Caution: The caution sign is there to reduce the possible harm and damage and to follow the Safety Precautions.
Information: The information sign assists you in remembering to correctly and safely use your Nespresso Citiz.
Glad to see you here, Fellows!
Self-made coffee using Coffee machines is a great way to recharge yourself. It even connects you to your loved ones as a coffee machine, as Nespresso Citiz allows you to instantly make as many coffee cups as you want. However, coffee-making is a separate deal, and so do the safety precautions.
A safety bubble zone must be there when you are tackling with Nespresso Citiz coffee machine. And that’s exactly I am here to illuminate how you can make that Safety bubble zone for securing your and your loved ones’ precious lives.
Nespresso Citiz Precautions
You should always go through the safety precautions; Nespresso provides you with. Nespresso Citiz safety precautions are given below, through which you can know all the possible things you don’t know can lead to injury if not kept in check.
Avoid risks of fatal electric shock and fire
Electric shocks are the main source of fire which in no time can embed its serious effects. To avoid such calamity, following things you should always keep in mind before using Nespresso Citiz.
- You should not let your brewer close to hot places like an oven, stove, open fire, etc.
- The voltage of the plug socket should be steady. Variable voltage can cause a spark which, if not controlled, leads to a fire.
- You should always remember to turn off the brewer first, then cleans it.
- If you see any spark when the machine is on or in the brewing process, immediately unplug the cord to avoid fire.
- You should only go for steady current sockets for the brewer.
- You should never place your brewer on rough places. Place it on bump-free and smooth surfaces.
- You must not place the brewer and its parts in the dishwasher unless they are dishwasher safe.
- You should not open the brewer when the brewing process is going on.
- You should not insert water in the brewer’s opening. You are only allowed to put water in the water tank.
Cord related Precautions
The Nespresso Citiz cord is one of the essential parts of the brewer, and its care should be taken. Any harm to the cord can lead to the brewer’s functionality. Here are the following precautions you should keep in check.
- You must unplug the cord by holding the cord adapter. Do not pull the cord to unplug.
- When the brewer is not in a working state, unplug the cord.
- You should not touch the brewer’s cord when your hands are wet. Dry them first, then touch the cord for unplugging or plugging
- You should avoid using a damaged cord.
- You should avoid keeping the cord near heat or water.
- You should not keep your brewer’s cord hanging over sharp edges.
An extension cord is the best method when your brewer’s cord is not reaching the power source. But there are things you should know when buying an extension cord for your Nespresso Citiz.
- You should only buy and use an Earthed Extension cord for your brewer.
- The cross-sectional area of the extensional cord must be at least 1.5 mm2 with matching power input.
Precautions while Operating the Nespresso Citiz
There are also safety measures when you are brewing coffee using Nespresso Citiz. So look at them too, as they are beneficial for your safety.
- You should always put a mug/cup according to the beverage on the drip tray before brewing to avoid spillage.
- You should keep changing the water in the tank, especially when you seldom use your brewer.
- Immediately turn off your brewer on hearing any unusual voice or smoke smell from the brewer.
- You should close the brewer’s lever, especially during brewing, to prevent scalding.
- You should not insert your finger in a coffee outlet or capsule compartment, especially when the coffee is brewing.
- If you are not using the brewer for quite some time and decide to keep it somewhere safe, then remember to clean and dry the Water tank and drip tray before setting it aside. It will prevent molding.
- You should use luke water for water tank filling.
- You must not use the brewer when the drip tray and drip grid are not in place. As the brewed coffee is hot and any spillage can cause scalding.
- If you want to keep your brewer checked and solve any major issues, then contact Nespresso Club.
- You should not use strong cleaning agents. Rather go for mild or less acidic cleaning agents.
- You should be vigilant around the brewer when the brewing process is going on to avoid any mishap or injury.
- If you don’t want your brewer harmed, do not use a deformed or damaged capsule. A damaged or deformed capsule can cause the water to leak and flow in the capsule area, which can internally affect machine parts.
How do you take care of your Nespresso CitiZ machine?
Taking care of your Nespresso Citiz will surely make you happy, and you can brew many coffee cups from it. Here are the following things through which you can take care of your brewer;
- Descale your brewer from time to time.
- Prevent your brewer from falling or hard striking by something.
- Go through safety precautions before using the machine.
- Before making any beverage, read the instructions given by the manufacturer.
- Keep your brewer dry.
- Do not use tools that the manufacturer does not approve.
- Keep your brewer away from heat and harsh conditions.
Can a Nespresso CitiZ machine get too hot?
Nespresso Citiz generally does not get too hot; however, if you have not descaled or cleaned your brewer for quite some time can surely increase the brewer temperature to the average temperature. If your brewer becomes too hot, immediately turn it off.
How do you clean a Nespresso Citiz machine?
If you want to clean your Nespresso Citiz, which is a good thing, then here are the steps to clean the inside of the Nespresso Citiz.
- Descaling; Cleans the internal water pipes and water streaming channels, which would take a lot of work to clean manually through tools.
- For reservoir cleaning, remove the tank from the machine, rinse it with dish soap, and clean it with clear water.
- Remove the capsule and wash the capsule container with dish soap and water for capsule cleaning.
How often does a Nespresso machine need descaling?
It would be good to descale your brewer after 600th use or 3 months. Descaling also depends upon the water hardness and the type of beverages you are making with it. If you use hard water and beverages like Americano, descaling would be done sooner than the preferable time for unchangeable coffee quality and quality.