I am a true coffee lover and a fan of espresso machines and drip coffee makers as they grind fresh coffee beans and deliver a perfect cup of an espresso shot. My amazing experience has been with a Breville Barista Express. I grind my whole beans on my own with its integrated grinder. But when I started my job, I ran out of time and decided to fulfill my caffeine consumption through a Starbucks coffee shop. I used to drink coffee regularly along with pastries and cheesecakes. But after some time, I ran out of budget, so I started to search for budget-friendly alternatives. My friend suggested French Press, — AeroPress, — Moka Pot, and Percolators, but they did not brew authentic espresso. Another advised instant coffee packets and single-serve coffee bags like tea bags, but these things are best for office use.
I wanted an espresso machine that delivered me a drink in less time, so I searched for that brewer. I thought I would buy a coffee machine for temporary use, and when I get stable, I will buy a premium model. While searching, I saw two types of Nespresso machines; OriginalLine and VertuoLine. I chose Nespresso Gran Maestria. It was a discontinued model, so I bought it for temporary use.
When I used and brewed drinks with it, its advanced features/services and coffee settings delivered great drinks and gave me a spectacular experience. Now, my habit of going to coffee shops has gone away. Here is a complete description of my experience with this machine and details of its features/services, pros, cons, and settings.
With a large 47 oz water reservoir and ten brew sizes, Nespresso Gran Maestria, is one of the luxury and premium modes. It is 12.6” wide and has a 15.1 lbs weight. It comes with an Aeroccino3 frother and allows you to brew milk-based beverages in the comfort of your home. It is a complete coffee station; unfortunately, it is a discontinued model. If you want a small, compact machine, check out Nespresso Essenza Mini or Gran Lattissima (upgraded version of Gran Maestria).
Key Features And Specifications of Nespresso Gran Maestria
|Dimensions||12.6″W x 11.8″H x 15.0″D|
|Brew Sizes||Ten sizes from 0.85 – 5.05 oz|
|Water Reservoir||47 oz|
|Milk Container||Aeroccino3 frother included|
|Frother||Aeroccino3 frother included|
|Used Capsule container capacity||14 used pods|
|US/CA Partners||DeLonghi & Breville|
|UK Partners||Krups & Magimix|
|Other Features||Auto-Off after 9 minutes and 25-second heat-up time|
Pros And Cons Of Nespresso Gran Maestria
|Powerful 19-bar pressure pump||It is discontinued|
|Sturdy internal construction prevents it from breaking||ABS plastic is prone to scuffing|
|Can work with inexpensive third-party pods||—-|
|Offers Ten brew sizes||—-|
Related Content: How to Use A Nespresso Gran Maestria
Nespresso Machine Overview
Nespresso offers two lines; OriginalLine and VertuoLine
OriginalLine machines: These machines use powerful 19 bars pressure and extract the perfect flavor and premium aromas from OriginalLine Nespresso Pods. They deliver fantastic espresso shots with dense crema. These machines are compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine pods and third-party Nespresso pods and are best for those who drink coffee regularly.
VertuoLine machines use the Centrifusion technique, scan the pod barcode, spin the pods at 7000 RPM, and pull the desired shot. These machines work well with VertuoLine pods only, but after the Nespresso and Starbucks partnership, they are also compatible with Starbucks by Nespresso Vertuoline pods. — VertuoLine machines are best for those who drink coffee now and then.
Nespresso Gran Maestria Espresso Machine Overview
One of the premium and luxury Nespresso models, the Gran Maestria offers ten brew sizes. It has two knobs;
- One adjusted espresso brew size from 0.85 to 2 oz
- Another adjusts lungo brew size from 2.37 to 5.05 oz
It comes with a cup warmer that reaches 188 degrees Fahrenheit. It also allows you to brew latte, cappuccino, or other milk beverages as it comes with an Aeroccino3 milk frother. However, it does not allow you to brew and froth simultaneously. It does not combine espresso and foam with one touch. If you want that feature, check out Nespresso CitiZ & Milk.
Nespresso Gran Maestria Parts & Design
When I opened the box of Gran Maestria, it was a large and heavy machine. I had much counter space, so I did not face any problem fitting it in the desired place. It has two knobs; one offers five different brew sizes of espresso, and the other offers five brew sizes for lungo. It also includes a cup warmer and Aeroccino3 milk frother. In short, Gran Maestria is a complete coffee station.
Nespresso Gran Maestria Water Tank
Gran Maestria includes a large 47 oz water reservoir. It allows me to brew several drinks without refilling. The water tank is positioned at the back of the machine, is transparent, removable, and easily accessible.
Brewing Process — Quick And Convenient
Gran Maestria offers a quick and easy brewing process. I followed the manual instructions, filled the water tank, inserted the capsule, warmed the cup on the cup warmer, and adjusted the espresso brew size. The machine delivered me an espresso shot with unforgettable taste and dense crema. After brewing, the machine automatically ejects the capsule. The 5 espresso brew sizes include; 0.85, 1.01oz, 1.35. 1.69, and 2.02oz; the 5 lungo brew sizes include; 2.36, 3.04, 3.72, 4.39, and 5.07oz.
Nespresso Gran Maestria Descaling
The descaling of Gran Maestria is easy and done with the descaling solution. The process took only 15-20 minutes; for more detail, visit the link below.
Nespresso Gran Maestria Troubleshooting
- If your machine is not working properly, describe it or reset it to the factory setting.
- If there is a low amount of coffee or no coffee, clean your machine or descale it if necessary.
Nespresso Maestria Price
Before buying, I searched for Gran Maestria on many online stores. Its price is $349 on Amazon and $179.95 on eBay. I bought this luxury model from Amazon, a trustworthy and reliable site. I found the Gran Maestria quite affordable as it has many features, settings, a large reservoir, and offers ten brew sizes.
- Programmable auto-off feature after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- Adjustable cup support allows you to brew in small and large mugs.
- It includes a cup warmer that warms the cup and reaches 188 degrees Fahrenheit in no time.
Is Nespresso Gran Maestria Best For You?
Gran Maestria is best for you if you are a true espresso lover. It is a complete set that offers speed, convenience, luxury and ease. The large 47 oz water reservoir, 25 seconds fast heat-up time, auto-off feature, ten brew sizes, and Aeroccino3 milk frother make one of the premium Nespresso models.
- If you want to enjoy milk-based beverages and want a machine with an integrated frother and a wide variety of preset beverages, search for one of the Lattissima series.
- If you want to control your frothing or brewing process manually, one of the Creatista machines is the best option.
- If you are addicted to long coffees and want to brew your coffee with Vertuo Pods, choose the Breville VertuoPlus Deluxe machine, as it offers long coffee in 5 different sizes.
- If you want to brew splendid long coffees, espresso, hot chocolate, tea, and drip coffee without stepping into a coffee shop, check out the Keurig K-classic coffee maker.
- If you are fond of only espresso-based beverages such as espresso, lungo, and ristretto, upgrade your preferences to the Nespresso CitiZ machine.
- If you want to grind your whole fresh beans on your own and brew a wide variety of drinks, then Breville Barista Express with an integrated grinder and frother is meant for you.
- If you like to brew coffee with Nespresso capsules and Keurig K-cup pods, then purchase Instant Pod, as it is compatible with both Nespresso capsules and Keurig K-cup pods.
How do you use Nespresso Gran Maestria?
It is very easy to use Gran Maestria and brew beverages with it. Fill the water tank, place your desired cup, insert the capsule, and start brewing. For more detail, watch the below video.
How do I clean/descale my Nespresso Maestria?
Descaling of Gran Maestria is easy and done with the descaling solution. The process took only 15-20 minutes; for more detail, visit the link below.
Can Gran Maestria Make Lungo?
Gran Maestria has two knobs; one allows you to brew 0.85 to 2 oz espresso, while the other knob offers 2.37 to 5.05 oz lungo. Insert the capsule, adjust your brew size, and brew your lungo shot.
Is Gran Maestria discontinued?
Gran Maestria has been discontinued and is not available on Nespresso, but it is widely available on Amazon, William Sonoma, and many online stores. You can buy it from any of these online sites as they offer a money-back guarantee.
Which Nespresso coffee machines are best for you?
All Nespresso coffee machines are reliable and brew high-quality and authentic drinks. Which model to choose depends on your preferences.
- If you are addicted to long coffees and want to brew long coffees like Keurig coffee makers, search for one of the VertuoLine machines.
- If you want a machine with an integrated frother and a wide variety of preset beverages, search for one of the Lattissima series.
- If you want a machine with an integrated frother and manually control the frothing or brewing process, search for one of the Creatista machines.
- If you dislike brewing milk-based beverages and want a slim and compact espresso machine, check out Nespresso Essenza Mini.
Read More Nespresso OriginalLine Machine Reviews from Coffee Aim
Read More Nespresso VertuoLine Machine Reviews from Coffee Aim
|Nespresso Vertuo Machine Review|
|Nespresso VertuoPlus Machine Review|
|Nespresso Vertuo Next Machine Review|
|Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Review|
|Nespresso Evoluo Review|