Are you going on vacation? sending your machine to a mechanic for repair, or not planning to use it for a month? This guide is all you need, because you have to shift the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk to emptying mode. Don’t know how I am here my dear. I will guide you in detail just scroll down.
Looking for a machine belongs to the Nespresso family, great! Check Best Nespresso Machines.
Step-By-Step Guide How To Shift Nespresso CitiZ And Milk To Emptying Mode
Follow the steps below so that you can easily shift the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine into emptying mode without a hitch.
NOTE: Nespresso CitiZ and milk will be blocked for 10 minutes after activating emptying mode. If you want to use it again, use it after 10 minutes.
- To activate the emptying mode, make sure your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine is switched Off. If not, press both the Espresso and Lungo buttons at the same time.
- Detach the water tank.
- Lift the lever to open the machine head.
- For 3 seconds, press both the Espresso and Lungo buttons together.
- Lights in the buttons will start blinking alternatively.
- Push down the lever to close the machine head.
- Nespresso CitiZ and Milk will automatically switch off.
- Now you can clean all the detachable parts such as the used capsule container, drip tray, and water tank, etc.
Video On How To Shift Nespresso CitiZ And Milk To Emptying Mode
Shifting Nespresso Citiz And Milk To Emptying Mode Guide
To further address your questions regarding the Emptying Mode of Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you can go through our guide below.
How Do I Reset My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk?
If you want to reset Your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Machine follow the instructions below:
- Turn off the machine.
- Press and hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- LEDs blink rapidly 3 times.
- The LEDs will blink normally until the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk warms up.
- When the lights become steady, it shows that your machine has been reset to factory settings.
How Do You Run A Cleaning Cycle In Nespresso CitiZ And Milk?
To run a cleaning cycle in Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine follow this method:
- Rinse the water reservoir then fill it with fresh drinking water.
- Place it back in its place.
- Now rotate the cup support upwards and then place a bowl of 1 liter (1000 ml) or more under the coffee spout.
- Plug in the machine to the mains.
- Turn on the machine by pushing either the Espresso or Lungo button.
- Lights on the button will blink when the machine warms up.
- Press the Lungo button to rinse the machine.
- Discard the water collected in the bowl.
- Repeat the rinsing cycle 3 times.
- You have completed the cleaning process, now your Nespresso CitiZ and Milk is ready to use.
Does Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Have Off Switch?
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine does not actually have a power off button, to switch off the machine press both the Espresso and Lungo buttons together.
Can You Run a Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine Without a Pod?
Yes, when you are cleaning or descaling Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you run it without inserting a pod.
Why Is My Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Not Dispensing Water?
When you use the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine after such a long period of time, air gets trapped in the pipe, which stops the water from flowing to the faucet. It also happens when the tank runs out of water, or you run the machine without water. Another reason is that your machine needs to be descaled.
Can I Get Just Hot Water Out Of My Nespresso CitiZ and Milk?
Yes, you can only get hot water from Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machines. Eject the coffee pod if any, then press any button (Espresso or Lungo). The Nespresso CitiZ and a Milk machine will then start serving hot water.
Related: Nespresso Descaling Solution Review →
It’s understandable you were worried about your machine but now your issue has been resolved. In this article, you came to know How To Shift Nespresso CitiZ and Milk To Emptying Mode. Even if you don’t intend to use your machine anymore, you can activate the emptying mode.
You may also like our article: How To Use Nespresso CitiZ and Milk. Also read its reviews at Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Review & its Safety Precaution
How Do You Run An Empty Cycle On A Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
To run an empty cycle on a Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you have to follow these steps:
- Switch off the machine.
- Open the machine head by lifting the lever.
- Press both Espresso and Lungo buttons together for 3 seconds.
- Lights start blinking alternately.
- Close the machine head.
- Your machine will start cleaning water from it.
- After the emptying process is finished, the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk will be blocked for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, you can use your machine again to make coffee.
How Do I Get My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Out Of Special Function Mode?
To get the Nespresso CitiZ and milk out of a special function mode:
- Power Off the machine.
- Press and hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- Lights will quickly blink three times.
- When light blinks normally, that’s a sign your machine is heating up.
- Lights are stable, well done, you are out of special function mode.
How Do I Change The Settings On My Nespresso CitiZ And Milk Machine?
If you want to change the setting on Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine, you can do it easily:
- Fill the water reservoir.
- Turn On the machine.
- Lights on the buttons will start flashing.
- Wait for the buttons to stop flashing, it signals that Nespresso is ready for use.
- Open the machine head, place a coffee pod then close it.
- Press and hold the button in which you wish to set a new volume.
- Release the button when Nespresso citiZ and Milk serves your desired volume of coffee.
- You have successfully changed the volume setting on the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk machine.