Welcome to the Keurig K-Compact user guide!
As a coffee enthusiast, you likely enjoy coffee several times a day, and for that purpose, you may have purchased the Keurig K-Compact coffee maker. If you’re browsing the internet to figure out how to use your Keurig K-Compact, don’t worry! Whether you’ve had it for a while and have misplaced the user manual or are a beginner who has just bought the Keurig K- Compact, it’s common to have questions about how to use and maintain your coffee maker properly. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place to find all the information you need to get the most out of your K-Compact machine. Let’s delve deeper for more details.
It’s universally acknowledged that every piece of modern technology has benefits and risks. Proper usage according to the instructions in the user guide can lead to a positive experience, but neglecting to study the guidelines can result in accidents or mishaps in the home. Your and your loved one’s safety should always be a top priority. I highly recommend you exercise extra caution and follow all necessary safety measures. Doing so can help reduce the risk of electrical accidents and protect yourself and others from harm. Click on the link to learn all about the safety precautions.
Specifications Of Keurig K-Compact
As a user of Keurig K- Compact, it is essential for you to learn about its specifications. Knowing its features, such as capacity, brewing methods, and settings, will help you use it properly and get the best results. So, you can easily customize your coffee experience and ensure you are making the most of your machine’s potential. Furthermore, if you find these specifications non-suitable for your home, return your brewer before using it.
|Model||K-Slim Single-Serve Coffee Maker|
|Water Reservoir||36 oz|
|Display||Button control panel with buttons for Brew Size|
|Special Features||· Auto Shut-Off· Smart Start· High Altitude mode· Sleek Design|
|Brew Sizes||· 8 oz.· 10 oz.· 12 oz.|
|Dimensions||Width: 8.2″Depth:13.2″Length: 12.1“|
With the Smart Start feature of your Keurig K-Compact, brewing a perfect cup of coffee has never been easier!
- No need to wait for your brewer to heat up before selecting your brew size. The process is streamlined into one simple step. Here’s how to use the Smart Start feature:
- Turn on your brewer.
- Place your mug in its desired location.
- Insert a K-Cup® pod and lower the handle.
- Choose your desired brew size.
The brewer will automatically heat up and begin brewing, eliminating the need for multiple steps or waiting times. Enjoy a fresh, hot cup of coffee in no time!
- The Auto Off feature on your Keurig K-Compact helps to conserve energy by automatically turning off the brewer 2 hours after the last brewing cycle. This feature ensures that you won’t have to worry about leaving your brewer on unnecessarily; it will also help with conversing energy.
What Will You Find Inside The Box?
The unboxing of your Keurig K-Compact will be one of your journey’s most eagerly anticipated moments. As you open the box, you are about to discover the hidden wonders it contains. It is the moment you have been eagerly waiting for, where you get to reveal the magic inside and explore each part of your Keurig K-Compact. Get ready to be amazed as we journey together and unravel the box’s secrets.
I recommend contacting the seller if you find anything missing below in the parts.
Keurig K-Compact Machine
The Coffee Machine is the essential item in the package. You must ensure that it is in the box and that you have the same machine model you purchased.
The next article in the box is the User Manual for your Nespresso Vertuo Machine. Before proceeding to the following step, ensure you have thoroughly read everything.
Parts Of Keurig K-Compact
To master the operation of your Keurig K-Compact coffee maker, familiarising yourself with its various components is essential. By simply understanding each part, you will be able to troubleshoot any issues that may arise during use, and you will be able to perform maintenance with ease. Becoming an expert in the parts of your K-Compact will ensure that you can use it effectively, efficiently, and with confidence. Let’s start!
1. Water Reservoir Lid
The water reservoir lid is at the top of the water reservoir and is used to cover and protect the water from dirt.
2. MAX Fill Line
The Max Fill line is a marked line on the water reservoir indicating the maximum level of water you can fill in the machine.
3. Water Reservoir
The Water reservoir is the container where water is stored for brewing coffee.
4. Water Reservoir Lock Tab Slots
Water Reservoir Lock Tab Slots are a mechanism that secures the water reservoir and prevents it from being accidentally removed.
5. Power Cord
The Power cord is the electrical cord used to connect the machine to a power source.
The “Handle” is part of the machine used to carry or move the machine.
The “Lid” is the top part of the machine that is opened to place the K-Cup® pod in the holder.
8. K-Cup Pod Holder
This is part of the machine where the K-Cup® pod is placed to be brewed.
This part of the machine guides the hot water from the machine to the K-Cup pod.
10. K-Cup Pod Assembly Housing
This is part of the machine that houses the K-Cup pod holder and the funnel (collectively called the K-Cup pod holder assembly).
11. Drip Tray Plate
The drip tray plate on your Keurig K- Compact Machine is a detachable plate that covers the drip tray as a lid.
12. Drip Tray
The drip tray on your Keurig K- Compact Machine is a detachable component that collects any extra coffee or drips during beverage delivery/dispensing.
13. Drip Tray Base
This is the bottom part of the machine that supports the drip tray.
Before You Brew For First Or After A Long Period Of Inactivity
Before heading towards the magical experience of brewing your coffee in your Keurig K- Compact, there are some steps you need to take to make your journey more convenient and enjoyable. These steps will help ensure that the device is set up correctly and that you are using it safely and efficiently. Do not worry; I have broken down each step with detailed information so you can have a smooth experience.
1. Plug & Place
The first step is always important to reach your destination. Treat this step as your initial move towards obtaining a delightful cup of coffee. To plug and place your brewer accurately, read the below-mentioned procedure.
- Remove the packing tape from your coffee maker.
- Plug it into a grounded portal.
- Put a large cup (10 oz. lowest) on the drip tray plate.
2. Rinse & Fill
Before first use or use after an extended period, it is essential to rinse your brewer properly. To ensure a proper rinse read the instructions carefully.
- Pull out the water reservoir lid, then move up the reservoir straight to pull it out.
- Rinse the reservoir with clean water and fill it to the maximum line indicated.
- Replace the water reservoir securely in the brewer, ensuring the locking tabs are properly engaged.
- Put the lid back in place.
Note: It is recommended not to use distilled water.
3. Power On
At last, it’s time to activate your coffee maker. Take a deep breath and embark on your coffee-making experience with the Keurig K-Compact.
- Press the power button—the green power indicator light will illuminate.
- The brewer will start warming the water. It will take about four minutes.
- Your brewer is ready when the heating sound stops.
4. Lift & Lower
Before brewing your favourite coffee, you must undergo a one-time setup process. This simple process will ensure your brewer is ready to produce a delicious and satisfying cup of coffee every time you use it. So, let’s get started!
- Raise and lower the handle. Please note that a K-Cup pod should not be inserted at this stage. The three brew buttons will start flashing.
- Press the “small cup” button to initiate a cleansing brew. Discard the hot water from the cup into the sink.
- Congratulations! The one-time setup process is now finished, and you are ready to start brewing your favorite coffee.
5. Place Mug
Bingo, It’s time to prepare your perfect cup of coffee with your Keurig K-Compact. To get started, follow these simple steps for placing your mug:
- Put a cup on the drip tray plate. If you use a travel mug, remove the drip tray, and locate the mug on the drip tray base.
NOTE: The brewer may take about a minute to reheat between brew cycles.
6. Lift & Insert
The next step to prepare for brewing a delicious cup of coffee with your Keurig K-Compact involves lifting the handle and inserting the K- Cup. To do this without any hurdle, follow these simple steps:
- Lift the handle and insert a K-Cup pod into the K-Cup pod holder.
- Close the lid securely by lowering the handle completely.
- It’s important to note that you should not remove the foil lid on the K-Cup® pod, as this is necessary for brewing. Now you’re ready to select your desired cup size and start brewing!
7. Brew & Enjoy!
Welcome to the final and most exciting step of your coffee-making journey with the Keurig K-Compact! It’s time to brew and enjoy your perfect cup of coffee. Follow these simple steps to complete the brewing process.
- Choose your desired brew size. The button will remain lit during brewing, which takes approximately 1 minute.
- After brewing, the machine will emit a burst of air, signaling the end of the brewing process.
- Lift the handle and dispose of the used K-Cup® pod. Your Keurig K-Compact will be ready to brew another cup in approximately one minute.
So, sit back, relax, and enjoy your delicious cup of coffee!
Note: After 60 seconds, the k-Compact buttons will be disabled. To re-activate, lift and lower the handle entirely.
Caution: There is boiling water in the K-Cup® pod holder while making coffee. To prevent injury, do not lift the handle during the brewing procedure.
Caring For Your Brewer
We all prioritize the health and hygiene of our loved ones over everything. But are you sure that the coffee you are making in your Keurig K-Compact is hygienic and healthy? To ensure that your coffee is hygienic, it’s important to regularly clean your coffee maker. Though this may require some extra effort, it’s well worth it for the well-being of yourself and your family. Let’s dive into the cleaning process of different parts of the Keurig K- Compact.
Do you want to maintain the exterior of your Keurig brewer as shiny as it was at the time of purchase? Definitely Yes, Right? You can easily achieve this by regularly cleaning it. Follow the guidelines to achieve the best results.
- Just clean it with a damp, soapy, lint-free, nonabrasive fabric.
- Never dip the brewer in water or other fluids.
Water Reservoir & Reservoir Lid
The Water reservoir and its lid are the most important used components of your Keurig K-Compact. To make sure that every time you get a hygienic coffee, you must clean your water reservoir and its lid on a regular basis. Follow the instruction to have a perfectly cleaned Water reservoir and its lid.
- Avoid using abrasive or harsh cleaners as they may damage the surface of the water reservoir.
- It’s also important not to put the water reservoir or its lid in the dishwasher. When you’re finished cleaning, rinse the water reservoir thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- To clean the filter screen located at the base of the water reservoir, first, empty the water reservoir; follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, rinse the filter screen thoroughly with a stream of water from your faucet.
- If you have a sprayer available, you can use it to clean the filter screen at the base of your water reservoir.
- Simply aim the water spray directly at the filter screen. To further clean the filter screen, fill the water reservoir with around two inches of clean water, then shake the water reservoir to agitate the water.
- Empty the water reservoir and refill it with fresh water before returning it to the brewer. Repeat these steps if necessary.
NOTE: It’s important to emphasize that you must rinse the water reservoir and filter screen thoroughly after cleaning the water reservoir and filter screen. Any leftover cleaner or cleaning solution could contaminate the water supply in the brewer, so it’s essential to rinse them thoroughly to ensure that they are clean and safe to use.
The drip tray may hold up to 8 ounces of overflow and should be emptied and cleaned regularly. Slide it towards you to remove it, keeping it level to avoid leaking. Clean in the dishwasher (top rack only) or with a moist, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
K-Cup Pod Holder Assembly
Cleaning the K-Cup Holder is equally important as cleaning the other parts. To clean your K-Cup Holder Assembly, follow the instructions given below.
- To take the K-Cup® pod holder out of your brewer, lift the handle and use one hand to grip the top of the holder while using the other hand to push up from the bottom until it releases
- After cleaning, simply line up the K-Cup pod holder with the opening, using the two front ribs as a guide. Finally, snap the holder from the top to secure it back in the brewer.
Caution: Sharp needles penetrate the K-Cup pod above the K-Cup pod holder and in the K-Cup pod holder’s bottom. Do not place your fingers in the K-Cup pod holder to avoid harm.
To clear a clog from the exit needle on the K-Cup pod holder, remove the pod holder assembly and detach the funnel. Locate the exit needle on the bottom inside of the K-Cup pod holder. To clear the clog, use a straightened paper clip to gently insert it into the exit needle and push the clog out.
To clean the entrance needle on the underside of the brewer handle, lift the handle and locate the needle. To clean both holes in the needle, hold the handle upward and use a straightened paper clip to insert it into both holes carefully. Move the paper clip around to remove any coffee grounds clogging the needle. After cleaning, lower the handle completely and run two brew cycles using only water without inserting a K-Cup pod. It will rinse any coffee grounds or cleaning residue and ensure the needle is clean and clear for future brewing.
To clean the Funnel, remove the funnel from the K-Cup pod holder by simply pulling on it until it pops off. Replacing it is a very easy step; simply snap the funnel back onto the K-Cup pod holder. The funnel should fit securely back into place, ensuring the K-Cup pod holder is ready.
Descaling Of Your Keurig K-Compact
Cleaning your Keurig K-Compact is good but not enough to clean its mineral buildup. Do you know that mineral buildup can accumulate inside the brewer over time, clogging the needle, affecting the water flow, and reducing the machine’s efficiency? This buildup can also affect the taste of your coffee and lead to a less enjoyable brewing experience.
By regularly descaling your brewer, you can remove mineral buildup and prevent the buildup of harmful substances that can negatively impact your health and the quality of your coffee. Regular descaling also extends your brewer’s lifespan, helping it last longer and perform better over time.
Before you start, you will require a big ceramic cup, fresh water, Keurig® Descaling Solution, and access to a sink. Do not use a paper cup. Assure that there is no pod in the K-Cup® pod holder. Please permit around 45 minutes for the descaling process.
Stage 1. Descaling Solution Rinse:
- To begin the descaling process, turn off the brewer by pressing the power button. Next, pour the entire contents of a bottle of Keurig Descaling Solution into an emptied water reservoir. Then, fill this empty bottle with water and add it to the water reservoir.
- Turn the brewer back on by pressing the power button.
- Then, place a large mug on the drip tray and run a rinsing brew by lifting and lowering the handle and selecting the largest brew size. It will help flush out any remaining descaling solution and ensure the brewer is fully cleaned and ready for use.
Stage 2. Descaling Rinse & Repeat
A single descale is not enough; follow the instructions to descale your Keurig K-Compact properly.
- Repeat the rinsing brew until the “add water” light is illuminated. Do not use a K-Cup® pod during this process. Left the brewer on for almost 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove any remaining solution from the water reservoir and carefully rinse.
Stage 3. Fresh Water Rinse
To perform this third step, follow the instructions given below.
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh water, ensuring not to exceed the “MAX” Fill line.
- Place a big container on the drip tray and run a rinsing cycle using the largest brew size, making sure not to use a K-Cup pod. Pour the contents of the mug into the sink.
- Repeat the rinsing cycle until you have completed 12 brews, using the largest brew size. You have to refill the water reservoir at least once during this process.
Note: The cleaning action of the descaling solution may cause a “foaming” effect to be dispensed from the brewer. It is normal as the solution reacts with the scale inside the brewer. If your brewer has a heavy scale buildup, it may not fill correctly after adding the descaler. It could result in a small or no output, followed by the sound of air being expelled. If this occurs:
- Turn off and unplug the brewer.
- Discard the contents of the water reservoir if any descaling solution remains, rinse it thoroughly, and refill it with fresh water.
- Plug the brewer back in, turn it on, and repeat the “Step 3 Fresh Water Rinse” cycle.
- The brewer should begin functioning normally as the solution is rinsed out and the scale removed. If the problem persists, allow the brewer to sit unplugged for at least 30 minutes before continuing with the rinse.
Empower yourself with the ability to troubleshoot, repair, and keep your brewing experience seamless and stress-free. You have the power to fix malfunctions of your brewer by yourself, and the knowledge of how to do so can be both time- and cost-saving. No need to wait for an expert to arrive and solve the problem; you can easily get your brewer back to its optimal performance in no time. For your ease, I have enumerated the regular malfunctions and their possible solutions so you do not have to search for them separately.
Grounds In Your Coffee
Grounds may have gathered in the exit or entrance needle and can be cleaned using a straightened paper clip or similar tool.
- Clean the exit needle of the K-Cup pod holder. Refer to the exit needle care instructions.
- Clean the brewer entrance needle. Refer to the entrance needle care instructions.
Brewer Will Not Brew
If you are facing any difficulty in brewing your coffee, try these possible solutions.
- To properly use a K-Cup pod in a K-Cup holder, first insert the pod into the holder and ensure the handle is securely pushed down and the brew buttons are flashing.
- If the “add water” light is on, fill the water reservoir to the MAX Fill line, being careful not to overflow it, and make sure it’s securely seated in its base.
- If the “add water” light remains illuminated after refilling, contact customer service for assistance.
- If all the lights for the small cup, small mug, and large mug are on simultaneously, lift the handle and remove any K-Cup pod in the brewer. Close the handle, place a large mug on the drip tray, and press the power button once. The brewer may then dispense hot water.
Brewing A Partial Cup
The exit needle may be blocked. Please follow the exit needle care recommendations.
- The water reservoir might have been removed during the brewing process. Replace the water reservoir and brew without a K-Cup® pod to rinse.
- The brewer may require a descale.
- Contact Customer Service if you have tried the descale operation on your brewer twice and are only making a half cup.
Brewer Does Not Have Power Or Switch Off
- Check that the power button is switched on.
- Connect the brewer to its own grounded outlet. Your brewer may not perform correctly if the electric circuit is overloaded with other appliances. The brewer should be run on a separate fuse from the machines.
- To save energy, the brewer automatically shuts down two hours after the previous brew. When you press the power button, the green power light will come on.
- Contact Customer Service if the brewer still does not have electricity.
The quality of water varies widely. I recommend bottled or filtered water if you notice an unpleasant flavor in your beverage (such as chlorine or mineral tastes). Never use distilled water.
This brewer is not user serviceable outside of the approved cleaning and maintenance methods. Please see the Warranty section of this article for service.
During times when you won’t be using your brewer, it’s important to properly store it so that it stays in good working order. Follow these steps to ensure your brewer is always in good working condition and ready to make your favorite coffee whenever desired.
- Before storing or moving your brewer, empty the water reservoir and keep it in a safe and frost-free environment.
- Please store your brewer upright to minimize water leaks from the inner tank. If you keep the brewer in a chilly climate, water may freeze within the brewer and cause harm.
- After storing it, I recommend washing the water reservoir with new water and running three rinse brews without a K-Cup® pod.
Click Or Call!
Do you have any queries?
Keurig is here to assist you. Visit the official website www.Keurig.com for gradual videos on cleaning, fixing, operating, descaling, and more.
Still, Need Help?
Contact us at
Are you concerned about the sustainability of your Keurig K-Compact and what would happen if it suffered a significant malfunction? In the first year of ownership, you can be confident that the manufacturer’s warranty will cover any problems. Make sure you are aware of the warranty policy’s terms and conditions.
Limited One-Year Warranty
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig) warrants that the brewer will be free of faults in materials or quality under standard home service for one year from the date of purchase. Please sign up on www.Keurig.com/new so your dealing information will be saved in our system. Keurig K-Compact will offer you the choice to repair or return a defective brewer without payment upon receipt of the guarantee. The alternate brewer may be new or renovated if a substitute brewer is essential to assist with this warranty.
A new limited one-year contract will be referred to the replacement brewer if a substitute brewer is dispatched. This warranty relates only to brewers run in the United States and Canada. This warranty grants you thorough legal privileges, and you may also have other rights that differ from state to state and, use in Canada, from province to province.
Only utilizing Keurig K-Cup brand pods and elements will guarantee the proper functioning and lifetime of your Keurig® brewer. Any crackling or malfunction of your brewer consequential from the use of non-Keurig pods and components may not be protected by this security or may consequence in a service fee if the crackling or malfunction is determined to be caused by such operations.
What Is Not Covered By The Restricted Warranty?
This warranty does not cover consequential or unexpected damages such as property damage, and it does not cover incidental costs and expenses consequent to any breach of this warranty, even if foreseeable. Some states or provinces do not authorize the restrictions of accidental or substantial damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not refer to you relying on the state or province of investment.
Also, this warranty does not cover damages caused by the use of non-Keurig pods or accessories, services performed by anyone other than Keurig or its authorized service providers, the use of parts other than genuine Keurig® parts, or external causes such as abuse, misuse, insufficient power, or acts of God.
This warranty is exclusive and supersedes all other express warranties, written or oral.
Additionally, Keurig disclaims all other warranties relating to your K-Compact Brewer, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Some states or provinces do not authorize disclaimers of such actual warranties or restrictions on how long an implied warranty lasts. So, the above limitation may not refer to you relying on the state or the province of investment.
How Do You Obtain Warranty Service?
To avail of the warranty, refer to Keurig Customer Service at our toll-free contact number, 1.866.901.BREW (2739). Please do not return your brewer to Keurig Customer Service without obtaining a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number. Keurig brewers returned without an RMA number will be returned to the sender unserviced.
I hope you are leaving this article with you grinning from ear to ear while holding a savory cup of coffee. Now that you have comprehensive knowledge about everything related to the Keurig K-Compact, you can use it with confidence like a seasoned barista without any worries.
As a Coffee enthusiast, I know you would love to have more content on your favorite Subject, i.e., Coffee. Discover the magical world of coffee by visiting coffeeaim.com.
Have an excellent coffee!
What Temperature Should My Keurig K Compact Be Set At?
According to Keurig, the ideal temperature for preparing coffee, tea, and hot cocoa is 192°F, corresponding to the internal temperature of the water in their brewing machine.
What Pods Are Compatible With Keurig K Compact?
If you have a Keurig K-Compact coffee maker, you can use the Keurig My K-Cup® Universal Reusable Coffee Filter (which can be purchased separately) to make your custom coffee pods.
How Many Amps Does A Keurig Compact Use?
The amperage a Keurig compact coffee maker uses can vary depending on the specific model. Generally, coffee makers that operate on 120 volts can consume anywhere from 5 to 13 amps of electricity. However, if you have a Keurig compact model that uses 12 volts, it typically uses six amps.
Can Any Pod Be Used In Keurig?
No, K-cups and Coffee Pods are NOT the same thing and cannot be used interchangeably. K-cups are solely intended for use in the Keurig single-cup coffee machine. Keurig has lately renamed its “K-CUP” to “K-CUP PODS,” although these are not the same as genuine paper coffee pods.