It is our review of the Breville Barista Touch espresso machine.
Coffee Aim’s Ratings
Our readers send us more than 1600 emails across the US about the Breville Barista Touch. The below table shows our rating for the Breville Barista Touch espresso machine:
|Easy to clean||9.84/10|
|Easy to use||9.55/10|
|Value for money||9.15/10|
The Bottom Line
Arguably the top-end Breville model, the Barista Touch has a reasonable 67 oz water reservoir, 8 oz bean hopper, an integrated coffee grinder, automatic micro-foam milk texturing, faster heat-up time, precise espresso extraction, hands-free operation, and up to 8 pre-programmed personalized coffees on a new intuitive touch screen display and automatic milk texturing to make anyone a home barista.
The Breville Barista Touch has three qualities in all its features: clever, automatic, and customized. With its intuitive touch screen display, you can make up to 8 of your personalized and favorite café quality specialty coffees in 3 easy and simple steps – Grind, Brew, and Milk. Adjust the coffee strength, milk texture, and temperature to suit your taste and save the setting with your unique names like latte, cappuccino, or any other name you like.
The milk temperature and texture are essential for creating latté art; the Barista Touch auto steam wand allows you to adjust the milk temperature and texture to suit your taste. Moreover, it delivers barista-quality micro-foam that may enhance the flavor of your coffee.
Key Features and Specifications of Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine
- Color: Brushed Stainless Steel
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 12.5″ x 12.7″ x 16″
- Item Weight: 26.90 lbs pounds
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 1/2 lb
- Water Tank Capacity: 67 oz
- Integrated Burr Grinder: Hardened steel conical burrs
- Settings: (1) Touch screen operation, (2) 5 pre-programmed Café favorites, (3) Create, save and name 8 customizable coffee settings, (4) Adjustable Grind Control, (5) Programmable Milk Temperature and Texture, (6) One/Two Shots, (7) Hot Water
- Machine Construction Material: Brushed Stainless Steel
- Water Tank Material: BPA Free Water Tank
- Milk Texturing: (a) Powerful hands-free milk texturing, (b) Automatic cleaning function for the steam wand
- Brewing System: (1) 15 bar Italian Pump, (2) Ready in 3 seconds thermojet system, (3) PID Temperature Control
- Dual-boiler: Not available
- Temperature Control: PID Temperature Control
- Steam Boiler: Dedicated steam boiler with integrated Heat Exchange aids thermal stability
- Espresso Boiler with Digital PID Control: Dedicated espresso boiler with Digital PID control delivers precise water temperature
- Group Head–PID: Heated group head–PID controlled embedded element maintains thermal stability
- Shot Control: Espresso shot clock displays shot duration as a guide to extraction consistency
- Interface: (a) Touch Screen Control, (b) Easily Customizable Settings, (c) Pre-set cafe menu
- Portafilter: High quality 54mm portafilter
- Group Head: Heated Grouphead for brew temp control
- Tamping: Manual removable magnetic tamper
- Grind Settings: 30 precision grind settings
- Accessories 54mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter Single and Double Wall Filter Baskets 480ml Stainless Steel Jug ClaroSwiss Water Filter Razor™ Precision Dose Trimming Tool Cleaning Kit Water Hardness Test Strip
- Accessories: (1) Single and Double Wall Filter Baskets, (2) 54mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter, (3) 480ml Stainless Steel Jug, (4) ClaroSwiss Water Filter, (5) Cleaning Kit, (6) Razor™ Precision Dose Trimming Tool (7) Water Hardness Test Strip
- Power: 1680 Watts Watts
- Voltage: 110–120 Volts
- Warranty: 2 Year Repair Warranty
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Model Number: BES880
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Cup Clearance: 4 inches
- Solenoid Valve: Yes
- Cup Tray: Yes
- Warm-Up: Brew Time: 43 seconds
- Boiler Design: Thermocoil
- Pod Friendly: No
- Water Sources: Reservoir/Internal Tank
- Auto Shut Off: Yes
- Auto On: No
- Pre-Infusion/Aroma: Yes
|Built-in dosing grinder||No auto-tamp function|
|Three color options||Single Boiler for the steam wand and pulling shots|
|Built-in steam wand||The price is $300 more than Barista Express|
|The touchscreen display provides simple step-by-step guides||You have to pay $200 more than Barista Pro|
The Barista Touch is part of Breville’s Barista series and aims to deliver third-wave specialty coffee to its users, all from the comfort of their own homes. Using the famous four keys formula, Breville ensures that each brew has a rich, full flavor, the perfect body, balanced taste, and a silky mouthfeel. It is done by providing everything in just the right amount: the ideal temperature, dose, and water pressure. The Barista Touch’s intuitive touch screen feature and 3-second heat-up time make it one of the most efficient machines Breville has to offer.
Dose Control Grinding
The Barista Touch uses an integrated conical burr grinder that controls your dose to make sure you can choose exactly how much coffee you’d like to enjoy and maximizes flavor.
Optimal Water Pressure
This machine uses low water pressure pre-infusion at the beginning of extraction. It makes sure all the flavors of the coffee are evenly drawn out for a rich and balanced drink.
Faster Heat Up Time
The Barista Touch makes use of the ThermoJet heating system. This system makes the coffee-making experience super efficient as it achieves the optimum extraction temperature in only 3 seconds.
Precise Espresso Extraction
The Barista Touch is fully automated, and its digital temperature control (PID) settings make sure you get balanced tasting espresso every time. This digital temperature control feature detects when the water is precisely at the right temperature for optimal espresso extraction.
Automatic Microfoam Milk Texturing
This machine makes use of a self-cleaning steam wand which is powered by a dedicated boiler. The magic of this wand is that it automatically textures milk to the perfect consistency and produces professional-level microfoam. This foam enhances the flavor of your coffee and makes it possible to create latte art from the comfort of your kitchen.
The Barista Touch makes use of an incredibly intuitive touch screen. This feature simplifies the coffee-making experience and reduces it to three simple steps: Grind, Brew, and Milk. The touch screen also makes it easy to make adjustments in areas like coffee strength. Afterward, you can save all your adjustments under a unique name of your choice and can create up to 8 personalized coffees.
Single and Double Wall Filter Baskets, 54mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter, 480ml Stainless Steel Jug, ClaroSwiss Water Filter, Razor Precision Dose Trimming Tool, Cleaning Kit, and Water Hardness Test Strip
Capacity and Settings
The Barista Touch has a water tank capacity of 67 oz. While smaller than some other Breville machines, it is enough that you won’t have to be refilling too frequently. Different notable settings include 1 by 2 lb, Bean Hopper; Touch Screen Operation; 5 Pre-Programmed Cafe Favorites; Create, save and name 8 customizable settings; Adjustable Grind Control; Programmable Milk Temperature & Texture; 1 by 2 Shots; Hot Water.
The Barista Touch has a warranty of 2 years. The length of this warranty shows Breville’s confidence in the durability of its machines.
The Barista Touch uses 1680 WATTS of power and a voltage of 110 to 120 Volts.
Is Breville Barista Touch for you?
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders, and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino Plus, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Barista Express, Smart Grinder Pro, and Milk Cafe)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes, Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.