Warm welcome, fellows,
You, me, and many out there would have a secret sparkling craving for coffee that often burst out in a wintery or chilly atmosphere. And to keep your craving pleaser close to you, you decided to buy an Espresso coffee machine, Nespresso Essenza Mini. Now, It’s in front of you, and nothing can stop you from making endless cups of joy! But, Wait-Wait, you are struggling with how I can make a cup of coffee out of it, Right? Humph! Don’t worry about it; I will not let you stand there and thoughtlessly stare at your Coffee Machine.
Without further letting you wait, let’s get right into the guide of how you can easily use Nespresso Essenza Mini. After learning from this, you will be able to tackle the machine no less than the Nespresso coffee maker expert.
Safety Precautions for Nespresso Essenza Mini
We all love to have electronics that can ease our lives as much as they can. But you know the more you electronified your households with such gadgets, the more you should take extra precautions. Safety Precautions come with gadgets, but having knowledge about them is your responsibility.
For your ease, we have smoothly presented all the related Safety Precautions of Nespresso Essenza Mini, so check them out; click on the below and avail yourself of the guidance.
What Is In The Box
- User manual
- «Welcome to Nespresso»
- Folder Nespresso capsule tasting gift
- Coffee Machine
What Are Essenza Mini Parts
- Coffee Buttons (Espresso & Lungo)
- Capsule Container for 5-6 capsules
- Coffee Outlet
- Drip Base
- Drip Grid
- Drip Tray
- Water Tank & Lid
Essenza Mini Specifications
|2.||Pressure Pump||19 bar / 1.9 MPa|
|4.||Water Reservoir Capacity||0.6 L|
|5.||BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit)||250|
|8.||Dimensions||84 mm 204 mm 330 mm|
How to First Use Or After A Long Period Of Non-Use?
If you are a freshman at using Nespresso Essenza Mini or using it after quite a long time, then here are the things you should follow and keep in mind while operating your brewer.
- The foremost important thing is to read the safety precautions of Nespresso Essenza Mini. This should be your top priority to save and take care of your precious life.
- For further information related to the machine, it comes with default settings:
- Auto Off Mode would be 9 mins.
- The espresso cup would be 40 ml.
- The Lungo cup would be 110 ml.
Preparing Nespresso Essenza Mini Instructions:-
- To start with the usage, clean and rinse the water tank thoroughly.
- Fill the water tank with clean and fresh drinking water.
3. Place a container of about 1L under the coffee outlet.
4. Place a container of about 1L under the coffee outlet.
5. To turn on the machine, press either Espresso or Lungo button.
6. You will see lightning start to blink.
7. They will keep blinking for 25 seconds; this shows the machine is on and is now in preheating mode.
8. After 25 secs, blinking lights will become steady, ensuring the preheating phase is over.
9. To clean the machine internally, press the Lungo button.
10. The water will start pouring into the container.
11. Drain the dirty water and repeat the process 3 times.
12. Your brewer is now ready to brew your favorite beverages.
13. If you want to turn off your machine before the machine automatically turns off, press both the Espresso and Lungo button simultaneously.
14. Your Nespresso Essenza Mini will turn off.
How to prepare Coffee with Your Nespresso Essenza Mini?
- Plug the cord and turn on the machine
- Wait for the machine to heat up (will take approx. 25 sec)
- Lift the lever, insert your capsule, and close the lever
- Place a cup under the coffee outlet
- Press the beverage button you want to brew
- The coffee will start pouring into the cup
- To stop the pouring process in between, press the beverage button you are brewing.
Nespresso Essenza Mini has a fantastic feature of fast brewing. You will instantly enjoy your beverages. So let’s look at how you can prepare coffee quickly in Nespresso Essenza Mini.
But firstly, 2 things you should keep in mind before starting the brewing process.
- You must refrain from lifting the machine’s lever during the brewing process. If you do, you will be the one to phase the harmful consequences, so Beware!
- When the brewer is in the preheating phase, you can press any coffee button, either Espresso or Lungo. The coffee will start dripping when the machine completes its preheating phase.
Now we will see how to prepare delicious and soothing beverages using Nespresso Essenza Mini:
Coffee Preparing Instructions:-
- Connect the brewer cord to the power source.
- You should press the Lungo or Espresso button to turn on the machine.
- You will see the lights blinking.
- The blinking continues for 25 seconds, showing the machine is in preheating mode.
- After this, the lights will stop blinking, and so does the preheating phase.
- Now lift the lever of the brewer
- You will have a gap where you can insert your capsule.
- Insert your capsule and close the lever.
- Place a cup under the coffee outlet.
- Choose whatever coffee type you like.
- For Espresso (40ml), choose the Espresso button, and for Lungo (110ml), go for the Lungo button.
- The coffee processing will start, and in a few seconds, hot coffee will begin dripping into your cup.
- If you want to stop the cascading, press the lungo or espresso button again, depending on the one you choose first.
- Lastly, remove the mug, lift the lever, and close it, so the used capsule can be ejected and fall into the holder.
Water Volume Setting In Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Turn on the machine.
- Place a mug under the coffee outlet.
- Lift the lever, insert your capsule, & close it.
- Press and hold Espresso or Lungo button
- The brew will start pouring into the mug and lose the hold when you are satisfied with the desired volume. The beverage buttons will blink three times, ensuring adjustment has been made.
There are two beverage options in Nespresso Essenza Mini; one is Espresso, and the other is Lungo. The main difference between them is the water volume. If you want to change the water volume to get your desired coffee, you have to sacrifice one button for it. If you are a Lungo lover, change the Espresso settings and vice versa. To program the water volume to get your desired volume of coffee, this is how you can do it.
Water Volume Setting Instructions:-
- When you prepare your brewer and insert the capsule, here comes the water volume settings adjustment.
- Press and hold the Espresso or Lungo button.
- When you get the desired volume of coffee, release the button.
- The button lights will blink three times to ensure the adjustments have been made.
- This will automatically adjust the water volume settings; from now on, you only have to press the Espresso or lungo button to get your desired coffee volume.
How to Set Energy Saving Mode In Nespresso Essenza Mini?
- Turn off your machine
- Press & hold the Espresso button for 5 sec
- To change the setting, press the Espresso button
- one time for 30 minutes (represented by a double blink)
- Two times for 9 minutes (represented by a single blink)
The energy-saving mode can come in handy when you want to avoid plugging off your brewer completely every time or want to turn off your brewer before the brewer automatically turns off the system. Nespresso Essenza Mini comes up with a saving mode through which you can save power without plugging off the brewer cord. Here you can set your brewer in Energy saving mode.
- When the machine is turned off.
- Press and hold the Espresso button for about 5 seconds.
- The Espresso button will start blinking to show the current settings.
- Now to change the settings, press the Espresso button…
- One time if you want auto-off after 30 minutes → represented by Double Blinking
- Two times if you want auto-off after 9 minutes → represented by Single Blinking
- Your machine will be set into energy-saving mode.
To unset the energy-saving mode setting:
- Press the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- It will exit the machine from power-saving mode.
How to Clean Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Turn off your machine
- Empty & Rinse the water tank
- Empty the drip tray and the used capsule container
- Use a soft, damp cloth to clean the brewer’s outer covering
- Use mild detergents for cleaning
- Place the drip tray, capsule container, and water tank back in the brewer.
Cleaning keeps your Nespresso Essenza Mini going for more than a specific time. So why not learn about the cleaning process besides the coffee-making process? Let’s look at the below instructions to enlighten yourself with how you can easily clean your brewer, but before that, you should be careful about a few things.
- You should never place your Nespresso Essenza Mini parts or whole machine in water.
- Always remember to plug off the brewer before you start cleaning.
- You should avoid using potent cleaning agents for cleaning.
- You should avoid using sharp objects, for instance, sharp pins, brushes
- Do not put your brewer or its parts in the dishwasher until they are dishwasher-safe.
- Turn your machine off first.
- Empty the drip tray and the capsule container.
- Separate the water tank from the machine and rinse it separately.
- You can use mild detergent for tank cleaning.
- It would be good to use odorless detergent so they don’t leave any smell, which can affect your coffee taste and aroma.
- You should use hot or luke water for cleaning the tank.
- You should clean the coffee outlet regularly with soft and damp clothing.
- After cleaning, dry your machine with a clean towel or cloth.
- Place all the removed parts back in their specific place.
- Your Nespresso Essenza Mini is cleaned now and ready to use.
How to Descale Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Turn on your brewer
- Lift the lever and close it to remove any capsule
- Empty the capsule container and drip tray
- Place a container of 1L under the coffee outlet
- Fill the water tank upto 0.6L and pour 1 Nespresso Descaling sachet
- Press & hold the Espresso and Lungo button for 5 sec to enter into descaling mode
- Press the Lungo button, and the water will start pouring into the container
- Refill the water tank with the poured solution and repeat point 6
- Rinse and fill the tank with fresh water and repeat point 6 two times
- Press & hold the Espresso and Lungo button for 5 seconds to exit from descaling mode.
A very significant and life-enhancing element of your brewer; Descaling. You must be aware of how to descale your brewer. It is as essential as brewing coffee. So let’s see how you can descale your Nespresso Essenza Mini.
Things to remember before descaling;
- You should not let or keep the descaling solution close to your eyes and skin.
- Turn on the machine by press the Lungo or Espresso button
- Lift the lever and close it to remove any capsule inside it.
- Remove the drip tray and capsules container and empty them both.
- Fill the water tank up to 0.6L line with clean and fresh water.
- Now take out your Nespresso Descaling solution.
- Open and pour one Nespresso descaling solution sachet into the water tank.
- Mix them well.
- Place a container having a minimum volume of 1L under the coffee outlet.
- To let the machine enter the descaling mode, press and hold Espresso and Lungo buttons for about 5 seconds.
- You will see LED lights will start blinking.
- To run the descaling solution internally, press the Lungo button and let the water tank empty into the placed container.
- After this, refill the water tank with the poured liquid in the container.
- Repeat the above points 11 and 12 for another cycle.
- When you are done, remove the water tank and rinse it thoroughly.
- Fill the water tank again with clean and fresh water.
- Repeat point 11 and 12 two more times, but only with a freshly filled water tank.
- Descaling has been done.
- To remove the machine from descaling mode, press and hold the Espresso and Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- Your machine is now exited from the descaling mode.
- Lastly, empty the drip tray, too, in case any spillage has been done during processing.
Descaling Frequency Table
A descaling frequency table is used to know about the optimum performance of your brewer based on the water hardness. So it would be best if you looked at the table too.
|Water Hardness||Descaling After|
|French Degree (fH)||Germen Grade (dH)||Calcium Carbonate(CaCO3)||Cups (40ml)|
How to Empty Nespresso Essenza Mini System
- Turn off the machine
- Remove the water tank
- Open the lever
- Place a container under the coffee outlet
- Press & Hold the Espresso and Lungo button for 5 seconds
- The LED lights will start blinking, alternatively ensuring the emptying process has been started.
- The brewer will automatically turn off after the procedure is complete.
When you last used the machine a while ago or have to repair or prevent it from frost, you can empty your Nespresso Essenza Mini System. You have to go through the following steps.
- When the machine is on, press both Espresso and Lungo buttons simultaneously.
- This will turn the machine off.
- Remove the water tank.
- Open the lever.
- Place a container under the coffee outlet.
- Press and hold both the Espresso and Lungo for 5 seconds.
- The LEDs will start blinking alternatively.
- The machine will enter the emptying mode.
- The emptying procedure will start, and the machine will automatically turn off after it.
- Now close the lever.
- Lastly, empty and clean the drip tray and capsule container.
Nespresso Essenza Troubleshooting
Minor issues or glitches can occur in your brewer system. But you can analyze and correct them by yourself. Here I will discuss some troubleshooting to make your brewer work like before.
- If you see no indicator lights blinking, you should check the power source.
- If your Coffee is not dripping, then refill the reservoir or descale your brewer.
- If your Coffee is not warmer than it used to be, let the water brew cycle run first, then put your capsule for Coffee.
- If your capsule area leaks, you should check and reposition the capsule properly.
- For unusual lights blinking, you can call the Nespresso Club.
Disposal And Environmental Protection Of Nespresso Essenza Mini
Nespresso Essenza as preciously takes care of your Coffee and also takes care of our environment and nature. They specifically designed and made their machine contents quickly disposable. They also assure its users that all the goodies they use in making and packaging are environmentally friendly. They can be recycled, which will save the earth from land pollution.
How To Contact The Nespresso Club?
If you have major or minor troubles with your Nespresso Essenza Mini machine, you can contact the Nespresso Club, or Nespresso authorized representatives anytime. They will surely take care of your problems as their user concerns and satisfaction matter to them the most.
- You can check out their website Nespresso.com or directly contact them by dialing their numbers.
|Nespresso Essenza Mini USA||800-566-0571|
|Nespresso Essenza Mini CA||1800-019-090|
|Nespresso Essenza Mini UK||0808 100 8844|
|Nespresso Essenza Mini AUSTRALIA||1800 623 033|
|Nespresso Essenza Mini NEW ZELAND||0800 234 579|
Nespresso Essenza Mini Limited Guarantee
Nespresso Essenza Mini also has a limited guarantee. And the warranty on the machine is applied when your machine is not excluded from the following guarantee rules.
- The manufacturer will repair or replace your machine without charging you any penny only if there is no defect in the materials and it has been used domestically for 2 years or commercially for 3 months from its purchase date.
- The repaired or replaced material during the guarantee period will expire two years from the date of purchase of your original product, not the date of repair/replacement.
- Any consequential loss from this brewer or damage done by this brewer to your property would not get a guarantee from the manufacturer.
- If the defect is caused by not using the product according to the given instructions, accidental damage, misuse, and improper maintenance, the warranty will not cover the repair cost.
- If you believe your machine follows the above rules and is applicable for repair, contact the Nespresso Customer Service tea.
Note: Breville provides a warranty on this product, which is imported and distributed by Breville too. Nespresso has no liability for the product. All the guarantees, warranties, and conditions by Nespresso are excluded.
Do you leave Nespresso Essenza Mini open or closed?
If you are not using your Nespresso Essenza Mini for some time, it would be advisable to put it in energy-saving mode. And if there are children in your house, you should close the brewer when you are not using it for your and your children’s safety.
How do I reset my Nespresso Essenza Mini?
You can easily reset your Nespresso Essenza Mini by following the steps below.
- When the machine is turned off, press and hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
- The LED lights will start to blink three times. This will ensure the brewer has gone into the reset mode.
- After this, the blinking will continue until the brewer finishes its preheating phase.
Can Essenza Mini make regular coffee?
No, Nespresso Essenza is specifically designed to brew shots of Espresso by using Nespresso’s Original capsules. So it will not be able to make regular coffee.
Does Nespresso Essenza Mini take original pods?
Yes, Nespresso Essenza Mini can take Nespresso’s original capsules to make Espresso or Lungo shots.