The Nespresso Gran Maestria is a premium coffee machine that offers a range of features for coffee lovers. However, like any other appliance, it may encounter issues that can affect its performance. In this article, I’ll provide a complete guide on troubleshooting your Nespresso Gran Maestria if it’s not working correctly.
The first step in troubleshooting your Nespresso Gran Maestria is identifying the problem. I’ll discuss the most common issues that users encounter, such as the machine not turning on, coffee not brewing, and the device not dispensing water.
So let’s start!
Congratulations on owning a Nespresso Gran Maestria! You have now become a part of a community of coffee lovers who appreciate the convenience and quality of Nespresso coffee pods. However, like any other coffee machine, your Nespresso Gran Maestria may experience some problems from time to time. Don’t worry; you’re not alone! In this writing, I will emphasize some of the most common and exclusive problems Nespresso Gran Maestria owners may face. So, let’s dive in!
You might experience issues with the water flow, coffee quality, or the machine’s functionality. Some of the most widespread troubles include the device not turning on, not heating up, or the milk frother not working correctly. On the other hand, some only issues are more specific to the Nespresso Gran Maestria model, such as the descaling light not turning off or the milk frother not producing enough foam.
These problems can be frustrating, especially when you only want a delicious cup of coffee. However, don’t worry because most issues have a simple solution. In the next segment, I will lead you on how to get started and provide solutions to these common problems. So, keep reading!
Before we dive into troubleshooting the Nespresso Gran Maestria, you must ensure that you have the necessary tools on hand. Having these tools readily available will make it easier to diagnose and fix any issues that may arise. Here are the essential tools that you’ll need:
- Nespresso Coffee Pods
These pods are specially designed to work with the Nespresso Gran Maestria, and using other brands may cause the machine to malfunction. Therefore, it’s essential to use only Nespresso coffee pods to ensure optimal machine performance.
- Descaling Solution
Descaling your Nespresso Gran Maestria regularly is crucial to maintaining its performance and longevity. A descaling solution helps to remove any mineral buildup that may occur due to hard water.
Of course, you’ll need water to make coffee! I highly recommend using filtered or bottled water to avoid affecting the machine’s performance.
- Clean, Damp Cloth
Keeping the machine clean is essential for proper functioning. A clean, wet cloth will help you wipe the device and keep it in top condition.
- Milk Jug
If you plan to use the milk frother, having a milk jug on hand will make it easier to froth milk to the desired consistency.
Having these essential tools on hand will help make troubleshooting your Nespresso Gran Maestria much more manageable. In the next section, we will discuss ten common problems that users face and provide solutions to help fix them.
Problem 1: What To Do If My Nespresso Gran Maestria Shows No Light?
Your Nespresso Gran Maestria shows light on the Lungo/Espresso button for multiple purposes. The blinking of lights indicates your machine is in heating mode, and after almost 25 seconds, when you get steady lights on buttons, it means your coffee maker is ready to brew. Were you also enjoying the same? But this time, it is not showing any light. Don’t worry! Accompany me to know the causes and solutions of this trouble:
Cause 1: Your Nespresso Gran Maestria Has Turned OFF Automatically
If your Nespresso machine is on and suddenly the button light gets off, your coffee maker must be turned “OFF” automatically.
Note: The machine turns off automatically after nine minutes of no use to save energy. So don’t worry.
Solution: Turn The Nespresso Gran Maestria ON
Press the On/Off button to turn your Nespresso Gran Maestria ON. You can also “UNLOCK” it by pushing the lever up. If the problem persists, contact Nespresso. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Cause 2: The Power Source Is Damaged
If you plug your Nespresso Gran Maestria into the power outlet and the lights on the Espresso or Lungo buttons are not illuminating, there is an issue with the power source.
Solution: Check The Mains, Plug, Voltage, And Fuse
You must check all the mains ( plug, voltage, and fuse) for any damage before plugging the switch of the coffee maker into the power source. It is also possible that your Nespresso’s power specification does not match your home power source. Ensure that the power source’s voltage is the same as your coffee maker requires (220-240V).
In case the problem persists, call the Nespresso Club. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Note: In an emergency, remove the plug from the power socket. Plug your Nespresso Gran Maestria into an easily accessible, suitable, and earthed mains connection. The use of an incorrect link voids the guarantee.
Problem 2: What Should I Do If There Is No Coffee, No Water?
Your cravings for a hot cup of coffee bring you near your coffee maker. What is this, as your coffee maker is flowing neither coffee nor water? Oh no! Don’t spoil your mood! As I am here to take you out of this trouble. You can face this problem when you use your Nespresso Gran Maestria for the first time, after emptying, or after a long period of no use. Primarily, you require to know the reason for these mishaps. So let’s begin:
Cause 1:The Water Is Not Up to The Max Fill Line In Water Tank
An empty or under-filled water tank can be the root cause of this issue. You may not fill it up to the MAX FILL line. Nespresso machines don’t have low water sensors, so you should check the water tank before operating your coffee maker.
Solution: Fill The Water Tank Upto Max Fill Line
Fill the water reservoir with fresh potable drinking water to the recommended MAX FILL level.
Cause2: Improperly Placed Water Tank
You didn’t place the water tank correctly. Therefore the coffee maker is not producing any coffee or water.
Solution: Place The Water Tank Properly
Check the placement of the water tank, and if you did not place it correctly, then put it accurately again. Congratulations! Now you can enjoy your favorite frothy coffee.
Cause 3: Damaged Capsule
The capsule you are using is not in perfect condition. That’s why your coffee maker is neither dispensing water nor coffee.
Solution: Use Fresh Capsule
Use a new and fresh capsule to operate your device perfectly.
Cause 4: Improperly Placed Capsule
You are not inserting the capsule correctly. As a result, your coffee maker is not brewing coffee or water.
Solution: Place Capsule Properly
Place the OriginalLine capsule into your Nespresso Gran Maestria by pulling the lever. As you open the lever, insert the capsule sidewise ( front side of the tablet towards the front side of the coffee maker) from a near distance so that it drops into its place naturally. Then close the lever until you hear a click.
Cause5: Improperly Locked Lever
After inserting the capsule, when you don’t lock the lever completely, the coffee maker can not start operating, and you can’t enjoy coffee resultantly.
Answer: Lock The Lever Perfectly
Lower the lever and press it gently until you hear the clicking sound of locking the lever correctly.
Cause 6: Your Machine Needs Cleaning
If you don’t clean your coffee maker regularly, then coffee grounds residue accumulates in the coffee maker. Water hardness also affects the normal functioning of the machine. Routine cleaning is the most reasonable way to run your lovely device professionally.
Solution: Clean Your Nespresso Gran Maestria
Clean your coffee maker in detail, and then see if it can work properly.
Have you no idea about cleaning your Nespresso Gran Maestria?
Then follow me!
- First, lift the cup support to remove the maintenance unit from the machine in an upright position.
- Then withdraw the maintenance unit in a single piece, and you can assemble and disassemble it quickly for cleaning.
- Now you can remove the cup heater grill to clean.
- Mix soap in water in an open container.
- Now take a brush and dip it into that soapy solution.
- Then rub the bottom of the coffee maker with the brush.
- After rubbing, take a dry and clean towel to clear the sanded area.
- Now place back the drip tray and put a coffee mug on it.
- Then open and close the lever ten times without inserting any capsule and run the coffee maker. A lot of dirty stuff comes out of the coffee maker.
- Remove the coffee mug, which is full of dirty solutions.
- Again open and close the lever ten times without inserting the capsule.
- Take a toothbrush. Dip into the same soapy solution.
- Use a paper towel to cover the capsule container while rubbing the capsule container firmly with the toothbrush.
- Place an empty cup on the cup container. Close and open the lever ten times and run the machine.
- More junk stuff comes out of the coffee maker.
- Repeat this procedure a couple of times.
Cause7: The Machine Requires Descaling
When you keep heating water in the coffee maker, calcium molecules get separated from water and sediment in the machine leaving limescale in its place.
Coffee grounds residues also entangle the coffee maker, slowing the whole functioning. Therefore, you should descale your Nespresso Gran Maestria from time to time.
Solution: Descale Your Nespresso Gran Maestria
Descale your Nespresso Gran Maestria as soon as possible to enjoy a hot and healthy cup of coffee again by removing all the leftovers of water and coffee grounds. So let’s start:
Note:The descaling solution can be harmful, so avoid using it with skin, eyes, and other surfaces. Don’t use anything else rather than the Nespresso descaling kit available at Nespresso Club to avoid any hazardous results to your Nespresso machine.
Note: This procedure takes approximately twenty minutes.
1. Turn your coffee maker off and set the Lungo button to 1 and the Espresso button to 4.
2. Pull and close the lever to eject any used capsule.
3. Now empty the capsule container and drip tray.
4. While turning the machine on, press the Espresso button to enter descaling mode. The steady orange middle light confirms the descaling method.
5. Now pour two descaling agents liquids into the water tank and fill the rest with cold and fresh tap water.
6. Then place a cup on the cup heater and hold down on three ribs until the drip tray is about to fill. Empty the drip tray and replace and continue this procedure until the middle and right lights turn steady. Keep on emptying and replacing the drip tray.
7. Now place a container of one and a half liters under the coffee outlet.
8. Then press the Lungo button to start descaling the coffee outlet. The red light blinks now.
9. Now, a mix of start and stop options occurs. Don’t touch the machine during this operation until the water tank becomes empty.
10. As the operation completes, the right light stops blinking, and the left light starts blinking. Then empty and rinse the drip tray, capsule container, and water tank and replace all of them.
11. Now fill the water tank with fresh drinking water.
12. Then turn the Lungo dial to 2 to activate the rinse mode.
13. Now repeat step number 6 to rinse the cup heater system.
Note: Make sure to rinse the cup after performing the descaling procedure.
14. Then replace the empty container according to step num seven and press the Lungo button to rinse the coffee outlet.
15. As the steady light appears, empty the container and drip tray and replace them.
Your Nespresso Gran Maestria is ready for use now.
Problem 3: What To Do If Coffee Is Not Hot Enough?
A hot cup of coffee is my only urge whether I have to start a full, busy day or at night when I have had a hectic day. What’s the use of taking it if it is not hot enough to open my eyes in the morning and relax my nerves at night? Do you, too, feel the same? Then let’s move together to know why coffee makers are not generating a hot cup. And how can we again enjoy the hotness of our hot drink?
Without any further delay, let’s start:
Cause1: You Are Using Cold Cup
If your cup is too cold, then it can absorb the heat energy of your drink and make it hard too. So it would help if you warm your cup to keep your coffee hot.
Solution: Preheat The Cup
If you preheat the cup, then you can enjoy a hot cup of coffee once again. Do you know how to preheat your mug of coffee? No idea? Then let me tell you:
How To Preheat Your Cup Of Coffee?
You can preheat your cup of coffee with two tricks:
- Pour hot water into your cup of coffee.
- After a few seconds, withdraw that hot water.
Now your cup is hot enough to maintain the hotness of your coffee.
- Rinse your mug of coffee with warm water.
Your cup is hot now. Take advantage of a cup warmer to warm your cup, as Nespresso Gran Maestria has this unique feature. Enjoy your hot cup of coffee and feel enthusiastic again!
Cause2:Machine Needs Descaling
You didn’t descale your Nespresso Gran Maestria for a long time; therefore, calcium and magnesium build-ups are blocking the way of coffee and making it cold.
Solution: Descale Your Nespresso Gran Maestria
Descale your lovely coffee maker by following the procedure mentioned above of “Descale your Nespresso Gran Maestria” under “Problem no 2 (Cause 7)” and enjoy its perfect functioning again!
Problem 4: Why Is Irregular Blinking Lights On Aeroccino Dial When Aeroccino Is Positioned On Base?
If the Aeroccino dial is blinking irregular lights, then it is a sign that it is heating up too quickly. This blinking indicates several mishaps. Let’s investigate them one by one to know which is the root cause of your trouble:
Cause1: You Are Using Immediately After The First Use
Aeroccino has a thermostat that stops the spinning and heating of milk if the temperature is too high. It saves Aeroccino from burning out. As you are using Aeroccino when it is already heating up, that is why it is showing strange lighting.
Solution: Give A Cold Bath
Aeroccino is in urgent need of a cold rinse to get back to its normal functioning. Let your aeroccino rest briefly to cool down and operate smoothly.
Cause 2: Aeroccino Is Filthy
You are not cleaning Aeroccino after every use. Therefore, the traces of milk in the jug heat it faster than intended. As a result, it stops spinning and flashes a red light.
Solution: Clean Out Aeroccino
A thorough cleaning of the is required to get rid of the random lighting and to get back to normal functioning.
Have you no idea about cleaning Aeroccino? Let me make it easy for you:
- Switch off your Nespresso Gran Maestria and unplug it.
- Let it cool down if it is hot.
- Now remove the jug from the base.
- Also, remove the seal from the lid of Aeroccino.
- Then remove the whisk and then spring from the whisk.
- Now wash all these disassembled parts with detergent and rinse with warm water.
- Do not put the Aeroccino jug in the dishwasher. Also, avoid immersing it in the water for cleaning purposes.
- The bottom part of the jug contains the electrical plug, so don’t wash it.
- Clean the interior of the Aeroccino jar with detergent and rinse with warm water.
- Then use a soft, clean, and wet cloth to clean the inner part of the jug. Do this cleaning with extreme care.
- Don’t use any abrasive cleaning materials.
- Now dry all the disassembled parts of Merino with a clean and soft towel, cloth, or paper.
- Reassemble all the disintegrated pieces.
- Congratulations! Your Aeroccino jug is now ready to go!
Cause 3: Milk Is Not Enough
As milk is not enough in the jug. Therefore it is blinking red lights.
Solution: Fill Aeroccino Up To The Max Fill Line
Two max levels are mentioned on the Aeroccino jug. Fill the Aeroccino jug up to Max fill line, and now it is good to go.
Cause 4: Whisk Is Not Perfectly Attached
When the whisk is not correctly attached to the jug, you can witness red blinking lights.
Solution: Attach The Whisk Properly
As you attach the whisk perfectly, the jug starts operating smoothly.
Cause 5: Base Is Wet
When the base of the Aeroccino is wet, it starts blinking rapidly.
Solution: Dry The Base
Make sure the base is dry before starting to operate the Aeroccino. Use a soft and clean cloth to dry the bottom of the jug.
I hope the problem is resolved now that you can enjoy your frothy coffee. Not yet? Then it’s time to call Nespresso Customer Service. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Note: Clean the base and bottom of the Aeroccino jug after every use.
Problem 5: No Lights On Aeroccino Dial When Aeroccino Positioned On Base.
So your Aeroccino jug is not indicating any light when you place it on base. WellIt be a severe problem as you may have to contact the Nespresso agent. However, first, let’s try to deal with it by ourselves:
Cause 1: Aeroccino Jug Is Not Properly Placed
When you don’t place the jug on the base, refuse to start.
Solution: Place The Aeroccino Jug Properly
Fix the Aeroccino jug perfectly on the base floor and see how it is.
Cause 2: Whisk Is Not Correctly Attached
When the whisk is not perfectly attached to the jug, then you can’t start the operation.
Solution: Attach The Whisk Correctly
Put the whisk softly in the Aeroccino jug on the specified area to start the operation immediately.
If you have applied all the above, your Aeroccino jug is still not working, so it’s time to approach the Nespressrepresentativeto to regain the normal functioning of the Aeroccino jug. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Note: Clean the base and bottom of the Aeroccino jug.
Problem 6: What To Do If The Lever Cannot Be Closed Completely?
When you close the lever completely, you can only operate your coffeemaker. If you cannot complete the lever, then it indicates that something is entangled (most probably a capsule) in the capsule container. So let’s see how you can eliminate this trouble to enjoy your refreshing cup of coffee again.
Cause: Capsule Container Is Blocked
When something is entangled in the capsule container,n hinders the proper lever closing. Therefore, the coffee maker can’t get started.
Solution: Empty The Capsule Container
Remove the capsule container by pulling it toward yourself and discard all the used capsules. Now place it back and try closing the lever.
Problem 7: What Can I Do If There Is Leakage Or Unusual Coffee Flow?
If you see water under your Nespresso Gran Maestria or water dripping from your machine, then be sure it is a leakage. Now you may wonder how it exactly happened! Don’t worry! Let me sort it out for you.
Cause 1: The Water Tank Is Positioned Improperly
The top culprit is that the water tank is improperly positioned on the coffee maker, causing a leak from the bottom, and water accumulates under the machine.
Solution: Place The Water Tank Properly
Place the water tank perfectly on the base at the back of your Nespresso Gran Maestria and resolve your problem
Cause2: Coffee Outlet Is Dirty
We keep fulfilling our cravings for coffee without bothering to clean the coffee outlet. Coffee beans have oils to build oily residue in the coffee outlet. Water contains minerals that adhere to the coffee outlet and cause leakage as a so. Asian: Unclog The Coffee Outlet
Take the machine to the sink. The opposite post is under there. Let the water go directly into the nozzle. Stay for a few seconds. Then change the coffee maker and let the water come from the nozzle. Take your machine back. Run it. It is fixed now as the nozzle is dropping water full entirely
Cause 3: The Machine Needs To Be Descaled.
With time, the oily residue of coffee beans and water minerals keeps on building in all the parts of the coffeemaker and causing scaling. So descaling is necessary to get rid of all the build-ups. If you don’t descale your coffee maker for many months, it could be the top reason for your coffee maker’s leakage.
It will help if you descale your machine according to the steps mentioned in the section “Descale Your Nespresso Gran Maestria” under “Problem 2 (Cause 7)” for details.
Note: Descale your coffee maker after every three months or after using 300 capsules.
Problem 8: What Is The Reason For Steady Middle Orange Light?
So your Nespresso Gran Maestria started showing steady middle orange light suddenly nd, and you are getting worried about it? No need as I am here to tell you about the reason for this strange lighting and the solution to this problem.
So let’s start!
Cause: Descaling is Required
This orange lighting alerts you to descale your coffee maker as it has been a long time since you last saw it. If you are a novice and have no information about this procedure, then don’t worry.
Solution: Descale Your Nespresso Gran Maestria
It will help if you descale your machine according to the steps mentioned in the section “Descale Your Nespresso Gran Maestria” under “Problem 2 (Cause 7)” for details.
Problem 9: What Should I Do If There Is No Coffee, Only Water Comes Out?
(Despite Inserted Capsule)
So your Nespresso is only pouring water. Well, this problem is not indicating a single reason. There can be numerous reasons for this problem. Let’s check them one by one and cope with them.
Cause 1: Your Nespresso Gran Maestria Needs Cleaning
Clean your device thoroughly to make the flow of coffee possible. The residue of coffee hinders the flow of coffee as they store in the form of layers from time to time.
Solution: Clean Your Nespresso Gran Maestria
So now you must have your coffee maker to enjoy your hot and delicious coffee again. Clean your Nespresso Gran Maestria according to the steps mentioned in the section “Clean Your Nespresso Gran Maestria” under “Problem 2(Cause 6)”.
Note: Avoid using any potent agent or solvent cleaner. While cleaning with your hand, don’t use sharp objects like brushes or abrasives. Ensure cleaning after every use to avoid the build-ups of milk and residue.
Cause 2: Your Machine Needs Descaling
After cleaning your coffee maker, if the flow of coffee is still not possible, then descale your machine thoroughly.
Solution: Descale Your Machine
It will help if you descale your machine according to the steps mentioned in the section “Descale Your Nespresso Gran Maestria” under “Problem 2(Cause 7)” for details.
Cause 3: Your Brewer Needs To Be Empty
Your system may need an emptying process to work smoothly and prepare coffee efficiently. So let’s empty your system to operate it perfectly.
Solution: Empty Your Nespresso Gran Maestria
Operate your machine in a better way after emptying it.
- While turning the machine on, press and hold the Espresso button until the steady light becomes orange to enter menu mode.
- Now set the espresso button to position 3 for emptying.
- Then remove the water tank and lift lever.
- Now press the Lungo button to empty your coffee maker.
- As the coffee lights stop blinking, your coffee maker is ready.
- Then take the cup and place it on the cup heater upside down.
- Now activate the water flow by pressing on three ribs and empty the cup heater system.
- Keep holding down the cup until your coffee maker switches off automatically to indicate the end of the emptying process.
Note: Always empty your coffee maker after and before a long period of no use.
Note: Don’t use your coffee maker for twenty minutes after executing the emptying procedure, as it is blocked.
If the problem persists, then contact Nespresso Authorized agents. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Problem 10: Why Does My Machine Switch Itself Off Automatically?
If your Nespresso Gran Maestria turns off automatically, then don’t worry. To save energy, the coffee maker turns off automatically after nine minutes of inactivity. Do you want to change this setting? Yes? Then keep on walking with me.
Cause: Energy Saving Mode Is Active
Your machine has an in-built automatic shut-off setting that turns off the machdeviceomatically after nine minutes when you don’t use it to save energy.
Solution 1: Wake Up Your Machines
Turn your machine off by pulling the on/off button for three seconds. Then turn it on by pulling the same button again.
Solution 2: Change The Machine Settings
Let’s change the settings of your machine:
1. Turn on your coffee maker.
2. Enter menu mode by pressing and holding the espresso button.
3. Now, set the dial to the required settings.
4 . After setting the espresso dial to 1, state the lungo dial to the required settings.
5. Here are five numbers with options of five stages.
- Position 1: 9 minutes
- Position 2: 30 minutes
- Position 3: 60 minutes
- Position 4: 120 minutes
- Position 5: 8 hours
The factory setting of your coffee maker has changed now.
Problem 11: My Nespresso Gran Maestria Is Not Pumping Water.
You have tried multiple times and heard the voice as the pump is running but, your coffee maker is not pumping water and, you are cannon toyboy, your lovely hot drink.
Cause 1: Water Tank Is Out Of Water
When you operate your machine without water, then this problem arises.
Solution: Fill The Water Tank Up To The Max Fill Line
Fill the water reservoir up to the MAX FILL level for the smooth functioning of your coffee maker.
Cause2: The Water Tank Is Not Properly Placed
When the water tank is not perfectly placed on the base, the pump can’t pump the water as the coffee maker is not attached to the water supply properly.
Solution: Place The Water Tank Accurately
Fix the water tank perfectly on the base at the back of your coffee maker and enjoy the perfect operation.
Cause 3: Air Bubbles Are Blocking The Way Of Water
When you run a coffee maker with an empty water tank, air bubbles are produced inside the machine. Even if the water tank is tied to the max fill line, the water bubbles will hinder the passage, and the pump can’t pump the water through the machine.
Solution: Remove Air Bubbles
Get rid of these air bubbles and get your Nespresso Gran Maestria back to normal functioning.
To remove air bubbles, here is a very straightforward, quick-to-do trick.
So let’s start:
- Just invest your twenty seconds with a ziplock bag in your hand. There should be some air in the zip-lock bag. Push this bag into the water reservoir. A small amount of water is also required in the cesspool; turn your coffee maker on and prime.
- The problem is fixed.
Problem 12: My Aeroccino Frother Is Not Working.
So your milk frother has stopped working suddenly, and you are out of budget to buy a new frother. No need to waste a single penny as I am sharing easy and simple tricks to recover the functionality of your milk frother.
So let’s start:
Cause1: Dirt On The Electrical Contacts
A round plastic shape structure is at the device’s base to power the Aeroccino milk frother. There may be gunk, grease, or milk residue in this connector, especially if you have an overflow. If your milk frother is not working, this is a possible reason.
Solution: Clean The Contacts Entirely
Clean the contacts entirely and get your milk frother back to work!
What you need:
- Dish soap
- Methylated spirit
- A toothbrush
- A contact cleaner spray
How to clean the contacts?
- Switch off your Nespresso Gran Maestria.
- Unplug it.
- Then turn the frother canister upside down.
- Now check both the connections on the canister and the base station.
- Dip a brush in soapy water to rinse thoroughly until all the gunk is removed.
- Now rinse it and dry it thoroughly.
- Then dip the brush in spirit and scrub once again.
- Now give a generous spray of contact cleaner spray.
- There is no more gunk or residue on your milk frother, and it is ready to froth milk now. Right? Not yet? Then keep on scrolling down.
Cause 2: Gunk On The Magnetic Whisk
Milk residue builds up on the whisk with time. If you don’t remove and clean the whisk after every single brew, then this negligence is the cause of your problem. As the whisk fills with gunk, it can’t spin freely.
Solution: Give A Good Clean To Whisk
Give a good cleaning whisk with a powerful cleaning solution and resolve your trouble.
What you need:
- White vinegar
How to clean the whisk?
- Take a half cup of white vinegar and one tablespoon of salt and mix them entirely in a glass jar.
- Now dip the whisk in this solution for a few hours or overnight.
- Once soaked, remove, give a good rinse, and use a toothbrush for any residue that is left.
- Return the whisk to the milk frother, and you are good to go!
Cause 3: Broken Magnetic Whisk
Sometimes an occasional freak accident or general wear or tear leads to the breaking of the magnetic whisk attachment. When a small neodymium magnet falls and is lost, the magnetic whisk is useless.
Solution: Replace The Magnetic Whisk
Now you must replace the magnetic whisk as you can’t repair the last one.
Where can you buy it?
- You can buy it from Nespresso. However, it is not economical to purchase from there, and there are considerable delays in getting from them.
- It is better to order from Amazon as it is quick and economical.
Cause 4: The Type Of Milk Is Not Suitable For Frothing
Do you believe it is milk, and there is no difference between any type? Then this is the cause of your milk frother not working. How exactly? If you are using alternative milk like oat, soy, almond, etc., then your frother can’t froth them as quickly as conventional milk.
Solution: Choose Milk Wisely
The only solution is to choose the milk wisely if you want your frother to froth smoothly and perfectly. Milk higher in fat, less watery, and with little sugar is the most suitable milk. A few examples include goat milk, oat milk, whole milk, cashew milk, etc.
Cause 5: A Burnt Out Thermocouple
Thermocouple is a small electronic temperature sensor inside the milk frother. It monitors the milk temperature and turns the device off automatically once milk reaches the optimum temperature. When this device is damaged or burnt out, it can’t function correctly. It signals the controller that the desired temperature is achieved even when the operation is not milk frother turns on and then turns off immediately.
Solution: Replace The Thermocouple
Contact a technician to replace the damaged thermocouple. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Cause 6: A Burnt Out Heating Element
This is a little challenging task to deal with by oneself as it requires dealing with electricity. So it is good to contact a professional.
The heating element inside the milk frother has been burnt out. This heating element is a copper strip on a printed circuit board. These things can easily break down, so don’t worry.
Solution: Replace The Heating Element
Contact a Nespresso Professional agent to repair the heating element of your milk frother. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Problem 13: Why Does My Nespresso Gran Maestria Not Get Hot Enough?
If your Nespresso Gran Maestria is not getting hot enough, then you can’t enjoy your frothy cup of coffee as before. Let’s learn how you can go back to those glorious days!
Cause 1: Your Machine Is Not Clean
With time, coffee residue and water elements keep on accumulating in the coffee maker and making it hard for the machine to work smoothly. So when your Mac device is not heating water, it is dirty enough to require a complete cleaning.
Solution: Clean Your Machine
Clean your machine immediately to get it back to normal functioning. Don’t you know how to clean your device? Follow the procedure mentioned above of “Clean Nespresso Gran Maestria” under “Problem 2 (Cause 6)” for details.
I hope it works for you.
If not, then it’s time to contact your Nespresso Authorized agent to get back the perfect performance of your device. To know the contact details see the section “When to seek professional help” written below in this article.
Problem 14: Why The Quality Of Milk Froth Is Not Standard?
Suddenly you realize that the milk quality is not as perfect as it used to be. Well, this is not a severe problem. You can quickly ease back the same taste of milk froth as before. How is it possible?
Let me share the secrets with you one by one:
Cause 1: You Are Using the Wrong Type Of Milk
The quality of milk directly affects froth quality. If you are using milk of good quality, you shall get good foam as well. Frozen milk is not good enough for frothing.
Solution: Use Semi-skimmed Or Cold Milk
To get the best milk froth, use semi-skimmed or cold milk at a refrigerated temperature of about 4-6°C. To ensure hygienic conditions, use only heat-treated (pasteurized ), refrigerated, and freshly opened milk.
Note: Don’t add additives like chocolate powder, syrup, sugar, etc., into the jug. In this way, the coating may damage during operation. Avoid using powdered reconstituted milk, special enriched milk, and flavored milk. The froth results depend upon the protein content of the used milk.
Note: Don’t forget to clean and cool down the jug and whisk between the uses.
Problem 15: Why The Milk Overflows From Aeroccino?
So the milk is overflowing and spoiling your dear device and mood simultaneously. Don’t worry, and let me take you out of this mess!
Cause 1: Aeroccino Is Fill Above Than Max Fill Line
When you fill out Aericcuno more than the max fill level in a hurry, then this irritating situation arises.
Solution: Fill Aeroccino Up To The Max Fill Level
There are two maximum fill levels mentioned on the Aeroccino jug. If you use the frothing whisk (whisk with coil), then fill up to the bottom max level. If you are using the hot milk whisk ( whisk without ring), then fill the Aeroccino jug up to the top fill level. In this way, you can avoid milk overflowing.
Problem 16: Why The Aeroccino Whisk Is Not Spinning?
If the Aeroccino whisk is not spinning, how can you froth your milk? No way! So let’s check what’s wrong with the whisk!
Cause 1: Whisk Is Not Perfectly Attached
When you don’t attach the whisk properly to the jug, then the whisk can’t start spinning at all.
Solution: Attach The Whisk Properly
Fix the whisk perfectly, and then check the speed of the whisk!
Cause 2: Milk Is Not Enough To Froth
When you don’t fill the Aeroccino jug up to the max fill level, the whisk can’t rotate in the jar for frothing purposes.
Solution: Fill Aeroccino Jug Max Fill Level
Two max levels are mentioned inside the Aeroccino jug. Fill the up to the bottom fill level for frothing purposes of both types according to the season and the top level for hot milk.
Problem 17: Why Are Burn Marks On My Aeroccino?
Are you experiencing some strange burn marks on your Aeroccino suddenly? This is not such a big deal. Let’s remove them by joining hands together:
Cause: Burn Marks Are The Result Of The Build Up Of Milk Protein
These burn marks you are experiencing result from a build-up of milk protein over the heating element.
Solution: Remove The Burn Marks
To ensure the optimal use of the jug, remove these burn marks.
Having no idea about how to remove them? Then keep on accompanying me:
Follow these simple steps and observe the magical disappearance of the burn marks:
- Take cool water and a Teflon-approved or non-stick scourer.
- Use them on the inside surface of your Aeroccino jug to get rid of the milk residue patches.
- Do it after every use to keep your Aeroccino jug free of patches and scratches.
As you have fixed all the problems with your Nespresso Gran Maestria, it’s time to focus on preventing them from happening again. Regular maintenance is vital to keeping your coffee maker in good working condition and ensuring that you can enjoy delicious coffee every day without any hassle. Carefully observe these simple tips on how to clean and maintain your Nespresso Gran Maestria espresso machine to prevent future problems:
- Regularly clean the drip tray and water tank: Make sure to empty and clean the water tank and drip tray after each use. This prevents bacteria buildup and ensures that your coffee maker stays hygienic.
- Descale the machine every three months: Nespresso recommends descaling the device every three months to remove any mineral buildup. This is essential to ensure your engine runs smoothly and produces high-quality coffee.
- Use only Nespresso-compatible capsules: Using non-compatible tablets can cause clogging and other problems with your machine. Stick to Nespresso-approved pills to ensure a smooth and hassle-free brewing process.
- Clean the capsule container regularly: The container can get dirty and clogged over time, leading to problems with your machine. Clean it regularly to prevent this from happening.
- Check the machine for leaks: Inspect your machine regularly, as these can cause severe problems and damage to your device over time. If you notice any leaks, contact Nespresso customer support for assistance.
When you follow these simple maintenance tips, you ensure that your Nespresso Gran Maestria espresso machine runs smoothly and consistently produces high-quality coffee. So, take great care of your device, and enjoy your delicious cup of coffee!
When to Seek Professional Help:
Occasionally, despite your good labors, you may confront a problem with your Nespresso Gran Maestria coffee maker that requires professional assistance. Here are a few hints that it’s period to seek professional help:
- The problem persists despite your attempts to fix it.
- You are not comfortable with disassembling and fixing the machine yourself.
- You detect any odd sounds or odors coming from the engine.
- You doubt that there may be a severe underlying problem with the device.
If you encounter these problems, then it’s time to get professional help. Fortunately, several reputable specialized services in the USA specializing in fixing Nespresso Gran Maestria coffee makers. Here are some of the best ones:
- Nespresso USA: Nespresso’s official website provides customer support for all their coffee makers, including Gran Maestria. You can contact them at 800-562-1465 or visit their website for more information.
- Jura: Jura is a reputable repair service specializing in fixing espresso machines, including the Nespresso Gran Maestria. You can contact them at 1-800-220-5701 or visit their website for more information.
- Coffee Techs: Coffee Techs is a nationwide repair service that specializes in fixing all types of coffee machines, including the Nespresso Gran Maestria. Contact them at +1 512-476-1437 or visit their website for more information.
By seeking professional help from one of these reputable repair services, you can ensure that your Nespresso Gran Maestria coffee maker is fixed correctly and rapidly, enabling you to get back to rejoicing in your delicious coffee in no time.
Congratulations! Now you have the tools and complete comprehensive knowledge to fix common problems with your Nespresso Gran Maestria coffee maker. Following the solutions outlined in this article, you can quickly troubleshoot issues such as a blocked coffee machine, flashing lights, or low water pressure.
Remember, regular maintenance is essential to keeping your machine running smoothly, so follow the maintenance tips provided to prevent future problems. And if you encounter a problem you can’t fix alone, don’t hesitate to seek professional help.
However, we encourage you to troubleshoot the issues independently before seeking professional help. While saving you time and money, it will also give you a sense of accomplishment and empowerment.
So, grab your toolkit and get to work! You’ll enjoy your delicious coffee from your Nespresso Gran Maestria coffee maker in no time.
1. Can Nespresso Machines Be Fixed?
Their trained machine specialists carry out a complete diagnosis with the users of the coffee makers. If the basic troubleshooting is not resolved, they provide the repair service. They pick up your Nespresso machine from home to the repair service center.
2. Do Nespresso Machines Need Servicing?
Yes, they need servicing. You should descale your coffee maker after every three months of use. However, if you love to enjoy a lot of caffeine, you should descale it after every 300 capsules.
3. How Long Does a Nespresso Machine Last?
It all depends upon your care and maintenance. If you use your coffee maker according to the user manual and be careful about its cleaning and maintenance, then these machines can last from five to ten years.
4. How Big Is Nespresso Gran Maestria, And What Is Its Weight?
Here are the dimensions of the Nespresso Gran Maestria:
- Width: 32cm
- Depth: 30cm
- Height 38cm
The weight of this machine is 7 kg, and it can bear a maximum pressure of 19 bar.
5. What Is Special About Nespresso Machine?
Its specialty is that it can produce large volumes of coffee with less caffeine. It can also make espresso when you need a strong drink.
6. Is Nespresso Gran Maestria Discontinued?
Yes, It has been discontinued, and you can’t buy it from Nespresso. However, you can purchase it from Amazon, William Sonoma, and many other online stores, guaranteeing a money-back.
7. Can Nespresso Gran Maestria Make Lungo?
Yes, Nespresso Gran Maestria can make Lungo, as it has two knobs. One is to brew 0.85 to 2 oz espresso, and the other knob brews 2.37 to 5.05 oz lungo.
8. Why Is Nespresso Gran Maestria Best For You?
If you are a true espresso lover, Nespresso Gran Maestria is the best for you as it provides luxury, speed, convenience, and ease. It is a premium Nespresso model equipped with a large 47oz water reservoir, a fast heat-up time of 25 seconds, ten brew sizes, auto-off, and Aeroccino3 milk brother.
9. What is The Difference Between Original Pods And Vertuo Pods?
Original pods are small and narrow, and they are only available in one size as they are specially designed for espresso machines.
Vertuo pods are comprehensive and available in many designs and sizes.
10. Can I Use Aeroccino Without Whisk?
Yes, you can use your Aeroccino without any whisk. The Aeroccino comes with two whisks. One whisk is for regular foam, and the other is for extra suds. If you want to make milk hot, run Aeroccino without any whisk.
11: How Do I Reset My Nespresso Gran Maestria?
You can reset your Nespresso Gran Maestria by entering menu mode. Then set the espresso dial to select what you want to set. You can change the settings of
- Auto Shut Off
- Water Hardness
- Reset to factory settings
by setting the Lungo to dial your desired locations.