Are you guys facing the problem of your Nespresso Vertuo Next not working? Are you struggling with issues like some kind of blinking issues, flow issues, the coffee button not working, the machine not pumping water, and many other problems like this? Don’t worry! Because you can fix them yourself by just following my guidelines. I have also faced many problems during my experience with Nespresso Vertuo Next, and luckily, I got their solutions. Therefore I am explaining all of them to you, just for your help.
It is better to have a tasty cup of coffee in a safe and sound condition; therefore, you must read the Nespresso Vretuo Next safety precautions.
1. Why Is the Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee Button Not Working?
Why are you so worried about the issue even though I can tell you the solution? So let’s make a deal, read my article and you will be provided with the answers to all of your questions.
Problem: The Coffee Button Not Working
Sometimes the coffee button gets stuck, and it becomes challenging to brew a cup of coffee.
Cause: Dust Particles
The cause behind this stuck coffee button is the dust particles that get into the space around the coffee button and cause it to be stuck in its position.
How Can I Repair The Coffee Button?
Just follow the steps, and you will get your coffee button repaired in a few minutes.
- Unplug the device first.
- Use a tiny flathead screwdriver.
- Slightly get the screwdriver into the space around the coffee button and gently try to pull up the coffee button.
- After making some attempts, you will find that the button popped out from the stuck position to its original one.
- Some people also remove the whole silver ring. Actually, the silver ring is a ring that you can easily see around the coffee button. But if you have resolved the problem without removing it, then it is not necessary to remove that ring.
Note: The button is very sensitive, so don’t push it with too much force that it either gets stuck permanently or breaks.
2. How To Reset Nespresso Vertuo Next After Descaling?
After descaling, If you guys want to set up your Nespresso Vertuo Next so that you can brew a cup ( free of any kind of chemical). No problem! Here, I will provide you with a brief explanation of the process that can help you reset your Nespresso Vertuo Next and prepare a cup of coffee in no time.
Problem: Reset After Descaling
The problem is that people need to know the most accurate steps to brew a cup after descaling, and surprisingly, only a few people need to be made aware of them. Therefore, to help them, I’m describing the steps below;
Solution: The Setup Process
Follow these simple steps.
- Empty the water tank (if it still contains the descaling solution).
- Wash the water tank and the drip tray thoroughly.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water and place it back.
- Place a container under the outlet.
- Now press the coffee button and let your Nespresso Vertuo Next be cleaned.
- Congratulations! Because it is time to place a cup under the outlet and enjoy your dreamy coffee.
For brewing, you should place a cup under the outlet and a capsule in the machine. Press the coffee button to start the process.
In case of any problem, you should contact Nespresso customer service for further assistance.
If my readers are facing flow issues with the Nespresso Vertuo Next, I can’t stay back to help them.
3. How To Troubleshoot Flow Issues On My Nespresso Vertuo Next?
Flow on your Nespresso Vertuo Next refers to the amount of water dispensed through the capsule to make a coffee drink or espresso.
Problem: Nothing Flows Out Of The Nespresso Vertuo Next
The Nespresso Vertuo Next does not allow the flow of coffee (out of the spout). The machine seems to be working, but no coffee comes out of the spout, and the cup remains empty.
The leading cause is related to putting a stop to the flow of water, and there could be many reasons or causes for this interruption.
Cause 1: Low Water Level
The first reason is the low level of water in the water tank.
Solution: Fill The Water Tank
Fill the water tank with sufficient water so the problem can be resolved.
Cause 2: Improperly Placed Capsule
The second reason is the improperly placed capsule, for which the Nespresso Vertuo Next cannot work effectively and refuse to fill your cup with coffee.
Solution: Properly Place The Capsule
Open up the Nespresso Vertuo Next and take out the capsule. Accurately place the capsule in its place so that the needle in the head of the machine can easily and very precisely puncture the capsule.
Cause 3: Machine Blockage
Machine blockage also contributes to this problem.
The machine may have a blockage that needs to be removed. Therefore the Nespresso Vertuo Next needs to be appropriately descaled to remove the blockage.
But if the problem persists, there is another way to resolve this, which is given below.
4. Why Does The Nespresso Vertuo Next Not Pumping Water?
Waiting for the Nespresso Vertuo Next to fill the cup with coffee but seeing no coffee out of it is an irritating thing for the coffee lover.
Problem: Nespresso Vertuo Next Not Pumping Water
The Nespresso Vertuo Next can’t pump the water, and the machine keeps sounding like it is working but without any output.
Cause: Air Bubbles
It is mainly because of air bubbles that develop between the water tank and the pump. These bubbles stop water flow from the water tank into the pump, and you see no water or coffee coming out of the spout.
Solution: Removing Air Bubbles With Pressure
If your Nespresso Vertuo Next is also not pumping water, follow this easy and unique process to fix the problem.
- Make sure that the water tank is filled with water.
- Now, use a straw or a tube that can be fixed perfectly over an orange gasket.
- Turn on the machine.
- Now blow vigorously into the tube or straw.
- You may get success on the second or third attempt, so keep trying until you succeed.
- In the end, air bubbles will be removed, and you will see the water flowing out.
Related video: Nespresso Machine Won’t Pump Water? QUICKEST EASIEST FIX
5. Nespresso Vertuo Next Cleaning Cycle Not Working
The cleaning cycle is elementary and works, but if you need help, read the following passage.
Problem: The Cleaning Cycle Not Working
The Nespresso Vertuo Next can’t carry out the cleaning cycle in the way it should.
Cause: Missing Any Step
It could be because of the reason that you need to include a step, and the machine is thus not showing the expected results.
Solution: Cleaning Cycle
Therefore analyze the process given below, and ensure that you are performing the cleaning process properly.
- Clean and rinse the water tank and its lid as well.
- Place the water tank back in its place.
- Open the machine head and let the used capsule be ejected.
- Empty the capsule container and clean it thoroughly.
- Close the handle and lock the machine.
- The Nespresso Vertuo Next is now heating, and the coffee button will keep blinking during the process. It will take at least 30 seconds.
- Now press the coffee button 3 times in just 2 seconds to start cleaning.
The cleaning process is automatic and will be completed in approximately 7 minutes.
6. Why Is My Vertuo Next Making Coffee That Is Not Hot Enough?
I have never experienced a cold coffee or even heard of it. This is really a new thing to me. The coffee appears at its best only when it is hot enough to make the next person enthralled after having a sip of it.
Problem: Coffee Is Not Hot
I can feel it when you are expecting a delicious hot cup of coffee out of the Nespresso Vertuo Next, but then a cold drink appears in front of you. There are different ways to let your Nespresso Vertuo Next, make a hot cup of coffee for you. These are explained below;
Cause 1: By Maintaining Pressure
Sometimes, the pressure inside the machine is decreased, and the device does not heat up properly.
Solution: Brewing With Only Water( Cleaning Process)
Maintain the pressure by following these steps.
- Make sure that no capsule is inserted.
- Now start the brewing process with water only.
Related video: how to make a hotter Nespresso coffee
However, this video is not exactly for the Nespresso Vertuo Next, but the fact can be applied to it.
Cause 2: Mineral Deposition
If mineral deposits are developed in your Nespresso Vertuo Next, it cannot work accordingly until you descale it. And If you have not yet descale your Nespresso Vertuo Next, you are responsible for this cold coffee.
You might need to descale the machine if it is on but not heating up, and the process is given below;
- Fill the water tank with 500ml of water and add the descaling solution.
- Close and lock the machine for optimized heating.
- Leave the lever unlocked and hold the coffee button for at least 7 seconds to enter the descaling mode.
- Lock the machine and press the coffee button to start the descaling process.
- The machine will stop automatically when the first phase of descaling is completed.
- The second phase is to run a cleansing brew by filling the water tank with freshwater, and before this, rinse the water tank and capsule container properly.
- Now press the button again to start the cleaning process.
- The machine will stop automatically.
How To Exit The Descaling Mode?
To exit the descaling mode, you must press the coffee button for at least 7 seconds.
Note: Descaling solution can be harmful, so avoid contact with the eyes, skin, or any other body surface.
7. How To Deal With Leakage?
Waking up in the morning and seeing the Nespresso Vertuo Next leaking is irritating. But it’s not a big deal because we got the solutions.
Problem: Leakage From Nespresso Vertuo Next
While brewing a cup, the Nespresso Vertuo Next leaks and the coffee or water splits on the ground. More often, the leakage occurs from two sites in the Nespresso Vertuo Next which are;
- In front of the machine (from the cup holder or drip tray).
- From the bottom of the machine.
There are many causes for this leakage, which include the following;
Cause 1: Defective Water Tank
The water tank is defective.
Replace the water with a new one. Make sure the water tank is properly positioned and tightened.
Cause 2: Accumulation Of Coffee Grounds
Accumulation of the debris or coffee grounds in the nozzle. The capsule holder is gunked up.
Solution: Cleaning Cycle
Perform a cleaning cycle and clean the nozzle and capsule holder with cotton and water properly for the removal of clogs. Moreover, ensure the regular clearing of capsule containers and used capsule bins.
Cause 3: Damaged Thermoblock
Damaged component or seal in the thermoblock (heating element) or internal pipework.
Solution: Call Nespresso Service
It is better to call the Nespresso service and ask for help.
If this leakage is because of some broken part, you should replace it instead of attempting to fix the broken Nespresso component. A new authentic part will function better and last longer than an old patched-up one. Clean the water tank, lid, and sealing ring to remove any coffee ground or debris (this debris can also cause this leakage).
You can also watch the given video, as it contains a different process to resolve it, and you should try it (in case of any problem).
Related video: Nespresso Vertuo Next leaks coffee during brewing
8. Nespresso Vertuo Next Not Resetting To Factory Setting
If resetting your Nespresso Vertuo Next to the factory setting does not give you the expected results, surely you missed a step in the process.
Problem: Not Resetting To Factory Setting
The problem occurs when you have programmed a specific volume for a capsule, but then you want to change it and reset your Nespresso Vertuo Next. The Nespresso Vertuo Next does not reset to the factory setting, and you could not reprogramme the volume for that capsule.
Cause: Missing A Step
You need to add a step (that you were missing). Because without this step, the resetting of your machine to the factory setting cannot be completed. For this, you should read out the solution to be aware of all the steps.
Solution: Perform The Process Again
You should thoroughly read the process and try it. It is better to watch the relevant video from the given link and then read the passage below as a guideline.
For your convenience, I have written a short and comprehensive process.
1. Push down the machine’s head to close it.
2. Retain the handle in the “UNLOCKED” state.
3. Press the button five times within a period of three seconds.
4. The button will softly blink five times to indicate that the reset has been successful.
9. Why Does My Vertuo Next Machine Turn To “Off” Mode?
Really! Does it happen to your Nespresso Vertuo Next? Don’t worry because I will let you know about the reason and its solution.
Problem: The Nespresso Vertuo Next Turns to “Off” Mode
While using the Nespresso Vertuo Next, it turns to “Off” mode. The Nespresso Vertuo Next turns off due to two reasons.
Cause 1: Energy Savings
Your Nespresso Vertuo Next has an auto-off feature; therefore, It turns off automatically after 2 minutes of the last brew, only for energy savings.
Solution: Press The Coffee Button
If you want to turn your Nespresso Vertuo Next on, simply press the coffee button.
Cause 2: Need Descaling
It happens when the machine is to descale. As if the machine needs descaling or resetting to the factory setting, it stops working and turns to off mode.
Descale the coffee maker or do reset it to the factory setting.
Thus these are the two factors for this problem. Furthermore, if you have coffee grounds in your cup of coffee, see the next point.
10. Why Is My Vertuo Next Machine Pouring Coffee Grounds In The Cup?
Coffee grounds interruption while enjoying the coffee kicks you out of the dreamy world of coffee. In order to continue that dream, read down.
Problem: Coffee Grounds In Cup
Every newly brewed cup of coffee from the Nespresso Vertuo Next contains coffee grounds, and the main problem is that you are worried about this.
Cause: Coffee Grounds Are Left Behind
This is because of some coffee grounds that are left behind in the coffee maker after every brew. These coffee grounds are either present in the capsule basket or get stuck in nearby areas. Hence, you will find coffee grounds whenever you brew your next cup of coffee.
How Can I Get My Coffee Free From Any Coffee Grounds?
You can get a cup of coffee free of any coffee grounds only by adequately cleaning your Nespresso Vertuo Next.
- You should perform a cleaning cycle (without a capsule).
- It would be best if you cleaned the machine properly using cotton or tissue and a brush to access the device’s internal parts.
In this way, your machine will be cleaned, and you will have tasty ground-free coffee. You should perform the cleaning cycle twice if required.
Related video: how to remove the coffee grounds from Nespresso machines
However, this video is not exactly about removing coffee grounds. It is actually about the leakage from the machine and how to solve it, yet you can have a proper guideline to clean the Nespresso machine from this video.
11. Why Does The Capsule Container Or Holder Contains Water After Brewing?
Nothing can be perfect, and there can be some defects, even in the most famous thing. In the same way, this can also be considered a defect of the Nespresso Vertuo Next, but to the most extent, it is not even a defect. This will be clear to you after reading what is written below.
Problem: Capsule Container Contains Water
After brewing, when you look at the capsule container, you will find a little amount of water in it.
Cause 1: Water Is Redirected
A little amount of water is redirected to the capsule container during the brewing process. Therefore you find the water in the capsule container after being emptied.
Solution: Use Software Update
The Nespresso App has released a remote software update that avoids this backflow. If you want to do it, then connect your Nespresso Vertuo Next to the Nespresso app. Follow the steps mentioned in the app. Once connected, settings will be updated within 48 hours.
Cause 2: Water In The Capsule
The brewing process occurs in such a way that water flows through the capsule, and some of the water can even reside in the capsule even at the end of the process. When this capsule is released in the capsule container, that water goes along with it. Thus, the container contains water.
Solution: Don’t Let The Capsule Be Ejected Into the Container
In my view, it is not a big deal, and I will not even consider it. But if it is a problem for you and you want to get rid of it, then don’t let the capsule be ejected into the capsule container; rather, quickly remove it so that the water inside it doesn’t get into the container. However, you can just let it go and focus on enjoying the coffee.
12. Nespresso Vertuo Next Fuse is Not Working
If the fuse of your Nespresso Vertuo Next is not working you should contact the Nespresso service to replace it or help you repair it in the other way (if possible).
Problem: The Fuse Is Not Working
Fuse is the main thing that lets your Nespresso Vertuo Next work and prepares a cup, but if it deteriorates due to any reason, you can’t brew. It will be a very sad spectacle. To save yourself from this horrifying consequence of not having coffee, try the following solution.
Cause: Fuse Burned Due To High Voltage
The fuse may be burned due to some electricity problems.
Solution: Contact Nespresso Service
Contact the Nespresso service for assistance in the best way because they can only help you solve the problem most accurately. But if you are a technician, you can also repair it by watching some related videos or following the guidance from the Nespresso service on call.
13. Why is My Nespresso Vertuo Next Blinking?
The blinking light on the coffee button indicates different issues. To use your Nespresso Vertuo Next in the best way, you should evaluate them. Some common blinking styles and their indications are given below;
Note: Depending on the problem and the kind of coffee maker, the blinking light’s accurate meaning may change. But here, we will discuss the meaning of blinking styles only for the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
- Why Is My Nespresso Vertuo Next Not Showing Any Light On The Button?
Your Nespresso Vertuo Next has a power problem if the coffee button is not illuminated.
Problem: No Light On The Coffee Button
When you plug the Nespresso Vertuo Next into an outlet, you see no light on the coffee button even after pressing the coffee button.
Cause: Not Connected To The Electricity
This happens because your Nespresso Vertuo Next is not getting enough electricity from the outlet and there could be many reasons for this like a damaged power cord or outlet etc.
Solution: Ensure Electricity Supply
Here are some steps to try to resolve the issue:
- Check The Power Source: Verify that the machine is correctly plugged into an outlet and that the outlet is working.
- Check The Power Cord: Make sure the power cord is properly connected to the machine and is not damaged.
- Try A Different Outlet: If the machine is still not turning on, try plugging it into a new electrical outlet to see if it helps.
- Reset The Machine: Unplug it, wait a few minutes, and then connect it back in if the device still won’t turn on.
If the problem is not resolved even after trying the above troubleshooting, then contact Nespresso customer service.
But if it works and after the heating process it becomes steady, then read the given point to be aware of the situation.
- Why Is There A Steady White Illuminated Coffee Button?
If the coffee button shows a steady light after the heating process(which is indicated by the blinking of the coffee button), it means the machine is ready to brew a cup. So when you press the coffee button, and the machine is working properly, it’s ok. But if your Nespresso Vertuo Next is not working and still showing a steady white light, then there is definitely a problem.
Problem: Steady White Illuminated Coffee Button
The Nespresso Vertuo Next does not work, and the coffee button keeps showing a steady white light.
Cause: Improperly Setup Apparatus
When the coffee maker is not set up correctly, it does not work and informs you of that cause through the illuminated coffee button.
Solution: Lock The Machine And Use A New Capsule
Try the following measures to let your machine work properly.
- Make sure to lock the machine.
- Also, ensure that you have placed the unused capsule in the right way so that the needle in the head of the machine can easily puncture it.
- Why Is The Coffee Button’s White Light Regularly Blinking (once per Second)?
The coffee button shows a blinking white light in two cases,
- When the Nespresso Vertuo Next is heating up (but specifically in this case, the light is pulsing up, which means lighting up to steady on, then off).
- While preparing coffee.
Problem: Blinking Light
Other than heating up or brewing a cup, the coffee button keeps blinking white light, and your Nespresso Vertuo Next is not working and keeps pouring out only water instead of coffee.
Cause 1: Needs Descaling
The Nespresso Vertuo Next needs descaling or proper cleaning.
Solution: Descale The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Watch the tutorial video to be more aware of the descaling and cleaning process.
Video link: descaling and cleaning the Nespresso Vertuo Next
Cause 2: Machine Has Entered The Descaling Mode
The Nespresso Vertuo Next has entered the descaling mode for which the Nespresso Vertuo Next is not able to brew a cup.
Solution: Exit The Descaling Mode
The solution is very simple. Exit the descaling mode by pressing the coffee button for at least 7 seconds.
- Why Is The Orange Light Blinking Quickly (Twice Per Second) On The Coffee Button?
Are you worried about this quickly blinking orange light? It’s good for you. Because you have already forgotten to clean the Nespresso Vertuo Next, and this time the machine is informing you to do so.
Problem: Orange Light Blinking Quickly On The Coffee Button
Only water is coming out of the Nespresso Vertuo Next, and the coffee button keeps blinking orange light very quickly.
Cause: Needs Cleaning
The Nespresso Vertuo Next needs cleaning.
Solution: Perform Cleaning Cycle
When I faced this issue, I got the solution from the Nespresso Vertuo Next manual guide, but for your convenience, I have also pasted the link to the tutorial video for cleaning the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
Video link: descaling of the Nespresso Vertuo Next
But if you want to see the process in written form, then see the next point.
- Why Is This Orange Light Blinking Rapidly (Three Times/Per Second) On The Coffee Button?
You can easily differentiate between the three times blinking per second and the two times blinking per second. So don’t start to note the time with a watch.
Problem: Orange Light Blinking 3 Times Per Second
The scenario is quite similar to the previous one( only water is coming out of the Nespresso Vertuo Next instead of coffee), but this time, the light blinks rapidly (three times per second) as if your Nespresso Vertuo Next is having a heart attack.
Cause: The Nespresso Vertuo Next Needs Descaling
This blinking shows that your Nespresso Vertuo Next needs to be descaled due to the deposition of some calcareous materials, which are harmful to your health.
Solution: Descaling Process
Descale the Nespresso Vertuo Next and below is the procedure for descaling;
- Fill the water tank with water and add a descaling solution to it.
- Close and lock the device for heating (by pushing down the head of the machine and moving the handle to the lock symbol).
- Leave the machine unlocked (by moving the handle to the unlock symbol), then hold the coffee button for at least 7 seconds to enter the descaling mode.
- Now lock the machine and press the coffee button to start the process.
- After this, make sure to run a cleaning cycle so that there are no remains of the descaling solution, as the descaling solution is not good for your health.
How Can I Exit My Nespresso Vertuo Next From The Descaling Mode?
You can simply exit the descaling mode by pressing the coffee button for at least 7 seconds.
6. Why Is The White Light Pulsing Up (Lighting Up To Steady On, Then Off)?
If you prepare the coffee by yourself, you can understand the cause very well because you are well aware of the problem.
Problem: Light On The Coffee Button Is Pulsing Up
When you turn on the machine and press the coffee button to brew, you expect the coffee will start coming out of the spout immediately, but it does not happen, and the coffee button starts pulsing up white light.
Cause: Heating Up
The Nespresso Vertuo Next is heating up, and this pulsing light is its indication.
Solution: Wait Until The Process Is Completed
Wait for the heating process to be completed. After reaching the ideal brewing temperature, the light will stop pulsing up automatically, and turn into a continuous white light, signaling that it is ready to brew.
7. Why Is The Orange Light Pulsing Down (Fading To Off, Then On)?
This is an alarm that notifies you about the overheating of the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
Problem: Orange Light Pulsing Down
While using the Nespresso Vertuo Next, the coffee button shows the orange light pulsing down, and the Nespresso Vertuo Next does not work.
Cause 1: the Nespresso Vertuo Next Is Overheated
The Nespresso Vertuo Next is overheated.
Solution: Cool Down The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Here are some steps to troubleshoot the problem
- Turn off the machine by pressing the coffee button for at least 3 seconds.
- Now turn on the machine by pressing the coffee button again.
- Wait for 20 minutes and let the machine cool down after extensive use.
Cause 2: The Machine Is In Descaling Mode
If you can’t resolve the problem, then for sure, your machine has entered the descaling mode.
Solution: Exit This Descaling Mode
It would be best to exit the descaling mode by pressing the coffee button for 7 seconds and letting your Nespresso Vertuo Next work properly.
8. Why Is The Orange Light Blinking Rapidly- Twice, Then Long Off?
This blinking style shows an error. There are many reasons for this error; some common causes are given in this article.
Problem: Orange Light Blinking, Then Long Off
The problem appears when the orange light blinks rapidly on the coffee button of the Nespresso Vertuo Next and your mind is blank about the situation, but no longer after reading this article.
Cause 1: The Water Tank Is Empty
The water tank needs to be filled.
Solution: Fill The Water Tank
Fill the water tank sufficiently so that the Nespresso Vertuo Next starts working.
Cause 2: The Nespresso Vertuo Next Is Not Locked
The machine is not locked perfectly.
Solution: Lock Properly
Lock the machine accurately by pushing down the head and moving the handle toward the locked position.
Cause 3: The Capsule Is Improperly Placed
The capsule is not appropriately positioned in the capsule holder.
Solution: Replace The Capsule
Open the head of the Nespresso Vertuo Next and replace the capsule. It does not mean replacing it with the new one but placing the same capsule in its place again but in the right way. Close the head, and now restart the process.
Cause 4: Mineral Build-Up
There could be mineral buildup in the machine, which needs to be descaled.
Solution: Descale The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Descale the Nespresso Vertuo Next, and the process is mentioned in point #5( in the blinking styles portion).
Related video: Descaling process
Cause 5: Overheating
The apparatus may be overheated.
Solution: Cool Down The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Turn off the machine by pressing the coffee button for at least 3 seconds, then turn it on by pressing the coffee button again. Now let the Nespresso Vertuo Next cool down for 20 minutes. Or you can simply plug out the Nespresso Vertuo Next and allow it to be cooled.
Cause 6: Cleaning Of Your Nespresso Vertuo Next Is Required
The device needs to be cleaned.
Solution: Perform The Cleaning Cycle
Perform the cleaning cycle as per the guidance in the video.
If, after evaluating and performing all these factors, the blinking continues, then follow the troubleshooting steps below;
- Open the machine head after unlocking the handle.
- Change the capsule (if needed).
- Unplug the machine’s power cord from the outlet and plug it back in the outlet 10 seconds later.
- Close the head, push the coffee button to turn the machine “ON,” and then press it again to begin brewing.
- If the issue continues, contact Nespresso customer service.
9. Why Is This Orange Flashing Coffee Button On For 1.5 Seconds, Then Off For 0.5 Seconds?
This case especially indicates the machine’s unfilled water tank and improperly locked head.
Problem: The Nespresso Vertuo Next Does Not Work And the Light Blinks
The Nespresso Vertuo Next stops working, and the coffee button starts blinking.
Cause: The Water Tank Is Empty
The water tank lacks water or sufficient water. This causes the Nespresso Vertuo Next to stop working and request (through this blinking coffee button) the user to fill the water tank.
Solution: Fill the Water And Lock The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Thus, you can solve the problem by;
- Filling up the water tank.
- Ensuring that the machine is locked.
10. Why Is The Orange Light Blinking 5 Times In 10 Seconds?
By blinking 5 times in 10 seconds, your Nespresso Vertuo Next demands you to reset it to the factory setting.
Problem: Orange Light Blinks And The Machine Stops Working Properly
The coffee button shows the orange light that blinks 5 times in 10 seconds, and the Nespresso Vertuo Next stops working.
Cause: The Vertuo Next Should Be Reset To The Factory Setting
The Nespresso Vertuo Next should be reset to the factory setting for which the light blinks, and request you about it.
Solution: Reset To The Factory Setting
To reset your coffee maker, you can either watch the relevant video or read the process from the above heading “Why Is My Nespresso Vertuo Next Not Resetting To Factory Setting?” (Refer to point #8).
Relevant video: How to reset the Nespresso Vertuo Next to the factory setting
11. Why Are The Orange And White Lights Alternately Blinking 3 Times And Then Steady On?
This is also a descaling alarm, but at this point, you don’t have to descale the machine urgently. You can use the Nespresso Vertuo Next until the descaling becomes necessary and the machine gives another alarm.
12. Why Does The White Light Blink Twice Per Second?
I have explained various solutions regarding this blinking style, and this one is an addition to them.
Problem: White Light Blinks Twice Per Second
The coffee button continues to blink, and you try to resolve the by pressing the button, but the problem persists.
Cause: Software Updation
The Nespresso Vertuo Next app provides you with the new updated software, but if you have not updated any software, then this blinking style recommends you update the software.
Solution: Update The Software
Update the software from the Nespresso App. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem, but in case the problem is not solved, check the water level in the water tank, ensure the machine is locked, and make sure the capsule is placed correctly.
13. Why Is There No Light On The Coffee Button Of My Vertuo Next?
Just after turning on your Nespresso Vertuo Next, If the coffee button is not showing light, make sure to plug in your Nespresso Vertuo Next first. The same thing happened to me. Then after a while, I found that I didn’t plug the machine into the outlet—an absurd thing for me.
For a detailed review, you can see point #1.
14. My Vertuo Next Machine Doesn’t Start, And Light Blinks. Why?
Everybody expects to have a good performance from the Nespresso Vertuo Next, but this not working of the machine and blinking irritates every user. To be honest, this blinking is for your help. So you do not have to be frustrated about it.
Problem: Nespresso Vertuo Next Doesn’t Start And Light Blinks
The easy ways to resolve the problem are given below, but you should also be familiar with the cause. Therefore the solutions, along with the reasons, are provided here.
Cause 1: Insufficient Water
The main reasons for this blinking are insufficient water in the water tank and an improperly locked handle.
Solution: Pour Water Into The Water Tank
So fill the water tank and lock the handle; ultimately light will stop blinking.
Cause 2: Need For Descaling
Your Nespresso Vertuo Next needs descaling.
Solution: Descale The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Descale your Nespresso Vertuo Next (the descaling process is available in point#6,”Why Is My Vertuo Next Making Coffee That Is Not Hot Enough”).
Related video: how to descale the Nespresso Vertuo Next?
However, don’t be confused about which kind of blinking exactly indicates the need to descale the Nespresso Vertuo Next because you know your machine better than the machine itself. So if you have been using the coffee maker for a long time without descaling it, then this blinking could be a sign of it.
15. Light Blinks While My Vertuo Next Machine Is Running. What To Do?
When you press the coffee button, the light blinks on the coffee button. If coffee comes out of the machine, it is ok. But if only water comes out of it, it’s an alarm from the Nespresso Vertuo Next for many reasons.
Problem: Light Blinks While Nespresso Vertuo Next Is Running
Calm down! Don’t worry if the Nespresso Vertuo next is not properly working and the coffee button is blinking. Here are the solutions.
Cause 1: Needs Descaling Or Cleaning
The machine needs to be either descaled, cleaned, or emptied.
Solution: Descale Or Clean The Nespresso Vertuo Next
Perform the descaling and cleaning of your Nespresso Vertuo Next. You can find the descaling procedure from the previous point.
Cause 2: Descaling Mode Is On
If you have already done these processes, and the issue remains, then the Nespresso Vertuo Next is in the descaling mode.
Solution: Get The Machine Out Of The Descaling Mode
You can exit the descaling mode by just pressing or holding the coffee button for at least 7 seconds.
Cause 3: Software Needs To Be Updated
If you are also using the Nespresso App and have recently paired your Nespresso Vertuo Next, this will happen to you, as the Nespresso Vertuo Next is going through some software updation.
Solution; Do Software Updation
Restart the Nespresso Vertuo Next machine by plugging out the power cord from the outlet and then plugging it back. Wait for 3 minutes until the light becomes steady.
If problems persist, call Nespresso service.
Cause 4: Brew Unit Or Spinner Is Blocked
The brew unit is blocked. I am talking about the round part of the Nespresso Vertuo Next which is present on the inside of the head of the machine. When you open the head, you can easily find this round part by just looking a bit at the inside of the head of the machine.
Solution: Clean Your Brewer
Follow the simple procedure given below.
- Open the head of the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
- You can see the round area (or you can call it a spinner) under the head.
- Clean it with tissue.
- Gently try to move the round area in both directions.
- After it begins to move, start the brewing process again.
Cause 5: Blocked Capsule
A capsule is blocked in your Nespresso Vertuo Next, which does not allow water pumping. Hence you see no coffee coming out of the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
Solution: Free The Nespresso Vertuo Next From This Blocked Capsule
Open the head of the Nespresso Vertuo Next and check the position of the inserted capsule and empty the capsule container.
Cause 6: Descaling Is In Demand
Your machine needs descaling.
Solution: Remove The Mineral Deposits By Descaling
Descale the Nespresso Vertuo Next, according to the guidelines in the given video;
Video link: descaling process
You can also see the procedure of descaling in point #6 (other than the blinking points).
Cause 7: Descaling Mode Is On
Your machine is already in the descaling mode, for which the light blinks on the coffee button.
Solution: Descaling Mode Should Be Removed
You should exit the descaling mode by pressing the coffee button for at least 7 seconds.
Cause 8: Low Water Level
The water level is not high enough.
Solution: Increase The Amount Of Water
Fill the water tank with adequate fresh drinking water.
Cause 9: Damaged Capsule
The capsule is damaged.
Solution: Use A New Capsule
Place a new capsule in its place.
Cause 10: Overheated
Your Nespresso Vertuo Next is overheated.
Solution: Let The Nespresso Vertuo Next Cool Down
Turn off the Nespresso Vertuo Next by pressing the coffee button for 3 seconds, then turn it on by again pressing the coffee button, and let the machine cool down for 20 minutes.
Cause 11: The Nespresso Vertuo Next Is Preparing Coffee
The Nespresso Vertuo Next is preparing coffee, and the coffee button keeps blinking during the brewing process.
Solution: Wait For 2 Minutes
If you see the coffee button blinking after pressing it for brewing and no coffee is coming out of the spout, just wait for 2 minutes.
Note: It takes 2 minutes before the start of the flow. Hence, just after pressing the coffee button, you apparently see nothing coming out of the Nespresso Vertuo Next, but it does not mean that the machine is not working. The flow will start after a specific time.
But if the coffee button is blinking in a specific pattern, you should read the next point.
17. Why Does My Vertuo Next Light Blink Alternately 2 Blinks And 1 Pause?
When the light flashes alternately, 2 blinks, and 1 pause, something is wrong with the Nespresso Vertuo Next. Different causes and their solution are given below;
Problem: Light Blinks Alternately 2 Blinks And 1 Pause
Solutions to problems can be similar, but you need to know about all the possible solutions and their related cause.
Cause 1: Capsule Is Damaged
There is a damaged capsule in the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
Solution: Place A New Capsule
Open the head of the machine and place a new capsule. Empty the capsule container.
Cause 2: The Machine Is Unlocked
You did not lock the Nespresso Vertuo Next properly and it is still unlocked. The Nespresso Vertuo Next can’t brew in the unlocked position.
Solution: Lock The Machine
Follow the steps below to lock your life helper the Nespresso Vertuo Next as it helps you in surviving by providing you with hot coffee.
- Open the head of the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
- Push down the head.
- Move the handle towards the lock symbol.
Cause 3: Low Level Of Water
The water tank is lacking a sufficient amount of water for the brewing or cleaning processes.
Solution: Fill The Water Tank
Fill the water tank with a sufficient amount of water.
Cause 4: The Spinner Should Be Cleaned
The spinner or brew unit needs to be cleaned. The spinner is present on the inside of the head of the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
Solution: Clean It
Clean your machine’s spinner as per guidance.
- Open the head of the machine.
- Clean the spinner in the head of the machine.
18. Why Is My Vertuo Next Light Alternately Blinking 3 Times And Then Becoming Steady?
The alternatively blinking of light 3 times informs you of the need for descaling. However, if the light is still blinking in the same way, check the following;
- If the capsule container is empty and cleaned.
- The machine is locked.
- The water tank has enough water.
To help you make an easygoing cup of coffee, I have given you a complete explanation of every problem. Even if you get stuck at a point, you should read that point again because you may skip the solution in a hurry. I’m sure that the second time, you will get the answer to your question.
If you cannot resolve the issue after reading this article, you must reach out to Nespresso customer support for further assistance.
Furthermore, you should also know how to use Nespresso Vertuo Next and be confident about your purchase by reading Nespresso Vertuo Next Machine review. Also, if you want to search for the best Nespresso machines, click on this “Best Nespresso Machines” because the best machines are waiting for you.
Now after doing such hard work to fix the problem, you should enjoy a cup of delicious coffee. So go, brew a cup, and enjoy.
1. Why Isn’t My Nespresso Vertuo Next Working?
There could be many reasons why your Nespresso Vertuo Next is not working. Here you can see some common causes;
- Power source: Ensure the outlet is working and the machine is adequately plugged in.
- Capsule placement: Ensure the correct position of the capsule in the machine.
- Water tank: Ensure the tank is in its place and filled properly.
- Machine blockage: The machine needs to be descaled or cleaned correctly.
- Machine software: If your Nespresso Vertuo Next is not working yet, there is any software issue that you need to resolve.
2. How Do I Reset My Nespresso Vertuo Next Machine?
Do you want to reset your Nespresso Vertuo Next to the factory setting? That’s not a big deal—work according to the given guidelines.
1. Close the head of the machine
2. Maintain the “UNLOCKED” position of the machine.
3. Within 3 seconds, press the button five times.
4. To confirm that the reset is complete, the button will gently blink five times.
3. Why Is Nothing Coming Out Of My Nespresso Machine?
If nothing is coming out of the Nespresso machine, and you are searching for troubleshooting tips, you should go through the following factors;
- Check if there are any coffee grounds around the needle on the inner side of the head of your machine because these grounds can block the flow of water.
- Also, air bubbles are developed in the machine, mainly on the backside of your Nespresso Vertuo Next, preventing water flow from the water tank into the machine. You can look into the most effortless process for removing these air bubbles in the heading of “Nespresso Vertuo Next Not Pumping Water” in this blog post.
4. How Do I Get My Nespresso Vertuo Next To Work?
You can use the instructions below to get your Nespresso Vertuo Next to working:
- Fill the water tank with fresh drinking water.
- Please turn on the device by plugging it into an electrical socket and pressing the coffee button ( or, in some cases, just by closing the head of your machine).
- Wait until the light becomes steady to signal that the machine has warmed up.
- Under the coffee outlet, place a cup.
- Open the head of the machine and place a Nespresso Vertuo capsule into the capsule chamber.
- To begin brewing, close the head of the machine and press the coffee button.
- The device will shut off automatically after the brewing is finished.
- Take out the capsule, and dispose of it.
- Enjoy your hot cup of coffee.
5. There are no firmware upgrades available for my Vertuo Next. What should I do?
The device needs to be plugged in and connected to wifi to get firmware upgrades. Make sure to leave the machine plugged in overnight because updates take place overnight. The Nespresso Vertuo Next is energy-efficient, hence, it uses no energy even when it is plugged in, and turns itself off after two minutes of inactivity.