Nespresso coffee maker can become a dangerous piece of equipment if you do not use it according to the instructions or guidance given by the company. There are some important points about Nespresso U Safety Precautions, you should take into consideration when using your machine.
Safety precautions are part and parcel of the machine. So, read them carefully before operating the Nespresso machine for the first time. Put it in a place where you and others can easily find it later.
This is an alarming sign. So please take note, when you see this sign, use your appliance safely to avoid any possible damage and danger.
Do not use alkaline cleaning agents for cleaning. To prevent any damage use a soft cloth and mild detergent for cleaning the Nespresso machine.
Do Not Expose In Sunlight.
- Nespresso U is designed specifically for indoor brewing only, you can use it in hotels, motels, staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments. So do not use Nespresso for anything else.
- Neither expose Nespresso U in direct sunlight nor use it for commercial purposes.
- Protect the machine from prolonged water splash and humidity.
Keep Away From Children.
- Do not hand over the machine to a person with reduced physical or mental capabilities, or whose experience or knowledge is not sufficient for operating the Nespresso machine.
- Keep away from children under 8 years of age.
- If you are handing over the machine to a child who is at least 8 years of age, he/she must be properly guided and use appliance under the supervision of an instructor.
Don’t Misappropriate The Nespresso U
- The manufacturer accepts no responsibility and warranty if you do not operate the machine according to the instructions given by the company such as using it for commercial purposes , inappropriate handling of the machine, faulty operation etc.
- Do not entrust the Nespresso to a non-professional person if the machine needs to be repaired.
Avoid Risk Of Electrocution
- Before inserting the plug into the socket, check the mains and ensure that the voltage of the power source is available as specified in the manual.
- Plug the device into a proper, easily accessible connection.
- In case of fire remove the plug from the socket immediately.
Proper Connection Of Device
- Cord plays an important role; without it you can’t connect the device to the switch. If there is any problem with the appliance wiring, it will become a circuit problem. So, always take care of your Nespresso cord: don’t hang down or pull it over the sharp edges.
- Do not open the device or use it if the cord gets damaged. If a fault occurs and the cord becomes loose, replace a damaged cord by the manufacturer or return the appliance to Nespresso Club.
- If you need a new cord and you are a machinist, use only a ground cord with a conductor cross-section of at least 1.5 mm^2 or with a matching input power to avoid high voltages on equipment. Spikes can be prevented from appearing.
- When you do not intend to brew coffee for a long time, disconnect Nespresso from the mains.
- Always keep the device on a level surface and away from hot surfaces such as radiators, stoves, ovens, gas burners, open flames, and liquids such as water, coffee or similar.
- Remember to unplug Nespresso from the mains and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
- Neither put Nespresso parts in the dishwasher nor immerse them in water or any other liquid.
- Do not put anything into any opening as there is a risk of fire or electric shock.
- Never touch the machine with wet hands, you may get an electric shock.
Avoiding Possible Harm When Run The Machine
- Be careful when operating the machine to avoid any damage.
- Disconnect the Nespresso from the mains if you do not want to use it for a long time.
- If your Nespresso machine is not running properly, unplug it from the socket and contact the Nespresso Club.
- Don’t use Nespresso if it gets damaged, it can cause electrical shocks, burns and fire.
- Always close the slider completely and never open it during operation. It can cause scalding.
- Do not insert your fingers into the coffee outlet and capsule compartment, It can hurt your fingers.
- If a capsule gets stuck in the capsule compartment, turn off the machine and unplug it before operation.
- Always fill the water tank with fresh drinking water. Avoid using tap water.
- Drain water from the water tank if not intended to be used for a long period of time.
- Use a soft cloth and mild detergent for cleaning the Nespresso machine to prevent any damage.
- Do not use a Nespresso coffee machine without a drip tray or drip grid. It can create a mess on your countertop.
- Nespresso quality is only guaranteed when Nespresso capsules are used in Nespresso appliances. Always use Nespresso coffee capsules for your coffee which are available exclusively at the Nespresso Club or Nespresso authorized representatives.
Nespresso U Safety Precautions Summary
- Do not expose the machine in direct sunlight.
- Don’t use it for commercial purposes.
- Never try to open your machine at home.
- Keep away from children under 8 years of age.
- Don’t misappropriate the Nespresso U.
- Avoid the risk of electric shock by direct contact of the machine with water.
- Properly connect the device from the mains.
- Don’t try to open the slider during operation.
- Let the Nespresso cool down before cleaning.
- For cleaning the Nespresso machine use a soft cloth and mild detergent.
Do Nespresso pods contain BPA?
Nespresso machines are certified BPA-free. Further, Nespresso claims that all the roast and ground coffee inside the Nespresso pods are BPA-free.
How do I use my Nespresso U?
You can use your Nespresso U in a very easy manner if you follow these steps:
- Place your machine on a flat surface.
- Plug it into the mains.
- Now, rinse the water tank and fill it with fresh water.
- Place the water reservoir in its position
- Put the cup under the coffee outlet.
- Switch on the machine by pushing the slider back.
- It will take 25 minutes to warm up.
- Now press your desired coffee volume: Ristretto, Espresso Or Lungo.
- Insert the coffee pod and close the slider.
- Nespresso U will start brewing coffee.
That’s simple, Enjoy your drink!
Do Nespresso pods have additives?
No, Nespresso pods are 100% natural and there are no additives added in the Nespresso pods.
Is there aluminum in Nespresso coffee?
Yes, Nespresso used aluminum as a safe shield for the coffee, as it retains the aroma and taste of the coffee. According to the environmental aspect, it is recyclable, so it is not harmful to the environment.