I start my morning with a perfect coffee cup, grind my whole beans and brew authentic coffee at home. My amazing experience has been with Breville Bambino. After a few years of use, I replaced it with its premium model, i.e., Breville Bambino Plus. Its advanced features and automatic milk frothing system enhanced my experience.
Unfortunately, my Breville Bambino Plus broke down, and my job started. Now I was busy and looking for a coffee maker that would instantly make coffee. One of my friends suggested French Press — Aeropress, —- Percolators, —- drip coffee makers, —- Grind & Brew coffee makers, but their espresso quality was not good. Another friend advised instant coffee packets and single-serve coffee bags like tea bags. But these things are best for office use only.
When I started to search for things, I had three options: Keurig coffee makers, Nespresso OriginalLine machines, and VertuoLine machines. After comparison, I decided to choose one of the VertuoLine machines, i.e., VertuoPlus Deluxe, as it brews coffee and espresso. It lacks a milk frother, and I am fond of latte, cappuccino, etc., so I bought a standalone one-touch aeroccino frother. My experience with this machine was spectacular; it delivered me a wide variety of beverages (Espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee (7.8 oz), and alto (14 oz)) with a touch of a button. Its features and settings urged me to write a review on it.
Here is a complete description of my experience with this machine.
With an extra large 60 oz water reservoir and sleek design, VertuoPlus Deluxe delivers coffee and espresso beverages (0.3 to 17 oz) in the comfort of your home. It is easy to use and clean; it is also equipped with all the features and settings you could want in a pod espresso and coffee maker.
Features And Specification Of VertuoPlus Deluxe
|Dimensions||8.7″W x 12.8″D x 13.2″H|
|Colors||Black, Titan, Silver, Matte Black|
|Cup Sizes||Espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee (7.8 oz), and alto (14 oz) capsules programmable from 0.3-17 oz|
|External Material||ABS plastic|
|Water Reservoir||60 oz|
|Rotating water tank||Yes|
|Pressure||No pump extraction, use centrifusion technology|
|Spent Capsules||10 capsules|
|US/CA Partners||Breville, DeLonghi|
|UK Partners||Krups, Magimix|
|Other Features||Auto-Off after 9 minutes, 20-second ready to brew time, removable drip tray with 4 position settings (plus removed) for various cup sizes, programmable water hardness|
Related: How to Use A Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe
Pros And Cons Of VertuoPlus Deluxe
|Brews a wide range of high-quality beverages up to 17 oz||The crema is airier than the OriginalLine machine|
|Large adjustable and removable 60 oz water reservoir||Coffee is not too hot|
|Sturdy internal construction prevents it from breakage||Use only expensive Vertuo capsules|
|Adjustable water tank position, to optimize kitchen countertop space.||—-|
|The precision brewing system automatically adjusts the brewing settings to each capsule for a consistent in-cup result|
|Simple, compact, and sleek design||—-|
Espresso Machine Vs. Coffee Machine
Espresso machines pass hot water through uniform coffee grounds. They use powerful 15-19 bar pressure pumps, standard temperature, and high speed to extract balanced espresso shots within 25-30 seconds. They use dark, light, or medium roasted beans and make 2-ounce shots having a strong taste and color. Espresso machines can be of two types:
- Work with pods to extract great espresso shots; including Nespresso espresso machines and Keurig Espresso machines
- Grind whole coffee beans and pull desired shots; It includes Breville, DeLonghi, and Jura Espresso machines
Coffee machines pass hot water through coffee grounds (either fine or coarse) and filters. They make acidic and bright coffee beverages in 5 oz cups to 60 oz carafes. The brewing process takes 2-30 minutes. Coffee machines can be of two types;
- Work with pods to brew coffee; It includes the Nespresso VertuoLine machines; VertuoPlus, VertuoPlus Deluxe, etc.
- Some coffee machines grind whole coffee beans and use pre-ground coffee; It includes Drip coffee machines, French Press, — AeroPress, — Moka Pot, Percolators, and grind and brew coffee makers.
What Is The Difference Between Espresso And Coffee?
The main difference between coffee and espresso is the brewing method.
Coffee: In coffee preparation, coffee grounds (coarse or fine) are evenly spread in the filter, and the machine brews them. The machine passes hot water through filters and grounds.
Espresso: In preparation, the brewer passes hot water through fine coffee grounds and delivers a concentrated shot.
The other notable differences between coffee and espresso are as follows;
- Coffee has 80 to 185 mg caffeine content in 8 oz cups, while espresso has 40-75 mg caffeine in 1 oz shot.
- Coffee types include; drip coffee and filter coffee, while espresso can be without milk or milk-based (latte, macchiato, cappuccino, etc.) or water-based (Americano, etc.).
- Coffee serving is 5 oz cups to 60 oz carafe, while espresso serving is 1-2 oz.
- Coffee brewing time is 6-12 minutes, while espresso takes only 20-30 seconds.
Related: Nespresso Descaling Solution Review →
Nespresso Vertuoplus Deluxe Overview
Nespresso offers two lines of machines; OriginalLine and VertuoLine.
OriginalLine Machines: These machines extract perfect flavor and premium aroma from coffee capsules via a powerful 19-bar pressure pump.
VertuoLine machines use the Centrifusion technique, scan the capsule’s barcode, and vigorously run the capsule at 7000 RPM to extract the authentic flavor. It also brews coffee up to 17 oz.
OriginalLine machines are better than VertuoLine machines because;
- They use inexpensive 3rd party capsules, while VertuoLine machines use expensive Vertuo Pods.
- Deliver hotter coffee than VertuoLine machines.
- Brew authentic espresso cups with perfect crema while VertuoLine machines deliver espresso with airy crema.
Besides these, Vertuo-Line espresso coffee makers are worthy dual brewers; they brew Espresso, Double Espresso, gran lungo, coffee, or other beverages in different sizes. One of the versatile VertuoLine machines, i.e., VertuoPlus Deluxe, has a sleek design and is easy to use. Its average rating value is 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. It is a quite worthy model; however, it lacks a milk frother, so if you want to brew latte, cappuccino, macchiato, etc., pair it with a one-touch Aeroccino frother. It has two models;
- Designed by Breville; It is rounded and has a 40 oz water reservoir
Designed by DeLonghi; It has a flatter top and a 60 oz water reservoir
Design — Unique And Modern
When I unboxed my DeLonghi VertuoPlus Deluxe, its simple, sleek, and modern design appealed to me. The machine with matte black color and neat design decorated my kitchen very well. It comes with a complimentary starter set of capsule assortment, including a wide range of Nespresso Vertuo pods with unique aromatic characteristics. It has a chrome finish around the lever, cup holder, and button. It has a single button for the entire operation and a dial to unlock or lock the capsule container. Although it is a large model with 8.7 “W x 12.8” D x 13.2 “H dimension, its adjustable water tank (60 oz) helped me to adjust it to the desired place.
Water Reservoir — Large And Rotating
DeLonghi VertuoPlus Deluxe has a cylinder-shaped 60 oz water reservoir, and the fascinating thing about it is that it is removable and swivel. The removable feature helps in cleaning, and the swivel feature allows it to alter its position from the back to the side of the machine.
Performance — Centrifusion Technology
When you insert the Vertuo pod and press the button, the machine scans its barcode, makes holes in the pod, and passes water through these holes. It spins the capsules at 7000 RPM and extracts the desired drink. The machine automatically adjusts the brewing parameters for each capsule, such as; water volume, rotational speed (7000 RPM), flow rate, temperature, and water contact time. It extracts the perfect flavor and premium aroma from the capsules and delivers the drink according to the preferred size, intensity, and flavor.
Intuitive Brewing Process — Fast & Convenient
For review, I brewed many drinks, and all were strong and rich. I followed the manual’s instructions, inserted the pod, placed the cup under the coffee outlet, and pressed the button. The machine delivered the desired beverage within one minute. The automatic capsule ejection system automatically ejects the capsule after the brewing process. It did not produce any noise during the brewing process. It also has movable cup support and offers 4 different positions, allowing you to brew in small or large mugs.
Nespresso Vertuoplus Deluxe Bundle With Aeroccino Frother
The VertuoPlus does not come with a milk frother and does not have any milk system. If you want to brew latte, cappuccino, macchiato, etc., with it, buy a VertuoPlus Deluxe bundle (VertuoPlus Deluxe + Aeroccino3 or 4 milk frother). The one-touch aeroccino frother will give you hot and cold foam for your beverages within a few seconds.
Nespresso Vertuoplus Deluxe Pods — Vertuo Capsules
Vertuo pods are designed for Nespresso Vertuo-Line machines, so these machines use only Nespresso Vertuo capsules and do not work with third-party capsules. Similarly, the VertuoPlus Deluxe is only compatible with Vertuo pods; each comes with a specific barcode and brew sizes. However, after the Nespresso and Starbucks partnership, it also worked well with Starbucks by Nespresso Vertuo pods. If you want to brew a drink with your desired pre-ground coffee, you can also use reusable stainless steel Nespresso pods.
Can Vertuoplus Deluxe Make Double Espresso?
VertuoPlus Deluxe makes double espresso with its double espresso Vertuo pod. Each Vertuo pod has its specific barcode and brew size, such as;
- Espresso — 1.35 oz
- Double espresso — 2.7 oz
- Gran lungo — 5 oz
- Coffee — 7.8 oz
- Alto — 14 oz
- Carafe — 17 oz
Simply insert the double espresso pod into the machine and press the start button; the machine will read the capsule’s barcode and deliver your desired drink within one minute.
How To Make Coffee And Espresso With Vertuoplus Deluxe?
The VertuoPlus Deluxe machine delivers perfect single-serve coffee and espresso.
For single-serve coffee:
- Turn on the machine and allow it to heat for 20 seconds.
- Adjust the drip tray according to your cup size and place the desired coffee cup under the coffee outlet.
- Insert the pod (specific for coffee, i.e., 8 oz).
- The machine will deliver the perfect cup of coffee with hazelnut color into your coffee cup within 1 minute.
- Once the process is completed, the machine will automatically eject the capsule.
The entire process is the same as followed for coffee preparation except, instead of coffee pods, place the espresso pod (1.35 oz) in a Vertuo machine. The machine will deliver a well-balanced espresso shot with a strong aroma and airy crema into your cup.
Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Cleaning
VertuoPlus Deluxe offers quick and easy cleaning. According to the manual’s guidelines, I emptied the capsule container and washed the machine’s exterior with a damp cloth. I washed the drip tray and capsule container with hot soapy water. VertuoPlus Deluxe models feature chrome accents and automatic cleaning cycles. I pressed the button three times, and the machine automatically cleaned within 5 minutes. The machine passes fresh water through the inner system and coffee outlet during the cleaning. I also placed the container under the outlet and collected the dumped water.
Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Descaling
The VertuoPlus Deluxe has a descaling alert. The machine is descaled with a descaling solution every 6 months or after 600 used capsules. For descaling, I also followed the manual’s instructions. I filled the water tank with a descaling solution and simultaneously pressed the button and lever. The machine entered the descaling mode; it took only 20 minutes. After that, your machine is ready to brew
Warranty — Two-Year
The VertuoPlus comes with a warranty of two years. During that period, Nespresso offers necessary repairs and replacements free of cost. It also gives you full troubleshooting support and ships you a loaner device while your machine is being repaired.
Most coffee lovers try to recover small flaws on their own, but this act can affect your machine’s working. I called Nespresso customer service if I faced any problem. I also recommend you do the same act if you face any problem; it will keep your machine in a good position.
- It has an auto-off feature that automatically turns off the machine after 9 minutes of inactivity and saves energy.
- Its drip tray is removable and also offers four different positions so you can accommodate small or large cups according to your need.
- An automatic machine opening system makes for easy insertion and ejection of capsules.
- Each Vertuo pod has a specific barcode and coffee cup sizes, espresso, double espresso, lungo, etc.
Comparison Among Vertuoline Nespresso Machines
We compared the 5 vertuo machines and the results are as follows;
|Product||VertuoPlus Deluxe||VertuoPlus||Vertuo Next||Vertuo||Evoluo|
|Get it||Shop it on Amazon||Shop it on Amazon||Shop it on Amazon||Shop it on Amazon||Shop it on Amazon|
|Large coffee cup Sizes||0.3-17 oz||0.3-17 oz||0.3-17 oz||0.3-17 oz||0.3-17 oz|
|Water tank capacity||60 oz||40 oz||37 oz||40 oz||54 oz|
|Spent capsule capacity||10 used capsules||10 used capsules||10 used capsules||12 used capsules||17 used capsules|
|Heat-up time||20 seconds||20 seconds||25 seconds||15 seconds||15 seconds|
|Dimension in inches||16.88W x 5.59D x 12.79H||9.8W x 13.3D x 12.7H||5.5W x 16.9D x 12.4H||9W x 12.3D x 12.2H||9W x 12.3D x 12.2H|
|Weight||10.1 pounds||10.1 pounds||8.8 pounds||10.9 pounds||11 pounds|
|Power consumption||1300 W||1300 W||1350 W||1350 W||1350 W|
|Extra feature||Adjustable drip tray, an extra large water reservoir||Adjustable water tank||Wireless connectivity, made of recycled material||One-touch operation||Movable cup support|
|Price||View its price||View its price||View its price||View its price||View its price|
Nespresso VertuoPlus Vs Nespresso Vertuoplus Deluxe
Both models have many similarities, but when we compare them, we also see some differences, including;
- Vertuo Plus has a small 40 oz water reservoir, while VertuoPlus Deluxe has a larger 60 oz water reservoir.
- VertuoPlus Deluxe has a chrome finish around the lever and buttons, while VertuoPlus does not have a chrome finish. For more detail, read the above table content.
Is The Vertuoplus Deluxe Nespresso Machine For You?
If you want a versatile capsule espresso and coffee maker that delivers you authentic beverages, VertuoPlus Deluxe with a large 60 oz water reservoir is hard to beat. It is easy to use and clean and delivers splendid espresso (1.35 oz), a gran lungo (5 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), alto (14 oz), and coffee (7.8 oz) without stepping a foot in a coffee shop.
- If you want to brew a wide variety of drinks effortlessly and in different sizes, VertuoPlus with an automatic cleaning cycle will suit you. However, it is a heavy model, occupies a large space, and lacks a milk frother.
- If you are searching for an affordable pod machine, the Vertuo machine is the best single-serve espresso and coffee maker.
- If you are looking for a more compact and slim capsule-based machine, then one of the new VertuoLine machines, Vertuo Next, will suit you. It is a feature-rich model, has a 5.5″ width, and delivers drinks with a touch of a button.
- If you want to brew high-quality espresso, long coffees, tea, hot chocolate, and drip coffee in the comfort of your home, check out the Keurig K-classic coffee maker.
- The Nespresso CitiZ espresso machine will suit you if you consume less coffee. It brews Ristretto, Espresso, and lungo and is also compatible with inexpensive third-party Nespresso capsules. However, it lacks a milk frother, so if you want to make lattes, cappuccinos, macchiato, etc., you must buy a standalone milk frother.
- If you want to grind your whole fresh beans on your own and brew great-tasting coffee and Espresso, then Breville Barista Express with an integrated grinder and frother is meant for you.
- If you like to brew coffee with Nespresso pods and Keurig K-cup pods, then search for Instant Pod that allows you to brew coffee with Nespresso pods and Keurig K-cup pods.
- If you want to manually control your drink or frothing process, then one of the Creatista machines is the best option.
- If you want a machine with an integrated frother and a wide variety of preset beverages, check out one of the Lattissima series.
Alternatives For The Vertuoplus Deluxe Machine
|Product||Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker||Mixpresso Espresso Machine||Lattissima Pro Coffee Machine|
|The Bottom Line||With a 48 oz water reservoir and a fast 15 seconds heat up time, Keurig K-Cafe delivers fantastic espresso shots and long coffees. It works well with ground coffee and K-cup pods( regular or reusable). It brews 4-12 oz hot or cold drinks and allows you to decorate your kitchen with one of its two bold colors.||One of the compact and single-serve coffee makers, Mixpresso allows you to brew 4-12 oz coffee in less than one minute. The entire process is automatic and mess-free. It has an auto-off feature, offers hassle-free cleaning, and is compatible with ground coffee and K-cup pods( regular or reusable).||With an intuitive touch screen and aluminum finish, Lattissima Pro offers six preset beverages. The 44 oz water reservoir, one-touch operation, 16oz milk container capacity, and incomparable drink quality make it one of the luxury models of OriginalLine Nespresso machines.|
|Price||View it on Amazon||View it on Amazon||View it on Amazon|
What Is The Difference Between Nespresso Vertuoplus And The Deluxe?
Both models have many similarities, but when we compare them, we also see some differences, including;
- Vertuo Plus has a small 40 oz water reservoir, while VertuoPlus Deluxe models feature chrome accents and have a larger water tank, 60oz capacity.
- VertuoPlus Deluxe has a chrome finish around the lever and buttons, while VertuoPlus does not have a chrome finish.
Who Makes Nespresso Vertuoplus Deluxe?
Nespresso makes machines with other partners, including US/CA partners such as Breville & DeLonghi and UK partners such as Krups & Magimix. But, Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe is made with the special collaboration of Nespresso with Breville and DeLonghi.
Is VertuoPlus Deluxe Worth It?
VertuoPlus Deluxe is the versatile capsule-based coffee maker that delivers the best home-brewed coffee ever and offers the perfect combination of style and texture, ranging from 0.3 to 17 oz without stepping into a coffee shop. It is easy to use and clean, delivers authentic beverages, automatically adjusts brewing parameters, has a large 60 oz water reservoir, and auto-off feature. All of these features and settings make it hard to beat the model.
Is The Vertuo Or Vertuoplus Better?
Both machines are quite similar in many aspects, but they also have some differences, as mentioned below;
- Vertuo has a 40 oz water reservoir, while Vertuo Plus has a 37 oz water reservoir.
- Vertuo has a large capsule container that can accommodate 12 used capsules, while Vertuo Plus has 10 used capsule capacity.
- Vertuo has a fast 15 seconds heat-up time, while Vertuo Next takes 25 seconds for heat-up.
What Is The Difference Between Vertuo And Vertuoplus Deluxe?
Both models have many similarities, but when we compare them, we also see some differences, including;
- The water tank of VertuoPlus Deluxe was rotating and positioned to optimize the kitchen countertop space, while VertuoPlus has a static water reservoir.
- VertuoPlus has a large capsule container and can accommodate 12 used capsules, while VertuoPlus Deluxe has a small capsule container and can accommodate 10 used capsules.
- VertuoPlus has a fast 15-second heat-up time, while VertuoPlus Deluxe takes 20 seconds to heat up.
What Is Nespresso Vertuoplus Deluxe Matte Black?
VertuoPlus Deluxe Matte Black allows you to brew high-quality coffees (5oz, 8oz), alto (14-17 oz), splendid espresso shots (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), and gran lungo (5 oz) with a rich crema. Its precision brewing system automatically adjusts the brewing settings. It has average customer ratings of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. This machine has awesome features such as a large water tank (60oz), auto-off feature, hassle-free cleaning, and programmable water hardness.
Read More Nespresso OriginalLine Machine Reviews from Coffee Aim
Read More Nespresso VertuoLine Machine Reviews from Coffee Aim
|Nespresso Vertuo Machine Review|
|Nespresso VertuoPlus Machine Review|
|Nespresso Vertuo Next Machine Review|
|Nespresso Evoluo Machine Review|