WARNING: This sign signifies an alarming situation; seek safety to avoid serious injury or death.
CAUTION: Signifies dangerous situations; take safety measures to avoid serious calamities.
INFORMATION: This sign informs you to read the user manual to know the correct use of Nespresso Vertuo Next
If you want to know all the Nespresso Vertuo Next-related Safety Precautions, then we warmly welcome you here. You will be able to acquire everything you want to know to protect yourself and your loved ones.
“Your life is at its peak of ending when you play with electronics and neglect safety precautions. And we truly don’t want to see you facing such life-threatening calamities. We are here to acknowledge you regarding the Safety Precautions you must take before and while using Nespresso Vertuo Next”.
Nespresso Vertuo Next Cautions
Working with Nespresso Vertuo Next is not a tough science, but there are certain things you should be careful of to keep yourself and your family in safe & sound condition. Here are the precautions related while handling the brewer.
- You should avoid placing the brewer around water or humidity, as water and electricity will cause severe damage not only to your brewer but also to you.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces when the brewer is on or in working condition, as it will cause scalding.
- If your brewer’s cord is damaged, prevent using the machine, and don’t let anyone use it.
- You should not insert your finger in the capsule compartment.
- If you want to remove parts of the brewer, let it cool down first.
- You should refrain from using forbidden or sharp tools for cleaning.
- You must go through the instructions given by the manufacturer before using Nespresso Vertuo Next to avoid any forbidden work.
- You should not use accessories that the manufacturer doesn’t recommend.
- You should keep the brewer away from long sun exposure.
- You should only use the machine for brewing beverages.
- When you open the machine packaging, you will see a User Manual in which, besides instructions, safety precautions are also there, so read them too to let yourself know what the manufacturer is saying.
- You can use Nespresso Vertuo Next in your households, kitchen, offices, staff kitchens, farmhouses, apartments, etc.
- When you are connecting the brewer, first attach the plug to the brewer and then the cord to the power source.
- You should avoid using it outside, especially when the environment is harsh, as Nespresso Vertuo Next is not built for outdoor use.
- You should avoid touching the brewer or brewer’s cors with wet hands.
Safety Precautions around Children
Children are precious, and they don’t have many responsibilities to take care of themselves; this is where your work comes in. It is your duty to keep your precious pearl safe and sound. Here are the safety precautions around children
- You should keep the brewer, power cord, and capsule holder out of children’s reach.
- If you are not using your brewer, then turn it off.
- If you have a child or sibling of age 8 and more than 8 yrs, and they want to brew, then let them do it, but you must supervise them throughout the brewing process.
- You should be the one to descale and clean the brewer.
- Don’t let children play around the brewer; if they do, keep an eye on them and do not let them get close to the brewer, especially when the brewer is working.
- You must not let the children play with the brewer as it is not some toy.
Electric & Fire Shock Avoidance
Electricity is one of the major reasons for the fire outage. So, keep your eyes on any damaged cord to avoid electric sparks. Here are the safety precautions.
- If you see any electric spark in the outlet, wire, or machine, rapidly unplug the cord from the power source to spot further risks.
- You should not place Nespresso Vertuo Next beside hot places like a stove or oven, as the heat will melt the brewer’s body and affect its internal parts.
- You should keep your brewer on smooth and even surfaces.
- You should always remember to turn off the brewer before cleaning it.
- You should avoid putting any unusual and forbidden things in the brewer.
- You should never put any brewer’s part in the dishwasher unless the manufacturer recommended some parts as dishwasher safe.
- You should avoid opening the brewer when it is in working condition.
- You should only plug the brewer’s cord into steady current sockets.
- The power source must have a steady voltage, as any sudden increase or decrease in voltage can harm the brewer and cause a severe spark.
Safety Precautions While Operating the Nespresso Vertuo Next
It is important for you to keep on good terms with your brewer, especially when it is working. You should also take safety measures during the brewing process to keep the brewer in good shape. Here are the safety precautions you must follow
- Do not forcibly open the machine when it’s brewing.
- If you are not using your brewer for a while, then clean & dry it thoroughly first before setting it aside.
- During processing, you must keep the lever close to avoid any scalding.
- You should avoid using steam or pressure cleaners to clean your brewer.
- You should often change the water in the tank when you last used the brewer a while ago.
- You should always use fresh and luke water for refilling the water tank.
- If you hear a strange noise from your brewer or see smoke coming out of it while brewing, immediately turn off the brewer and let it be checked by contacting Nespresso Club.
- Before brewing, you should always remember to place a mug or cup on the drip tray.
- You should not put your finger under the coffee outlet or capsule compartment.
- You should not use strong cleaning agents and use only mild or less acidic cleaning agents.
Cord related Precautions
The cord is a significant part of the brewer and must be preserved at all costs. It should not get damaged easily because a damaged wire is very harmful and can cause an electric spark, which further leads to fire. Here are the cord-related precautions you should follow.
- You should not use the brewer if there is any sort of damage to the cord.
- If you want to disconnect your brewer, first plug off the cord by pulling the adapter; i.e., do not pull off by pulling only by the cord.
- You should not unplug the brewer with wet hands.
- You must keep the cord away from heat or humidity. You should not let heat and humidity near the cord.
- Do not let the brewer’s cord hang over honed or sharp edges.
A great way to extend the brewer’s cord length according to your satisfactory length is only possible by using an Extension cord. But before using it, the following are the things to remember.
- You should use an earthed extension type 3-wire cord.
- The extension cord you will use must have an electrical rating as great as the electrical rating of the machine
- You should first attach the cord to the machine, then plug in the power socket.
- When you want to disconnect, turn off the power source and remove the plugs.
- The conductor cord cross-sectional area must be 1.3 mm2 or 16 AWG with matching power input.
Short cord related Precautions
Short cords are also there in case the provided brewer’s cord is more than enough for you. There are also certain precautionary things related to short cords.
- You should use a grounded electrical power supply or a short cord
- If you want to avoid entangling wire or there is a risk of tripping through longer cords, then use short cords
Nespresso Vertuo Next Descaling Precautions
Descaling is a great way to keep your brewer in good health. In descaling, following safety precautions should be kept in mind.
- You should follow the procedure and guidelines regarding descaling
- You should use the Nespresso descaling Kit for descaling Nespresso Vertuo Next
- Descaling solution harms you, so you should not keep it close to your eyes or sensitive areas like a wound.
How Do You Take Care Of A Nespresso Vertuo Machine?
Taking care of your Nespresso brewer is crucial for its good health; here are the following things through which you can take care of your brewer nicely;
- Timely descale your brewer.
- Avoid physical harm like falling off a machine or striking with hard material.
- Clean your brewer after every 3 months or after 600 uses.
- Follow safety precautions.
- Follow instructions or guidance provided by the manufacturer.
- Use mild acidic cleaning agent for outside cleaning
- Keep your brewer dry.
- Do not use forbidden cleaning tools that may harm your brewer.
- Avoid heat and harsh temperature conditions on your brewer.
Is Nespresso Vertuo Bpa Free?
Yes, Nespresso Vertuo is Bpa or bisphenol A free. However, a small amount of Bpa is present in the capsule used for brewing delicious coffees.
How Often Should You Clean Your Nespresso Next Machine?
If we talk about outer cleaning, it is good to clean the outer covering, drip tray, water tank, and used capsule container every time you use your Nespresso machines. For internal cleaning like descaling, it would be advisable to descale your brewer twice a year.
Why Is Nespresso Vertuo Next Blinking Orange?
If your Nespresso Vertuo Next is showing Orange lights, it means either the machine needs descaling or its capsule container is filled and must be empty.