It is our review of the Breville Cafe Venezia BES250XL espresso machine.
Coffee Aim’s Ratings
Our readers send us more than 100 emails across the US about the Breville Cafe Venezia BES250XL. The below table shows our rating for the Breville Cafe Venezia BES250XL espresso machine:
|Easy to clean||8.74/10|
|Easy to use||8.00/10|
|Value for money||8.00/10|
The Bottom Line
It is Breville’s smallest espresso machine with almost no automated features. Unlike its more expensive cousins, the Breville Café Venezia Espresso Machine is great for beginners learning to use espresso machines. The Café Venezia doesn’t grind your beans for you, but it’s a workhorse and a nice-looking unit, but the Breville has replaced their Cafe Venezia Espresso Machine with the Compact Café. For an in-production model, check out the Breville Barista Express instead.
Features and Specs of Breville Cafe Venezia BES250XL Espresso Machine
|Product Name||Breville Café Venezia|
|Color||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Water Reservoir||93 oz|
|Auto Purge™ System – for optimal coffee extraction||Yes|
|Cleaning Tool Storage||Yes|
|Crema System||Advanced Dual-Wall Crema System – for ideal crema|
|Cup Warming Tray||Die-Cast Cup Warming Tray|
|Easy Eject™ Filter System||Yes|
|4.5″ Head Elevation – for full-sized mugs||Yes|
|Control||Manual Power Buttons|
|Milk Frothing Jug||Included|
|Espresso and Steam Control||Selector Control – for espresso or steam function|
|Housing||Stainless Steel Housing|
|Steam Wand||45° Pivoting Steam Wand – with stainless steel frothing attachment|
|Drip Tray||Removable Drip Tray – with stainless steel grid|
|Including Accessories||A stainless steel milk jug and a plastic tamper/scoop tool, 50mm portafilter, and different sized stainless steel filters (single, double, and pod)|
|Portafilter Size||50mm portafilter|
- It is a stylish stainless steel machine that suits any domestic kitchen environment.
- The Breville Café Venezia is splendid for beginners learning to use espresso coffee makers.
- It is a significant improvement over the old ESP6 model.
- The heat-up time is relatively short.
- The machine works as advertised, making great coffee, especially with Lattes and Cappuccinos.
- The 93 oz water tank capacity is generous.
- The controls are straightforward.
- The machine has low maintenance requirements.
- The machine comes included with cleaning tools that are stored out of sight in the device.
- The machine has almost no automated features, unlike its more expensive cousins.
- There is a downside to the auto-purge function when using the steam wand; the 5-second delay before it kicks in is too short in most cases.
- After using the steam rod to steam the milk, it is customary to close it inside the milk jug, then turn it back on outside the jug so that the remaining milk can be taken out. But if you’re too lazy, the auto-purge interrupts the process, causing the rod to either let off steam for just a few seconds before stopping or stop working momentarily because it waits for the Thermoblock to warm up again after cleaning has cooled it.
- The handle is placed diagonally in the tamper with this machine instead of standing on the tamper surface. Due to its attachment to the scope, applying considerable pressure and maintaining the tamped coffee’s surface level with the filter is tough.
- Café Venezia’s pump is also loud and generates plenty of vibrations.
- Occasionally, the drip tray leaks if not inserted properly, and removing the tray to empty it releases a little bit of water underneath it.
Is Breville Cafe Venezia BES250XL Espresso Machine for You?
The Breville Café Venezia is a good machine in terms of price, and its minor flaws make it easy to adapt. This machine is ideal for you if you are on a budget and want to learn the art of brewing espresso, so the machine will not disappoint you with its excellent tasting coffee in its affordable price range. But we do not recommend this machine to you. We recommend improving your budget and checking out the many times better machine, The Breville Barista Express.
But if you are looking for a well-made espresso/cappuccino machine for the same price, I suggest you choose a machine made by Mr. Coffee. It seems like Mr. Coffee’s brand knows what they’re doing. I recommend two machines for you: Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine and Café Barista, Silver. Although these two machines do not grind beans for you, they are workhorses and good-looking units.
More Breville Reviews From Coffee Aim
The Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL
The mid-range, easy-to-use entry-level model of Breville’s espresso machines, the ESP8XL Cafe Roma, has a small 41 oz water reservoir than other Breville espresso machines and includes a 16 oz stainless steel milk frothing pitcher and an integrated milk frother for lattes and cappuccinos. Its Thermoblock heating system extracts espresso at the right temperature, and a full 15 bars of pressure maximizes crema for a rich, barista-style aroma and taste. Café Roma features a heating indicator light that glows orange as the machine is heating up, then turns off when the temperature and pressure are ready to make espresso. Now discontinued, check out the Breville ESP8BSS1BCA1 instead.
Breville Dynamic Duo BES920
With a separate grinder BCG820 Smart Grinder Pro with 60 grind settings, the Breville Dynamic Duo offers third-wave specialty coffee in your home comfort. With dual PID-controlled stainless steel boilers, volumetric or time-based shot programming, and programmable pre-infusion, even an auto-on timer so that it’s always ready to brew your favorite drinks.
Breville Duo Temp Pro BES810BSS
One of Breville’s most basic models, the Breville Duo Temp Pro is the perfect espresso machine for you if you want quality coffee but don’t have a full day to make it. With its advanced technology and sleek design, this semi-automatic espresso machine offers pre-infusion function, an internal PID, auto-purge, and pre-infusion, both pressurized and non-pressurized portafilters. It gives you complete control over the brewing journey.
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders, and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino Plus, Breville Café Venezia, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Barista Express, Smart Grinder Pro, and Milk Cafe)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Does Coffee Aim have Repair Information? Yes, Read more about espresso machine repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Breville Café Venezia User Manual