Are you experiencing problems while brewing coffee with your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine or want to get back to the old factory setting? A resetting is an easy solution.
What happened? you don’t have the manual. This is not a big problem either, we have solved your issue by presenting this guide “How To Reset The Nespresso Citiz and Milk To Factory Settings“. Let’s move on without further delay.
If you want to buy another Nespresso machine, check out the Best Nespresso Machines to analyze which machine suits your mood
Related: Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Safety Precautions.
How To Reset The Nespresso Citiz and Milk To Factory Settings
It is very pretty easy To Reset The Nespresso Citiz and Milk To Factory Settings, come on, let’s see:
For resetting Nespresso CitiZ and Milk to factory setting you may follow:
- First make sure, whether your machine is off. If not, switch off the machine by pressing Espresso and Lungo buttons together.
- To activate the machine in reset mode, press the Lungo button and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Both lights on the buttons (Espresso and Lungo) will blink fast 3 times.
- When the light starts blinking normally for approximately 25 sec, it is a signal that your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine is heating up.
- When the light on the button stops blinking and stays on (lights up), it means you’ve successfully reset Nespresso CitiZ and Milk to factory settings.
Video On How To Reset The Nespresso Citiz and Milk To Factory Settings
Factory Setting On Nespresso Citiz And Milk Guide
This guide will help you to set the coffee volume back to its factory volume or default setting (Espresso 40 ml and Lungo 110 ml) as it was before.
How Do I Change The Coffee Size On My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
If you are willing to change the coffee size on Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you can do it easily by the following way:
- Fill the water tank.
- Switch On the machine.
- Lights will start flashing.
- Wait for the buttons to stop flashing, indicating the machine is ready for use.
- Open the machine head, place a capsule, then close it.
- Press and hold the button for which you wish to program a new volume.
- Release the button when you get your desired amount of coffee.
- A new volume is now set on your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine.
What Happens If My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Stops Working?
Unexpectedly or accidentally, if your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine stops working you will not be able to enjoy coffee anymore until and unless you resolve what the error persists. Try to fix it yourself or have a technician or contact Nespresso Club.
Should I Unplug My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
Yes, you should unplug your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine if you do not plan to use it for a long time. But if you’re taking a short break, it’s not necessary to unplug it.
Note: From a safety point of view, it is always best to unplug the machine when you leave your premises.
How Do I Know If My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Is In Descaling Mode?
It is quite easy to understand the activation of the descaling mode in the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine. Come On:
- Switch On the machine.
- Press the Espresso and Lungo buttons together.
- The LED lights will start flashing.
Blinking lights is a sign that your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine has now entered in descaling mode.
How Do You Fix A Blocked Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
You can solve the blockage problem in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine by descaling process.
- Buy a Nespresso Descaling solution or descaling capsule.
- Add 1 liter water to the water tank with a Nespresso Descaling solution.
- Activate the machine.
- Start the descaling process by pressing the Lungo button.
- Once the reservoir is empty, refill it with a used descaling solution.
- Run the cycle 3 times.
- In the end, rinse the machine with fresh water.
Read the complete descaling procedure by clicking the link below.
How Do I Get Rid Of The Orange Flashing Light On My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
When Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine flashing Orange light in most cases:
- You did not clean your machine after making coffee.
- Your machine needs to be descaled.
- Used capsule container is full.
- Water tank is out of water.
- Nespresso CitiZ and Milk has become overheated.
How Do I Get My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Out Of Descaling Mode?
After completing the descaling process in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you can get out of descaling mode by pressing the Espresso and Lungo button together.
How Do I Reset My Nespresso Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine To Default?
You can set water volume setting in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine by following steps:
- Turn off the machine.
- Press and hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- When the lights on the LED will blink 3 times rapidly, this confirms that the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine has been reset to default/factory settings.
Do Nespresso Machines Need Maintenance?
If you want to enjoy the full taste of coffee for a long time, take good care of your machine by proper cleaning, timely descaling and with protection from water splashes.
Why Is My Nespresso Machine Still Blinking After Descaling?
If the lights are still blinking in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk after descaling, it happens when there are left residuals of descaling chemicals inside the machine. Now you will need to flush your water tank and run a cleaning cycle to wash the inside of the machine.
Related: Nespresso Descaling Solution Review →
Surely, this guide has helped you understand How To Reset The Nespresso Citiz and Milk To Factory Settings. Hopefully, this guide will come in handy to reset your machine to factory settings if you ever change its volume.
You can check our guide How to use Nespresso CitiZ and Milk. Also check its reviews, Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Review.
How Do You Recalibrate A Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
You can recalibrate the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Machine by following these steps:
- Fill the water reservoir.
- Insert a plug into the socket.
- Open the machine head, insert the capsule and then close it.
- Press and hold any button (Espresso/Lungo) until or unless it reaches the volume as you want to level in your cup.
How Do I Get My Nespresso Out Of Special Function Mode?
You can exit special function mode by following these steps:
- Switch Off the machine by pressing the Espresso and Lungo button together.
- After turning it Off, press and hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- The lights on the buttons will blink rapidly 3 times.
- When the lights blink normally, this is an indication that your machine has heated.
- Steady lights indicate that you have exited special function mode.
Why Is My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Not Working?
If your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine is not working there could be some of the following reasons:
- The coffee pod is not positioned properly in the capsule compartment. So, open the lever and place it again in the right position.
- Check whether the lever is properly locked or not. Otherwise, lift the lever and lock it back.
- There is low water in the water tank or is empty. Fill it out again.
- Your machine has mineral build-up, it’s time to descale it.
Why Is My Nespresso Machine Not Frothing The Milk?
If your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk frother, not frothing milk:
- First of all, see that the Aeroccino is placed properly on the base.
- Also, check that the cord is fully inserted into the socket.
- There may be milk residue inside the Aeroccino whisk.
What Does It Mean When My Nespresso Milk Frother Flashes?
If your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk frother flashes light, try these effective methods to solve the issue:
- When you use the Aeroccino continuously, the thermostat heats up. In case,you need to froth again, wait a little longer or rinse the lid and wipe the jug to cool.
- Sometimes there is milk residue in the Aeroccino jug or inside the whisk, causing the machine to heat up quickly and the light to flash. Clean the inside of the jug thoroughly in order to maintain its work.
- When the whisk is removed, loosened, or missed, it blinks red light. In case, check there is a whisk inside the Jug and it is properly set.
- Milk has not been poured according to the requirement, adjust the milk level by adding milk to the need.