getting the first shot, don’t eject the capsule. Press again the Espresso button and the machine will start pouring coffee. But the second shot won’t be the same shot you took before. It will be less intense and less strong in taste.
How Much Espresso Pods Do I Use For 2 Shots?
It all depends on your taste. If you use one pod for two shots of Espresso, the flavor will be lighter and less strong or if you use two different pods for a double shot of Espresso, it will be more flavorful and more intense.
Does Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Make Espresso?
Yes, Nespresso CitiZ and Milk makes Espresso, it can also make Lungo at the touch of a button. You can also get Ristretto, Americano, Double Espresso, or whatever volume you want in your coffee cup. But for other drinks, you have to sacrifice any button (Espresso or Lungo).
Does Nespresso Original Pods Make Double Espresso?
Yes, With Nespresso Original Pods you can make Espresso, Double Espresso, Americano, or any drink. To make a double Espresso, you can either change the capsule after one shot or you can get a double shot from a single-serve capsule.
Can You Make Espresso Shots With Nespresso CitiZ and Milk?
Of course, you can make Espresso shots with Nespresso CitiZ and Milk. Besides Espresso, you can make Lungo drink as well. You will have to set the desired cup size for other drinks like Americano, Ristretto and for Large cups of coffee.
Are Nespresso Pods Single Or Double Shot?
No, Nespresso Pods are single-shot pods. It means a single pod is enough for one shot and if you brew another from a single-serving pod, the second shot will be less intense and less flavorful as you get before.
How Much Espresso Is In A Double Espresso Nespresso?
One shot of Espresso from Nespresso CitiZ and Milk has 40 ml so, in a double Espresso there will be 80 ml drink which is approximately 2.75 Oz.