Are you struggling to use Nespresso Essenza Mini for the first time? Well, you have come to the right place.
Trying new machines is all fun and games until you have to learn how to operate them properly and that is why I am here to make things easy for you. Nespresso machines are known for their easy and quick usage, so I can assure you, you will not have to face problems operating your Nespresso Essenza Mini for the first time.
I do own a few Nespresso machines and like to explore new models whenever I get the chance. I have recently bought a Nespresso Essenza Mini, and with my previous experience and a little help from the manual, I was able to use it in one go.
Today I will guide you on what proper steps you should take to make your brewer ready to brew its first-ever coffee. Keep in mind the safety precautions, and let’s get straight into the guide.
- To know more about Nespresso machines, my highly recommended post to you will be Best Nespresso Machines. So do check it out.
A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Use Nespresso Essenza Mini For The First Time
If you have newly bought the machine or using it after a long time, the following step should be measured to clean the machine internally before starting, and you will only get a serene quality cup of coffee.
- Remove the water tank from the machine and rinse it properly with clean water.
- Fill the water tank with fresh drinking water and place it back on the machine.
- Place approx. 1 Liter or 33.8-ounce container under the nozzle or coffee outlet.
- Plug the cord into the mains.
- Now it’s time to turn the machine ON. To do so, press any beverage button, either the Espresso button or the Lungo button.
- You will notice the LED has started to blink.
- The blinking process will keep on going for approx.. 25 seconds indicating the machine is heating up.
- After this, the LED will become steady, which means the machine is heated up.
- Press the Lungo button and let 110 ml or 3.72-ounce hot water dispense into the placed container.
- As the cascading stops, again press the Lungo button and let the water dispense.
- Repeat the above point (10) one more time.
- Drain the container water into the sink
- Your machine is now internally rinsed and ready for brewing.
- (Optional) Turn OFF the machine if you are not using it at the moment by simultaneously pressing both Espresso and Lungo buttons.
Video On How To Use Nespresso Essenza Mini For The First Time
If you want to visually see the steps on how you can prepare your machine for first-time usage, then check out the video below;
Guide On How To Use Nespresso Essenza Mini For The First Time
This guide will further let you explore the answers to your queries so you can know your machine better. So do not skip and keep scrolling;
How Long Does It Take For Nespresso Essenza Mini To Heat Up?
When you turn ON your Nespresso Essenza Mini (by pressing either Lungo or Espresso button), the LEDs start blinking. The blinking continues for approx 25 seconds. After this time, blinking becomes steady, which means the machine is ready and heated up. So overall, it takes about approx 25 seconds for the machine to heat up.
How Many Times Do You Press The Nespresso Button To Clean?
To clean or rinse your Nespresso Essenza Mini, first, you have to turn the machine ON. You press either Espresso or Lungo button, and then the LEDs will start blinking until the machine heats up (take approx 25. seconds). Then you press the Lungo button, and 110 ml of water will start flowing out of the machine. When the flow stops, you will again press the Lungo button and repeat the previous step one more time. This will clean your machine thoroughly. So in total, you have to press the Lungo button three times to clean the machine.
How Often Should You Change Water In Nespresso Machine?
It is advisable to regularly change the water in the Nespresso machine. Besides, it is a precautionary measure to change the water regularly to prevent the formation of harmful bacteria or microorganisms, which can further lead to molding.
Do You Put Milk In The Nespresso Machine?
You should not put milk in the Nespresso machine unless there is a frother with it. The milk only goes in the frother, not in the machine.
Can You Just Boil Water With Nespresso?
Yes, you can. When the machine is ready (heated up), press the Lungo or Espresso button (there should not be any capsule in the capsule compartment), and hot water will start flowing out of the machine into the placed mug/cup.
Do You Need To Clean A New Nespresso Machine?
Yes, you should clean your new Nespresso machine as dirt or dust particles can accumulate in it from the time when the machine is manufactured up to the time when it reaches your hands.
Do You Put Water Or Milk In Nespresso Machine?
Only water goes into the water tank of the Nespresso machine. Not every Nespresso machine comes with a frother, and if the one you got has a frother, then in the frother, you can put milk. However, you should never put milk in the water tank.
Does Nespresso Essenza Mini Have A Capsule Container And Drip Tray?
Yes, Nespresso Essenza Mini owns a capsule container that can hold 5-6 used capsules at a time and a drip tray that supports the cup and also holds the spillage. A used Capsule container is present on the drip base and a drip tray is present in front of the drip base.
Do We Have To Press Either The Espresso Or Both The Espresso And Lungo Button For Turning The Machine On?
To turn ON the Espresso machine you have to press either the Espresso or Lungo button. Not both the Espresso and Lungo buttons
Now you are completely aware of how to use your machine for the first time and what steps you should take to give a proper rinse to your machine to clean it internally, it’s time for you to brew delicious and heart-soothing coffee cups as much as you desire. Till next time, my good wishes are with you.
If you desire to learn more about the Nespresso Essenza Mini machine, check out Nespresso Essenza Mini Review and How to use Nespresso Essenza Mini guides.
How Do You Use Essenza Mini First Time?
To use your Nespresso Essenza Mini for the first time, follow the below steps.
- Remove and rinse the water tank
- Fill the water tank with water
- Place a container of 1L under the coffee outlet
- Plug into the mains
- Turn ON the machine by pressing either Espresso or Lungo button
- LEDs will start to blink
- LEDs will blink for approx. 25 seconds indicating the machine is heating up.
- After this LED will become steady means the machine is heated up.
- Press the Lungo button; the water will start pouring into the placed container
- After the first Lungo brewing cycle is complete, again press the Lungo button
- Repeat point 10 one more time
- Drain the poured water
- The machine is ready for usage.
How Do I Prepare My Nespresso Machine For The First Time?
To prepare your Nespresso machine for the first time, you have to clean it internally through rinsing. First, rinse and fill the tank with freshwater and place a container of 1 L under the coffee outlet. Turn ON the machine by pressing any beverage button and wait for the LEDs to become steady. Then press the Lungo button and let the machine brew. When the pouring stops, repeat the procedure two more times. Lastly, drain the water, and your machine is ready for the first time. You can also use a fresh and clean towel to clean the machine’s outer covering.
What Size Coffee Does Nespresso Essenza Mini Make?
Nespresso Essenza Mini can make two cup sizes. One is Espresso which is 40 ml or 1.35 ounces, and the other is Lungo which is 110 ml or 3.72 ounces. Other than this, you can also program the water volume to adjust the volume of the coffee.
What Is The Lungo Button On Nespresso?
The Lungo button is present on the right side, and by pressing it, the machine will brew 110 ml or 3.72-ounce Lungo coffee, which is then poured into the mug through the coffee outlet.