Are you looking for a large, dark, rich cup of coffee? Then, Lungo is perfect for you.
Lungo is a larger cup size than the traditional Espresso and is best for those who prefer a longer, caffeinated coffee. If you know how to make Espresso, then making Lungo is not a big deal for you.
Related: Best Nespresso Machines
Precautions For Nespresso CitiZ And Milk
When you plan to use the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk , it is important to read the safety precautions before using the machine to avoid any accidents and damage. There is a long list of Nespresso CitiZ and Milk safety precautions that you can read by clicking this link.
Related: Read full precautions of Nespresso CitiZ and Milk
Instructions For Making Lungo With Nespresso CitiZ And Milk
Here is a step-by-step guide on How To Make A Perfect Lungo With Nespresso Citiz And Milk.
- Let’s start the process by filling the water tank with drinking water.
- Turn On Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine by pressing any button (Espresso or Lungo).
- You will see, both lights on the buttons are blinking.
- Now, allow the machine to heat up for 25 sec.
- Once the lights stop blinking, you can proceed to the brewing process.
- Open the lever to insert the coffee pod.
- Push the lever down to close the machine head.
- To accommodate large cups/mugs, you need to lift the cup support.
- Now place your mug under the coffee outlet.
- Press the Lungo (right side) button to start the brewing process.
- Nespresso CitiZ and milk can serve you 110 ml (3.7 Oz) of Lungo at a time.
- If you want to stop the flow, press the same button during the process.
- Once the machine stops brewing, discard the used capsule by lifting the lever.
Finally, enjoy your homemade Lungo. You can create a creamy and rich foam on top of the Lungo by frothing milk in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Aeroccino.
Related: Nespresso Descaling Solution Review →
How To Make Lungo With Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Guide
This guide will help you to make a perfect, strong cup of Lungo using Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. Just follow the instructions.
What’s The Difference Between Espresso And Lungo?
The main difference between Lungo and Espresso is the shot of water used and the taste of coffee. Espresso is about 40 ml, and Lungo is 110 ml (3.7 Oz) so, It takes double the time to make a Lungo than an Espresso. Espresso contains 63 mg of caffeine while Lungo contains 75-90 mg of caffeine. Therefore, Lungo has slightly higher caffeine than Espresso.
How Do You Make A Lungo?
Here are some simple steps to make a Lungo cup:
- Rinse the water tank and fill it with fresh drinking water.
- Switch On the machine by pressing any button.
- Let the machine warm up for 25 sec.
- Lift the lever and insert the coffee pod, then close it.
- Now place a mug under the coffee spout.
- Press the Lungo button to start the brewing process.
It’s time to enjoy your coffee.
Is A Lungo The Same As A Double Shot?
No, you can say Lungo is almost a triple shot of Espresso. As an Espresso contains 40 ml of water and a Lungo contains 110 ml of water, therefore, Lungo is more than a double shot.
How Many Seconds Is A Lungo Shot?
A Lungo is pulled in a longer time than the standard shot of espresso, that’s why it’s called Lungo means “Long.” This shot takes approximately 35-40 sec to serve you a perfect cup of Lungo drink.
What Cup Size Is Lungo?
When it comes to Nespresso Original Line machines, the cup size of Lungo is 3.7 Oz, which is approximately 110 ml of a coffee cup.
Is Lungo The Same As Americano?
Lungo and Americano are totally different beverages, both in volume and brewing style. When you make a long shot, it’s called a Lungo and has more water than other coffees during the brewing process. On the other hand, in Americano we add hot water after pouring coffee into the cup. A serving size for a lungo is 3-4 ounces (88-118 ml), while an Americano is 6-8 ounces (177-236 ml).
How Much Liquid Is In A Lungo?
A standard volume of liquid in a Lungo cup is 90 to 120 milliliters which are 3-4 ounces. You can simply say a standard Lungo cup contains ½ cup of coffee.
Why Is It Called Lungo?
Basically, the word Lungo originated from an Italian word meaning “Long” due to the longer brewing time and increased volume of the coffee.
Is Lungo Like Regular Coffee?
Lungo is a type of Espresso, made with a large amount of water, resulting in a longer extraction time and a stronger flavor than regular coffee.
What Type Of Coffee Is A Lungo?
Lungo is a dark, black coffee that uses more water to brew, resulting in higher volume and less intense flavor.
How Much Should A Lungo Be?
As compared to Espresso, a standard size of Lungo is 90 to 120 milliliters which are 3-4 ounces.
Do You Have Milk With Lungo?
It’s all about your personal preference, you can have lungo with or without milk. Lungo is typically served as black coffee, but some people may prefer to add milk or cream at the top to enhance the taste of their coffee.
Does Nespresso Lungo Have More Caffeine?
The amount of caffeine in Nespresso pods can vary depending on the type of coffee. A Nespresso Lungo Pod contains about 77-85 mg of caffeine. As compared to Lungo, Espresso contains 55-65 mg of caffeine. So, Lungo contains more caffeine than Espresso.
What Strength Is Lungo Coffee?
Lungo is usually weaker in strength than a traditional Espresso shot. The flavor is lighter and less intense, with a slightly longer finish.
Is Lungo The Same As Latte?
No, it sounds like Lungo and Latte are the same drinks due to their names but there is a big difference between the two. A latte is made with Espresso, steamed milk, and frothed milk to give the drink a creamy and rich taste. If you add milk over the Lungo it will taste like a latte.
Is Lungo More Bitter Than Espresso?
Yeah! Lungo is typically more bitter than Espresso. According to my observation, there are several reasons.
- Volume Of Water
Lungo is made with more water, so it is less flavorful than Espresso and feels bitter in taste. However, the bitterness of a Lungo and Espresso can vary if you take equal shots of both of them.
- Time Duration
During making Lungo water comes in contact with coffee grounds 35-40 sec, whereas standard Espresso takes 25-30 to brew. When water comes into contact with coffee grounds for a long time, it extracts bitter compounds from the coffee.
- Amount Of Caffeine
Although Lungo has more water than Espresso, but a Lungo drink has slightly more caffeine than an Espresso.
Is Lungo Coffee Or Espresso?
Lungo is like an Espresso coffee. The difference between Lungo and Espresso is the volume of water and its taste. Lungo is more bitter and less flavorful than Espresso.
Why is lungo bitter?
A Lungo is more bitter than other coffees. The reason is when water stays in contact with coffee grounds for too long, it extracts bitter compounds from the coffee, resulting in a bitter taste.
How Many Ounces Is A Lungo Shot?
The original setting for Lungo in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine is 3.75 ounces, or 110 ml.
Do You Need To Clean Nespresso Citiz And Milk After Every Use?
The answer is very simple, yes! You need to clean the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk after each use, as this will keep your machine in good condition and well-maintained. But if you don’t do so, you can clean it once a day.
There is a complete guide for you to make Lungo easily. You can visit Coffee Aims guide How To Use Nespresso CitiZ and Milk to enjoy different delicious, cafe-style coffees at home. Check out our guide Nespresso Citiz and Milk Review to know about its results.
How Do You Set Lungo On Nespresso Citiz And Milk?
You can set up Longo Drink in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine by following the steps below:
- First, you have to activate the machine, there are two buttons at the top of Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, press any button Espresso or Lungo.
- Lift the lever and insert your favorite coffee capsule into it.
- Close the lever by pushing down.
- Place a cup under the coffee spout
- Now press the Lungo button which is the right one.
Congo! You have set up the Lungo in a Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine.
Which Button Is Lungo In Nespresso Citiz And Milk?
There are two buttons at the top of Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. The right one is the Lungo button.
How Much Milk Do You Add To Lungo?
Basically, lungo is served without milk. But if you want to add milk to your drink, it all depends on your taste, how much milk do you want to add to your Lungo? The average volume of milk for 110 ml Lungo is 20 ml.
How To Make A Lungo Coffee?
There are a few things you need to make a lungo coffee.
- Nespresso CitiZ machine.
- Nespresso coffee pod.
- 3-4 Oz fresh water.
Let’s see the next process:
- Fill the water tank with freshwater.
- Turn On the machine by pressing any button.
- The machine will take approximately 25 sec to heat up.
- Open the machine head, and drop your favorite coffee capsule into it.
- Push the lever to close the machine head.
- Place a glass or mug on the cup support.
- Now, press the lungo button to start the brewing process.
Wow! Let’s enjoy the rich flavor with bitter and sweet notes of Lungo coffee.
How Do I Choose A Nespresso Citiz And Milk Cup Size?
To set the Nespresso CitiZ and milk cup size you can:
- Open the machine head by lifting up the lever.
- Insert your desired coffee pod in it.
- Close the machine head by pushing the lever down.
- Press any button, then lights will start blinking.
- Wait for a few seconds. Your machine will take approximately 25 sec to heat up.
- Steady lights show that machine is ready.
- Now, press and hold the button until you get your desired volume of coffee.
Once you set the cup size, the machine will prepare your pre-programmed volume of coffee for the next time, and it will stop at that size.
How Do You Serve Nespresso Citiz And Milk Lungo?
I will share how you can make and serve Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Lungo in several ways:
- You can serve just a black Lungo coffee cup.
- You can add sugar and cardamom to taste.
- Or, Once the Lungo is ready, pour it into a tall cup and add milk to create a creamy and rich foam on top of the Lungo.
All the choice is yours!
How Do I Reset My Nespresso Citiz And Milk?
For resetting Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you can follow the mention below steps:
- Turn off the machine.
- For 5 sec. press and hold down the Lungo button.
- The lights will blink fast 3 times as it gives a signal your machine has been reset to factory setting.
- The lights will blink until it is ready to brew. ( LEDs will then continue to blink normally, as they are heating up, until ready.)
- Steady lights show that you have done factory reset.